What's new

Pakistan welcomes formation of Saudi-led 34-nation military coalition

I and maybe most of the world dont trust saudis, Indonesian lack leadership, same with Pakistan, only mini Sultan is capable leader but under attack of sectarians and west, no leadership, or weak leadership can cause great danger to this alliance.

You can trace the origins of Daesh / ISIS back to the invasion of Iraq by US forces. If anything, its US responsibility to put
"Humpty Dumpty" together again.

However, I can see why Turkey, Jordan, and to some extent GCC would be worried about Daesh in Syria. Some of these countries share a border with Syria and as such the threat of Daesh impacts them directly but why would Bangladesh, Egypt, Malaysia, and Pakistan take part in this?

Source: Long Road to Hell (CNN, 2015 / Video)

And here they go again with our flag in their press briefings #BringOurFlagBack

I really appreciate the enthusiasm shown towards this new mighty coalition by some of my countrymen and ummahmen. But do you guys seriously believe it is viable and has the ability to fight against ISIS.

Of the 34 countries about 10 don't even have a proper army, let alone navy or airforce, they are just there to add numbers to the count of countries joining the coalition. Then other than Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan, which muslim army can be considered a modern coherent fighting force. And all three of them have internal problems.

In case of Pakistan our forces are stretched to the limit with force deployment of more than 50 percent i.e at any given time more than 50 percent of our forces are either conducting operations or are deployed along the borders. That creates a lot of fatigue, so we are in no position to send our forces to be deployed anywhere else.

I really appreciate the enthusiasm shown towards this new mighty coalition by some of my countrymen and ummahmen. But do you guys seriously believe it is viable and has the ability to fight against ISIS.

Of the 34 countries about 10 don't even have a proper army, let alone navy or airforce, they are just there to add numbers to the count of countries joining the coalition. Then other than Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan, which muslim army can be considered a modern coherent fighting force. And all three of them have internal problems.

In case of Pakistan our forces are stretched to the limit with force deployment of more than 50 percent i.e at any given time more than 50 percent of our forces are either conducting operations or are deployed along the borders. That creates a lot of fatigue, so we are in no position to send our forces to be deployed anywhere else.

You forgot BD. Our army though small (eleven Divs) is perhaps the most professional/competent among all Muslim nations. Just look at our record in UN Missions. However, I think either Turkey or Pakistan should lead this coalition.

Pakistan FO statement. And end of discussion .

" It is Pakistani government’s policy that it will not deploy its troops outside the country’s borders except for UN peacekeeping missions."

Policies arent set in stone..they can change whenever nessecary .. For the national interests of the state...

Pakistani troops have operated outside the region and the UN mandate before.. The last known engagement was Sri Lanka... Apart from that Pak still has 1000+ troops stationed in KSA alone.. Not to forget other friendly brother states.

Even if the 34 states set aside 1000 troops that's 34,000 soldiers on standby... Also states like Pak-Turkey etc can train and have industrial capacity/base to support and coordinate with others.

Although I'm sure that Pakistan (despite everything) will not engage in any secterian based (or biased) situation... Or against Iran... Or against it's own natural interests.

Our army though small (eleven Divs) is perhaps the most professional/competent among all Muslim nations. Just look at our record in UN Missions.
Surely Bangladesh army has proven its worth in many UN missions around the world. But how much combat or counter insurgency experience does it has. A fight against ISIS will not be a simple peacekeeping mission. No disrespect to the brave men and women of BD army, but I really hope your forces never see combat and counter insurgency, its an ugly thing.
Even if the 34 states set aside 1000 troops that's 34,000 soldiers on standby... Also states like Pak-Turkey etc can train and have industrial capacity to support and coordinate with others.
So you think Gabon with total military of 4500(i.e army,navy,airforce and police) will be able to set aside 1000 troops. Or Guinea, Benin, Togo, Comoros will be able to do that. And let's suppose they are able to do that, do you seriously think those soldiers can be called professionals. Do you really want our soldiers to go into a conflict zone accompanying these guys.

Yep, that's correct.

Saudis are no leader in any terms.

Their military lack any significant combat experience and they have laughably pathetic industrial capacity in defence.

Arabs, in general, lack any significant industrial capacity given the amount of resources they have.

If anything, Turkey should be the leader.....

Now that Pakistan is in a military alliance, I think they can get over their paranoia of India always looking for opportunities to attack them.....'cause now if India attacks, there is an alliance to defend Pakistan.....
Pakistanis should condemn their military establishment if they try to spread India phobia again...

Last edited:
Saudis are no leader in any terms.

Their military lack any significant combat experience and they have laughably pathetic industrial capacity in defence.

Arabs, in general, lack any significant industrial capacity given the amount of resources they have.

If anything, Turkey should be the leader.....

Turkey should be the leader of what...? Every country here values its interests before anything else. So they won't enter position of leadership into something that may not suit them. And I'm not referencing Turkey here , I mean it in a general sense.

Arabs don't have political/military ambitions because every Arab nation that did was destroyed by the West. Pakistan had free reign to produce nuclear arsenal, Arab nations didn't. They were all attacked by the West. Arabs lack political will, because they are mostly secular right now. Once they return to the path of Islam than they will have political will to be ambitious. All other Muslims also need to return to path of Islam.

Now that Pakistan is in a military alliance, I think they can get over their paranoia of India waiting for opportunities to attack them.....'cause now if India attacks, there is an alliance to defend Pakistan.....
Pakistanis should condemn their military establishment if they try to spread India phobia again...

The only person with a phobia seems to be you and it is called Pak-Army-Phobia. Nowhere in this thread India was mentioned, but well you somehow had to nudge it in so you can show your relevance but again you and your country are irrelevant in these matters. So please stay away.

The only person with a phobia seems to be you and it is called Pak-Army-Phobia. Nowhere in this thread India was mentioned, but well you somehow had to nudge it in so you can show your relevance but again you and your country are irrelevant in these matters. So please stay away.
I didn't say that India is relevant in this matter......I only tried to say that common Pakistanis should no more fall for the lies their military establishment spreads vis-a-vis India.....

I wish if this alliance could have guts to attack Isreal and take back Jerusalem (the most holiest city after Makkah and Madena for us)
Its just a thought please dont take it seriously.

black september...gen zia.... jordan ...king hussein. 3500 dead palestinians!!
whats next? yemen? iran? syria? or
us? israel? russia? india? france? uk?

offtopic:
image.jpg

I wish if this alliance could have guts to attack Isreal and take back Jerusalem (the most holiest city after Makkah and Madena for us)
Its just a thought please dont take it seriously.

Now that Pakistan is in a military alliance, I think they can get over their paranoia of India always looking for opportunities to attack them.....'cause now if India attacks, there is an alliance to defend Pakistan.....

The Coalition is against terrorism not a nation. Terrorism too undefined.

Unless Pakistan gets a complete understanding of the coalition, it will end up like the US-Pakistan Cold War Defense treaty that fell apart because the Pakistanis thought it applied in a war with India.

Back
Top Bottom