What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Export wont only rely on production in PAC but Chinese will also produce, remember its a joint product, joint menufecuring and profit sharing.

Tp be honest the chinese missed out on a opportunity to try their top shelf fighters in the war against terror in Pakistan. It would have given the world the opportunity to look at the Chinese fighters in combat missions which in return would have meant them selling more fighters worldwide.

Nigeria doesn't seem to be getting any, but one deal has been confirmed and it's likely Myanmar. Sri Lanka will succumb to Indian pressure and not buy any, not sure about Azerbaijan. As for Qatar, they can afford Rafales, why in Gods name would they need JF-17's? Bangaldesh is a good customer though.
These are your Assumptions, apparently your and not following the news properly. Wait and see :-)

These are your Assumptions, apparently your and not following the news properly. Wait and see :-)

I'm willing to wait and see, but I honestly just want us to focus on replacing our old fighters first, and then exporting this beast.

Mate don't talk about things you don't know about.

Thats like saying why are the Indians introducing the Tejas for combat role when they are buying Raffles. you use the rafaeles alongside jf17's. just like how we use the jf17 alongside the f16's.

Qatar wants jf17's badly and will be the first customers to choose the twin seater jf17b. Even the Saudi's were very much interested in getting some jf17's but they were reluctant on the engines and insisted the jf17's for Saudis have the ef200 engine the same ones they are used to on the Typhoons.

India is different, they operate a large Air Force with a lot of outdated equipment. Qatar and Saudi Arabia does not want them badly, both can afford better equipment and neither of them operate outdated planes. Qatar has already ordered enough Rafales to replace all their current fighters and then some. No need for the JF-17, unless they want a larger Air Force.

I'm willing to wait and see, but I honestly just want us to focus on replacing our old fighters first, and then exporting this beast.

India is different, they operate a large Air Force with a lot of outdated equipment. Qatar and Saudi Arabia does not want them badly, both can afford better equipment and neither of them operate outdated planes. Qatar has already ordered enough Rafales to replace all their current fighters and then some. No need for the JF-17, unless they want a larger Air Force.

There is a possibility that QAF will go for twin seat JFT to replace Alpha Jets. QAF is expanding its fleet from 1 squadrons to 2-3 squadrons. They are looking for high -low option. High end rafel (24 examples) low option (JFT), and this is the only low option they have.

CwJkRstVMAAW_-E-696x522.jpg

The China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC) in collaboration with the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is developing a new version of JF-17 aircraft.

The model of new JF-17B two-seater multirole fighter was unveiled at the China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition in Zhuhai.

The JF-17B retains full combat capability, and as much of the existing airframe is being kept as possible. The design features a humped dorsal spine to restore the fuel capacity displaced by the second seat, in turn requiring a dorsal fin to restore keel area.

Currently, the aircraft is integrated with three Chinese weapons–the PL-5 and SD-10 air-to-air missiles and the C-802AK long-range anti-ship missile. Other ordnance used by the aircraft is produced in Pakistan by the Air Weapons Complex.

Air Refueling intake of F-18 is very good and can hide it after refiling so no visibility disturbance for Pilots but what about for JF-17B?

CwJkRstVMAAW_-E-696x522.jpg

The China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC) in collaboration with the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is developing a new version of JF-17 aircraft.

The model of new JF-17B two-seater multirole fighter was unveiled at the China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition in Zhuhai.

The JF-17B retains full combat capability, and as much of the existing airframe is being kept as possible. The design features a humped dorsal spine to restore the fuel capacity displaced by the second seat, in turn requiring a dorsal fin to restore keel area.

Currently, the aircraft is integrated with three Chinese weapons–the PL-5 and SD-10 air-to-air missiles and the C-802AK long-range anti-ship missile. Other ordnance used by the aircraft is produced in Pakistan by the Air Weapons Complex.

Which engine it will use? Hope we get EJ-200 some how for this beauty.

Hopefully..
There are three possible options
1-Ej-200
2-Ws-13A
3-Rd-93M

EJ-200 tweaked for JFT-B & possibly JFT-Block-3 on wards will take this bird to New level, allowing more weapons carrying and power for other systems also if more composites are used it will allow 20% increase in overall size of jet too.

hi, one Question
why would PAF go for an Engine which have more hours life than Aircraft airframe ??

Air frame life in newer blocks can be increased by making it more strong and lighter materials.

EJ-200 tweaked for JFT-B
yes bcz it is maily for export...
amd it was hard to sell JFT with a Russian Engine...So European Option specially for middle East countries was chosem

@mods i dont understand the mean of merging the thread...:angry::disagree:

it pains me to tell you that the saudi air force chief is on a visit to pakistan as we speak and is being shown around karama facility right now which is home of the jf17. in his statement released a few minutes ago he has said that they are here to finalise deal for jf17 and super mushak

now are you still going to tell me rich countries don't need a jf17. qatar and saudi are both on board about purchasing the jets

Saudi Arabia planning procurement of JF-17 Thunder, Mashshaks, says Saudi air chief

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/saudi-ar...ks-says-saudi-air-chief.459861/#ixzz4PKnZpiM9

haha saudis and Qatar's won't buy the jf17 haters report to this thread immediately

time and time again i told people both Qatar and SA wanted the jf17 and see it as a vital fighters in protection of their assets. the issues were that qatar wanted a twin seater jet and saudi's wanted to get the ef200 engine on the jet as they are used to using and painting these engines for the the Royal air force Typhoons.

Back
Top Bottom