What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

Is he a nerd??? First saying he doesn't play t20 cricket seriously,and now this rubbish comment.......guys this type of captain doesn't really motivate your team,when you have to win your next much by a huge margin at all costs......

DAWN.COM | Cricket | Fawad, Sohail likely to play against Netherlands

"The equation looks quite simple for Pakistan; bat first and win by 25 runs or field first and go past Netherlands’ total with 19 balls to spare. However, with a recent history of first-round exits, another defeat against minnows and another early flight home cannot be ruled out for Pakistan, especially considering their lacklusture display on the tour so far."

Paywasta Reh Shajar Say, Umeed-e-Bahar rakh :)

"The equation looks quite simple for Pakistan; bat first and win by 25 runs or field first and go past Netherlands’ total with 19 balls to spare. However, with a recent history of first-round exits, another defeat against minnows and another early flight home cannot be ruled out for Pakistan, especially considering their lacklusture display on the tour so far."

I am willing to bet 100 bucks on Pakistan Making it to super eight. Any takers??

I think they will romp Netherlands today. Pakistan has always performed better in cricket when tucked into a corner.

I am willing to bet 100 bucks on Pakistan Making it to super eight. Any takers??

I think they will romp Netherlands today. Pakistan has always performed better in cricket when tucked into a corner.

well, to tell you the truth..I would give my life to see pakistan in super eights but the fact remains that the cricket they have played so far, they simply dont deserve to be in that league... and above all look at younis khan's comments abot T-20... I mean if a captain of the team doesnt takes his game "seriously" than what are we talking about? I say let Netherlands win it, they truley deserve it, they played like professionals and not "just for fun" :angry:

well, to tell you the truth..I would give my life to see pakistan in super eights but the fact remains that the cricket they have played so far, they simply dont deserve to be in that league... and above all look at younis khan's comments abot T-20... I mean if a captain of the team doesnt takes his game "seriously" than what are we talking about? I say let Netherlands win it, they truley deserve it, they played like professionals and not "just for fun" :angry:

IMO Yunis Khan is trying to be too cool, just that he fails miserably. He is trying to be cheeky, when he needs to be serious, but I am sure every Pakistani player will be motivated to take on Netherlands and show them where they belong in cricket.

Honestly, half my interest in the tournament will be lost if there is no Indo-Pak match in prospect. Come on, don't bail out on us now. Anyways, absence of Pakistan makes the Srilanka Group almost a walkthrough.

Below is copied from Cricinfo.com

Team news
Pakistan will make changes, most likely dropping Salman Butt and possibly pushing Kamran Akmal in his place. Sohail Tanvir may also get in, his unusual angles and action, worth confusing the Netherlands with.

Pakistan: (probable) 1 Ahmed Shehzad, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Shoaib Malik, 4 Misbah-ul-Haq, 5 Younis Khan (capt), 6 Shahid Afridi, 7 Yasir Arafat, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Mohammad Aamer, 11 Saeed Ajmal.

Given that the win against England was their biggest one yet, there are unlikely to be any changes from that starting XI.

Netherlands: (probable) 1 Alexei Kervezee, 2 Darron Reekers, 3 Ba Zuiderent, 4 Tom de Grooth, 5 Peter Borren, 6 Ryan ten Doeschate, 7 Daan van Bunge, 8 Edgar Schiferli, 9 Jeroen Smits (capt/wk), 10 Pieter Seelaar, 11 Dirk Nannes.

Pitch and conditions
Unfortunately for Pakistan, rain is forecast, but the Lord's pitch has offered both runs and movement off the seam.

Stats and trivia

25 - The least number of runs Pakistan must win by if they bat first to go through to the Super Eights.
7-0-73-1 - The combined figures of Pakistan's opening bowlers Yasir Arafat and Mohammad Aamer against England.
8-0-63-1 - The combined figures of Netherlands' opening bowlers Dirk Nannes and Edgar Schiferli against England.

Quotes
"It would be sad if we don't make it, but I have never attached too much importance to Twenty20 cricket, as it is fun cricket. I mean it is more for entertainment, even if it is international cricket. It is all for the crowd."
Younis Khan, Pakistan's captain, after the England loss.

"Cricket is no longer so boring."
Headline in Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad after the side's opening-day victory over hosts England in the World Twenty20

Below is copied from Cricinfo.com

Pitch and conditions
Unfortunately for Pakistan, rain is forecast, but the Lord's pitch has offered both runs and movement off the seam.

I had an honour to watch a Pak match few years back at Lords. Its incredible how quickly they clear the ground after the rain.

No one can do anything about the rain, if we are to lose i hope we lose due to rain rather than falling short of few runs or wickets.......

Sad news 4 India

ICC Twenty20 World Cup

Sehwag Ruled Out of ICC Twenty20 World Cup

Last Update : 09-Jun-2009 17:23:00 IST

London: India’s opening batsman Virender Sehwag has been ruled out of the ongoing ICC Twenty20 World Cup in England due to a shoulder injury.

Sehwag was advised to undergo a surgery for his shoulder injury, sources said.

The hard-hitting batsman, earlier, had to skip the opening match against Bangladesh including all the practice matches.

After Sehwag’s initial injury, Dhoni gambled with Rohit Sharma as Gautam Gambhir's partner to open the innings. Rohit played well in the opening slot, and now, Rohit Sharma is likely to open for India in all the matches of the Twenty20 World Cup in England.

source - Cricket World 4 U - The Complete home of World Cricket - International Cricket Schedule - Live Scores - Cricket News

Last edited:
GUYZZZZZZZZZ.....Salman Butt is playing:(...and at the cost of Amer Shehzad, who is a superb talent. But unfortunately he doesnt have the Parchee like Salman Butt.

This is so rediculous.....even if he scores 150 on 25 balls i would still say he is the weakest link in Pak side

no U R wrong man

the equation is like this

If they bat first then they must beat Netherlands by the margin of more than 30 Runs and if they bat second then they must achieve the target within 16 overs.

Back
Top Bottom