What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

Two giants out much earlier than anyone had predicted, Australia and India.
One team that had no business getting to the semi-finals, Pakistan.

Ever since Australia's decline and the dawn of Twenty20, Cricket has become much more unpredictable, and it's that much better for it. Just a few years ago, Australia in the final was almost a guarantee, the only question was who they would thrash to win. Now, any of the big six teams could win a tournament, it's all about performances on match-days. South Africa are the clear favourites at this time, very likely facing Sri Lanka in the final, but if we've learnt anything in the last few days, its that Cricket is not played on paper. Cricket is not a slave to statistics.

Pakistan. Well, it is hard for many to imagine what it feels like to be the underdogs, and push through adversity into a spot we have no business being in. A Pakistani's passion for Cricket is unmatched, because the emotional roller-coaster that the Pakistan Cricket team puts its people through is unmatched. An unattainable love. No one can look as ugly, and no one can look as beautiful. No other fan can imagine.

A country that has had little-to-no Cricket in the past year, a team that has played just a handful of Twenty20s, and an organization that can't do anything right. And yet, when we come to play, we come to play. When we come to battle, we are warriors.

That begs the question. What happens next? Which Pakistan team will show up against South Africa? The international clowns of batting? the underachievers of the bowling community? the laughingstock of the fielding world? I hope not. I wish for the cornered tigers. I pray for the poet warriors. I want the Champions.

Jun 18, 2009
1st Semi Final Twenty20 International South Africa vs Pakistan

Jun 19, 2009
2nd Semi Final Twenty20 InternationalSri Lanka vs West Indies

Its not easy for Pak to win.......They only won one tough game that was against New-Zealand.

They lost against SA, India (warm up games), England, Srilanka.

So how can any one pridict that they can win against SA in semi-finals.

i think although he ws at oval his blackberry wasn't working this time around ... :rofl: ... cmon buddy some reaction atleast .. its been more than a day since ppl at PDF heard from you . ... congratulations to pakistan .. today's match should be a good one.. india is STILL a defending champion and south africa is in form .. some thought ppl

I think 'Always neutral" hiding in his basement out of shame or he doesn't have the gut to face us as his two favorite team got kicked out form competition. :lol::rofl: Come on dude, it just a game. Face it like a man.........:smokin:

Last edited:
Champian will be Pakistan or Srilanka because these two teams will play final.

Dear MZUBAIR.Insha Allah Pakistan will win against SA because Pakistani team has got rythem back.Pray for Pakistan

At this stage I'm more than satisfied with the Pakistani comeback. The warm-up games and the losses against England and SL were a blessing in disguise. It provided the wakeup jolt to the Pakistani team. The team has rectified their mistakes and proven all of the critics wrong. I'm certain that the boys are going to give their 100% against SA. We will start as underdogs, but that alleviates a lot of pressure from the team. This team has provided a winning streak and their confidence level is high. They have already faced SA during a warm-up game and know what to expect. I think that we possess enough quality to beat the South Africans. Pakistan isn't a mickey mouse team. We're world champions.

I actually thought Pakistan was out after they lost to England!!.. can't believe we're back in action by beating Ireland and New Zealand ... this is going to be intense!! but i have a feeling either Sri Lanka or South Africa are going to win.. Lets see! But Pakistan team has done wonders before.. this should be no exception :)

Dear MZUBAIR.Insha Allah Pakistan will win against SA because Pakistani team has got rythem back.Pray for Pakistan

I wish n I pray, Pakistan perform well in coming games................but some times, I doubt Younis captaincy

The formula to beat the South Africans is as simple as:
Win the toss, bat first, send all of your hard hitters up the order and get the advantage of first 6 overs , continue momentum till 12-13th overs and than take 7-8 in over in the last 7-8 overs.

When it comes to bowling, simply spin and tight medium pace can do the trick.

Last edited:
The formula to beat the South Africans is as simple as:
Win the toss, bat first, send all of your hard hitters up the order and get the advantage of first 6 overs , continue momentum till 12-13th overs and than take 7-8 in over in the last 7-8 overs.

When it comes to bowling, simply spin and tight medium pace can do the trick.

Right on the mark. But goto have a contingency plan too, SA wil come prepared. But you are right that an early onslaught could dismantle their plans.

IMO regardless of how many runs we getm if don’t field well and bowl nos and wides then we wont have any chance against SA.

Lets see what happens, I good game of cricket would be better than a half hearted ill-disciplined ending.

if we lose I won't be hurt too much...but if we lose like we lost that worldcup final against australia in england, I would have few days of depression, a mild one though as now I aint that kinda supporter and follower of cricket as I used to be back in those days.

Back
Top Bottom