What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

It's amazing how cyber Indians all over the internet right now are posting comments on our victory today and claiming that this whole tournament was fixed simply because Pakistan was losing popularity in the game of cricket. In short, they believe that we are winning fixed matches because of ICC's generosity.

I never knew that world class cricket teams would loose on purpose for the sake of our image. If that's the case, How generous of them! :lol:

Something is burning for sure! :flame:

who doesnt lik readin the samething again after winning.... so here u go.

Shahid Afridi sweeps Pakistan into World Twenty20 final
• Pakistan 149-4 South Africa 142-5; Pakistan win by 7 runs
• South Africa's run of semi-final defeats continues

Shahid Afridi swept Pakistan into the World Twenty20 final on a passionate night in Nottingham, proclaiming in the process that they can still remain a force in international cricket despite the terrorism that has torn them asunder.

South Africa's run of semi-final defeats continues, but they were so outplayed that it is difficult to accuse them of choking once more. They were obliterated, with Afridi reawakening a largely dormant career with 51 from 34 balls – his first Pakistan fifty in all formats for 29 matches – and dispatching Herschelle Gibbs and AB de Villiers in the space of three balls.

Pakistan's cricket has long been entirely unpredictable and that restive nature seems even more apt now that they have been consigned to the lifestyle of a travelling circus, unable to play in their own country since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lanka team coach in Lahore in March.

Their victory was not without trauma. Umar Gul, the best bowler in the tournament, lost his run three consecutive times in the penultimate over, as if the occasion had temporarily become too much. And it was Gul who had earlier dropped Graeme Smith at mid-on, entirely failing to gather a skier as he back-pedalled and banging his head on the turf in the process.

South Africa, beaten for the first time, limped to the last over still 23 short of their victory target of 150, about par for a slow, turning pitch. JP Duminy struck Mohammad Amir's second ball, a low full toss, for six, but when Fawad Alam ran out Albie Morkel next ball with a direct hit from 40 yards it confirmed that the magic rested with Pakistan.

Pakistan's victory came despite what seemed to be an unacceptable intervention by the Australian umpire Steve Davis in the wake of the ball-tampering allegations made by New Zealand against Gul. Davis seemed to tell Pakistan's fielders not to throw the ball into the stumps on the bounce, in an attempt to roughen up the ball more quickly. It was a perfectly legitimate tactic and Davis's admonishment, if so it was, smacked of an attempt to impose arbitrary and unfair restrictions.
There has been much talk, justifiably, of the new South Africa, but last night it was the old South Africa that sustained them. Jacques Kallis, with bat and ball, remains largely wedded to orthodoxy and it was his 64 from 54 balls that kept them in contention before, with 39 needed from three overs, he went aerial against the off-spin of Saeed Ajmal and was confidently caught at long-on by Shoiab Malik.

This Trent Bridge surface perfectly suited Afridi's leg-spin. Gibbs's was bowled at the end of his first over, dangling his bat impotently in expectation of non-existent turn. De Villiers survived an edge to the wicketkeeper, Kamran Akmal, but chopped his next ball onto his stumps.

From the start of the match, every South African moment was evidence about their choking potential. Evidence that they would not came with Albie Morkel's fine catch, running back from mid-on, to dismiss Shahzaib Hasan. Evidence that they might came with Smith's lumbering misfield during Kamran Akmal's pop-from-a-bottle start to Pakistan's innings.

Afridi's promotion to No3 was Pakistan's wild card, and his 51 from 34 balls justified it. It has never been possible to ascribe logic to an Afridi innings. There is none. Even before the advent of Twenty20, no matter how serious the circumstances, he was thoroughly recalcitrant.

He only averages 15 in 41 Twenty20 matches, and he started scratchily, barely looking at the bowler's approach initially. But he is a perpetual menace, occasionally contained but never controlled.

From the depths of his memory, he summoned what his former coach Geoff Lawson concluded was his "best innings for two years".

In a tournament were variety of shot is supposedly crucial, Afridi survived by repetition. First he took 10 from three balls, all pulls off Kallis. Then he took a liking to the off-spin of Johan Botha making room to strike three successive balls over extra cover. Then, with his fifty, came a hurried change of bat, a disrespectful smite at Duminy's first ball, and a vertical catch to De Villiers at midwicket.

Shoaib Malik's 34 from 39 balls never really convinced, and the final spurt never quite came, their last 26 balls bringing only 25. In that period, South Africa did not concede a boundary. At the centre of this unremitting professionalism was Wayne Parnell, a 19-year-old fast bowler with nerves of steel, again aggressive, rhythmic and entirely unfazed. South Africa felt confident, but it was not to last.
Shahid Afridi sweeps Pakistan into World Twenty20 final | Sport | guardian.co.uk

It's amazing how cyber Indians all over the internet right now are posting comments on our victory today and claiming that this whole tournament was fixed simply because Pakistan was losing popularity in the game of cricket. In short, they believe that we are winning fixed matches because of ICC's generosity.

I never knew that world class cricket teams would loose on purpose for the sake of our image. If that's the case, How generous of them! :lol:

Something is burning for sure! :flame:

yes everyone has been too nice with us. NZ even accused us of ball tampering:smitten:

Something is burning for sure! :flame:[/QUOTE]

yeh bro the Indian bums on fire lol ..!

Guys, don't spoil the moment. Lets just be happy that we've come sofar...thats all we care!

Our Indians members have been very supportive sofar, lets celebrate together! :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanjay Majrekar cant wait for pak to do someting wrong.....dont mind but Indian Commentators have totally failed to curb their jealousy of pak

very right . I am very happy how they got the treatement in this tournament. sorry to say but India dindnt left any chance to destroy our Cricket. I mean Paskistani Players not playing IPL and then the attack at Sirilankan cricket team.

Some Indian memebers here say that we will support a subcontinental team but the way their commentatore were behaving it was truely unfortunate . I think India and Pakistan will compete ferouciously at every level weather its the Reagional Affairs or the wonderful game of Cricket.

I was shoked when Omer Gul appealed for what was a clear Plum of J.p Dumminy but the Umpire(Ausi) Steve Davis didnt got that Desicision right. Further More Sanjay Manjrekar Called it a " good Desicision " Despite knowing its wrong but his fellow commentator wasnt that much stupid and immidiately Said " No its a wrong Descision by the Umpire". So Sanjay Manjrekar is exposed now.

Punjabi
for the Indian Team
Hor na khedao saday Plyera no IPL toaday moo te enj he Juti Pai gi.

I am very happy that Pakistan is in the Finalz and the Proud Indians are going home Shamfully.:chilli::devil:
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I Wish Pakistan Or Srilanka can win the WC. I saw the first match of PAK today. The bowling was looking really dangerous. Afridi and GUL was at their best.But Still I am missing one Guy Sohaib Akhtar! I Wish he could have been i the team

Best Of luck PAK for the final!

Friday, June 19, 2009

KARACHI: The entire nation of Pakistan is overjoyed over the performance of national cricket team in the semi final of the ICC World Twenty20 wherein Pakistan thrashed the strong opponents South Africa by seven runs thus qualifying for the final show to be played on June 21.

Cricket loving people thronged out of home in jubilation over the brilliant performance of national team against South Africa in the do or die match and danced on main roads of many cities including Karachi, Lahore and Multan, celebrating the great victory of the nation.

Scores of people dealt out sweets among one another hoping that Pakistan will be able to lift the trophy of the tournament by the grace of Almighty Allah.

I was shoked when Omer Gul appealed for what was a clear Plum of J.p Dumminy but the Umpire(Ausi) Steve Davis didnt got that Desicision right. Further More Sanjay Manjrekar Called it a " good Desicision " Despite knowing its wrong but his fellow commentator wasnt that much stupid and immidiately Said " No its a wrong Descision by the Umpire". So Sanjay Manjrekar is exposed now.

Another moment of embaracement for sanjay what he said on shoiab malik stump appeal -- without seeing stump camera footage, he reached on to conclusion that he was out. But Its nasir hussain who said we need to look in from stump camera before reaching on decision. Then the video shown and 3rd umpire gave him not out.

Shoaib Malik never lifted his foot. great balance and technique.

Inidians commentator should be send back home along with team india :enjoy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom