What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

they need a month off from cricket. and ishant need to be told he is still - very much a club level bowler- just because he can be a world class bowler doesnt mean he is already there.

And need to let loose parveen kumar , he can be the best indian bowler with a little freedom and let him roam free.

----------------
sehwag is must for openning.
rohit is no where close to sachin , so stop comparing him.
dhoni is not god who will have luck always on his side.
bhajji is not better than ojha.

Very true skywalker,when he hit his 1st century against sl dhoni was being compared with sachin and sourav.....irfan pathan was a few years back compared with the great wasim akram......now look at them!!! Media and money cost them their form......,skills are still there,hope they learn a lesson from thease and improve furthur[/QU

dat is so true jacus . camparisions are always wrong 'coz two people are two different personalities with different work ethic . having said that media,fame and money were always there .. inspite of that these people have performed really well under dhoni culminating in a very succesful series against newzealand .. some of his achievements since 2007 are listed below . Its a team game but his agressive antics and strategy on and off the field has been liked by one and all .remember man with the midas touch... its funny 'coz you just have to look at some articles on the indian captain dhoni and all the information just comes out. i think he wasn't his best and he became defensive .. i am sure they will earn .

Team India went on to win the inaugural T20 cricket World Cup 2007
First ever trilateral ODI series win in Australia versus Australia and Sri Lanka CB Series of 2007-08.
First ever bilateral ODI series win in Sri Lanka (IDEA CUP) in August 2008.
He captained Team India to win the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2008 at home versus Australia. India went on to win the coveted 4 match Test series (2-0).
Also Team India to win the RBS Cup 2008 at home versus England. India went on to win the coveted 2 match Test series (1-0) and the 7 match ODI series (5-0) with the rest of the remaining two ODIs being abandoned.
Under his captaincy, India beat Sri Lanka for the second time to clinch the IDBI Fortis Wealthsurance Cup ODI series 2009 (4-1) and the only Twenty20 International, the first Twenty20 International match held in Sri Lanka. This is the second straight series win for Team India in Sri Lanka.
On the Indian tour of New Zealand in 2009, under his captaincy Team India created history by clinching their first ever ODI series win in New Zealand, the National Bank Series 2009. Team India have comfortably won the 5 match ODI series (3-1) with an ODI being abandoned due to rain. However Team India had lost the two Twenty20 International matches to the hosts.
Also the Team won the 3 Test National Bank Series 2009 series (1-0) with the two Test matches drawn. The victory in the Test series was India's first in New Zealand since 1967-68. In this series, Dhoni had led the team in the first and the last matches, and because of his injury, the second Test was captained by his deputy Virender Sehwag.
M.S. Dhoni is the first Indian Captain to achieve nine consecutive ODI wins (between 14/11/2008 and 05/02/2009). Earlier the record of having eight consecutive ODI wins were owned by Sunil Gavaskar (5)- Kapil Dev (3), Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
Previous captains Anil Kumble and Sourav Ganguly have said that under Dhoni India will reach greater heights and even all time great Richard Hadlee said that "Under Dhoni, India will become the world no.1 team" and he also said that by this 2-0 win that the Australian dominance in the cricket world had finally come to an end.[52][53]
As a farewell gift to former Indian captain, Saurav Ganguly who was set to retire after the Nagpur test against Australia, Dhoni asked Saurav Ganguly to lead the team for one last time towards the end of the Australian innings in the last test at Nagpur.[54]
Dhoni has already been compared to Australia's Steve Waugh for his captaincy skills. In the battle of nerves, the mental toughness accompanied with the cool temperament exhibited by Dhoni just resembles the times of Steve Waugh’s leadership.[55]
During the ODI Series 2009 in Sri Lanka, Dhoni had equalled the record of Zimbabwe's Andy Flower who has also played 46 ODIs in both roles of Wicket Keeper/Captain.
Out of the 7 Test matches played under Dhoni's captaincy, the Team India has won 5 of them and 2 drawn, thus making him a winning percentage of 71.42%. This has created a record which states that: Out of 289 players, who have captained their respective sides in Test cricket, only nine have remained unbeaten after leading their sides in five or more matches, of which Dhoni is the only one current players in this elite list.

India missed sehwag as an opener.....also we missed a rohit sharma,who sd have batted at the position where jadeja did......we got all messed up.....rp singh was not given his full quota of overs and many more......i agree with 'you hate me'(du hast micsh),india needs a one month break to regain form....

i think comparisons are always dangerous...Irfan and Dhoni are fine just as they are...no two players can be exactly alike.
We in sub continent put too much pressure on ourselves and on our players as well...

India had a bad day so what?
Does it mean they are a bad team?
If one team needs to win all in order to be good then we would never have good tournaments and just a few good teams.
Right now there is a change in cricket as most of the countries have retired and are retiring some of the most brilliant players in the history of cricket.
This has made the competition even closer!

I know that the likelihood of Pakistan producing even one bowler of Waqar/Wasim class is very remote and a pair is nearly impossible...I think personally that the most exciting phase of cricket and its most gifted generation was the one playing from 80s to early 2000s but still we are bound to find new stars and see some exciting personal battles as well!

Coming back to 20/20 i was quite shocked to learn of what new zealand had to say after losing to Pakistan...not a very good behavior by them.
When the likes of England, South Africa etc. reverse swing it is all about their acquired skills and hard work whereas the true masters and originators of this art are still cheaters to the biased...sad thing to see.
Seeing how the ball is bruised and battered in 20/20 it is quite an expected result if the bowler is talented in the art and has the right action...so many cameras and no proof yet the audacity to start the blame game is pathetic.

It seems England is home to controversy and rains :) ...both bad for a cricket tournament.

India missed sehwag as an opener.....also we missed a rohit sharma,who sd have batted at the position where jadeja did......we got all messed up.....rp singh was not given his full quota of overs and many more......i agree with 'you hate me'(du hast micsh),india needs a one month break to regain form....

It is "du hasst mich" :enjoy:

Who even cares about India exiting the WC. Big deal. Get over it. Australia which are a much better team are out of the WC. May the best team win in the end. Simple as that. Finding lame excuses for not performing isn't going to change anything.

Sami is the fastest bowler!
Fastest ball bowled by Shoaib Akhtar was @ 160kph!
And Sami bowled 164kph

Last edited by a moderator:
Wt a catch by Afridi.

Gull reverse swing looks like Waseem Akram's reverse swing yorkers...............

Back
Top Bottom