What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

So far, Sri Lanka and South Africa are unbeaten in this tournament.

We should not be afraid of SA. It would be better if we go hard at South Africans. Afridi should open against them along with Shahzaib and Malik can be replaced by Ahmed Shehzad.

We should not be afraid of SA. It would be better if we go hard at South Africans. Afridi should open against them along with Shahzaib and Malik can be replaced by Ahmed Shehzad.

Not a bad idea.
Only one thing fears me the foolish descions of Younis Khan.

LONDON: The Super Eight round of ICC Twenty20 World Cup is going to be completed with two matches being played today.

The Geo Super will live telecast both the matches from the ground.

New Zealand will play today’s first match against Sri Lanka at 1830 PST. This match is do-or-die for the Kiwis, as if they were routed by the Sri Lankans, they will be shown out of the tournament.

Similarly, if Sri Lanka is defeated, New Zealand may go to the Semi-final.

South Africa will play today’s second match at 2230 PST against India. The defence champions India are out of the tournament, therefore, the match is not important.

Both the matches will be played in Trent Bridge Nottingham.

Here is the scenario:

E1 = SA
E2 = WI

F1 = To be decided
F2 = To be decided

E1 v F2
E2 v F1

If SL losses they will become F2 and will play against SA(E1), if they win then they play against WI(E2).

One more thing if SL loose then they will be replaced by NZ due to better run rate as F2.

We have played more than 40 dot balls yesterday and we need to avoid this. Imagine if had we converted 25 singles out of those 42 balls we could have reached 185. Now almost every team is capable to bowl Yorkers in the slog overs so what we need to do is to take on the opposition early and don’t loose momentum till 12-13th over so that in the end we could get a total of around 170-180.

Indian coach gary kirsten said,ipl was the cause of the team's bad performance in the wc,important players got injured,and the team was very tired........another thing to note is that,indian captain mahendra singh dhoni,played all the matches for his team,the chennai super kings,despite a continuous back strain during the ipl.,......wonder,what lalit modi wd say,as the media is already questioning the tight schedule of the tournament,and its occurence just before the wc........

Mahendra singh dhoni's captaincy questioned after two years of sweet talking by the media........some of dhoni's decsions in the match versus england raised lot of eyebrows(precisely 2 billion!!!).....1-dropping the inform irfan pathan,who was in great form with the bat too....2-sending ravindra jadeja up the order,in his very first match of the wc....3-sending the inform yuvraj singh lower down the order.....4-continuously bowling ishant sharma,while rp singh who produced a great first spell,still had one over left at the end of 20 overs......5-india required 9 runs in the last two balls,in the penultimate delivery dhoni refused to take a couple,which wd have enhanced chances of leveling the scores,with the given form of pathan........he batted himself with 8 reqd of 1 ball!!! If couple was taken 7 was reqd to win,and a six wd have drawn the match.......just terrible

What's up mate? Look like you got kicked out from the game yet we still in.....:smokin:

i think although he ws at oval his blackberry wasn't working this time around ... :rofl: ... cmon buddy some reaction atleast .. its been more than a day since ppl at PDF heard from you . ... congratulations to pakistan .. today's match should be a good one.. india is STILL a defending champion and south africa is in form .. some thought ppl

We ain't defending champs anymore.....we are out!!! The match wd be good,but without any motivation,i dont know how the performance of the indian team wd be.....

allrite allrite .. not the defending champions but india is STILL the champion before the next king crowning on 21st june ... the team needs support at this juncture .. i read everyone hailed them as the favourites and the best team in the world. now lend them a shoulder of support .. they need it.. its jst a hiccup i guess.. they have hardly lost a series before this. LET THE FAREWELL OF THE KING BE A HAPPY ONE.

Its the media which creates hype unnecessarily and that is what exactly happened with the Indian team. They put so much pressure on them and they succumbed the pressure.

I still belive Indian team is one of the best team and they can always come back. As for Mr. Kisrten he needed the scape goat and he made the IPL as scape goat. Now he is telling otherwise. What a joke.

Players are not robots, winning and loosing are part of a game. Others are also here to win. My two cents.

just one more harmless thought .... no one looses or make tactical blunders thinking that they want to loose.. everyone gives their best ..somtimes it just doesn't click as a team. so i am sure INDIA would be at their best today and PAKISTAN would other teams a run for their money in the rest of the tournament..

Very true skywalker,when he hit his 1st century against sl dhoni was being compared with sachin and sourav.....irfan pathan was a few years back compared with the great wasim akram......now look at them!!! Media and money cost them their form......,skills are still there,hope they learn a lesson from thease and improve furthur

Back
Top Bottom