What's new

Pakistan vs New Zealand: T20 World Cup 2012

Good analysis.

I think Imran Nazir was pretty decent today, got a nice little score, and made a platform for the others to work on. (i didn't see his innings so can't comment if those runs were flukes or some well made ones). But if he doesn't perform in the next match, he should be gone, because we can't be taking risks in Super 8.

Umar Gul and Afridi are interesting cases. Afridi always seems to click in tournaments like these, remember the T20 we won? Umar Gul can still be a very useful bowler with his bowling at the last overs. He gets his yorkers in like no other.

Yasir Arafat I think can be replaced by Razzaq. Offers a bit more with batting, and we don't really need him for bowling (Afridi, Gul, Ajmal, Hafeez, Tanvir can do that job).

Yep Imran was pretty decent but teams with better bowling attacks won't let him go. The guy who couldn't mend himself in 13 years of international cricket carrier, I don't know why we expect from him. He has never been consistent not that he lacked talent but because he never learnt from his mistakes.
Umar Gul is doing reasonably well but Afridi seem to be lacking intensity, if he pulls his spirits up I believe he can do the same wonders.
Well Abdul Razaq needs to decide his future himself before selectors decide something about him, cause a team needs a super fit player at number 7 or 8, precisely a very agile utility player.

Although Mohammed Sami was not playing in this game, he too should be reevaluated. Honestly he has played for a long long time and been a very bad bowler in international cricket.

In my opinion Junaid khan should be given responsibilities. Sami needs to understand that line and length with slight swing is much better than pace.

Back
Top Bottom