What's new

Pakistan vs England 2012 series (Cricket assault in Deserts of U.A.E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misbah and Younis Khan need to retire from ODI asap! Shahid Afridi needs to be given back his captaincy. Gul should only stick to T20s, he is absolutely terrible in ODIS and Tests.

I don't understand what's wrong there..same team, same spinners and same pitches where they beat England in three consecutive test matches and now they lost three consecutive one days. why magic of ajmal did not work in one days. I thought its difficult to win test matches as compare to one days but here its different story

I don't understand what's wrong there..same team, same spinners and same pitches where they beat England in three consecutive test matches and now they lost three consecutive one days. why magic of ajmal did not work in one days. I thought its difficult to win test matches as compare to one days but here its different story

Hi,

You did not understand---I am surprised---. You needed to get rid of Misbah first of all----and one pace bowler---. The replacements would be Shoaib---Abdul Razzaq---. Surprisingly---Umar Gul is not using his yorkers---whats wrong with him---did he listen to Nasir Hussein's commentary where he stated that the english bowlers were not using yorkers anymore---to the tail enders---.

Seems like Gul has fallen intot hat trap----Razzaq is a known player aganist the english team---he gets them nervous---. Dropping Malik after one game was silly----. You always play your proven players against those sides who have shown success in the recent past against those teams. Middle east is sort of Abdul Razzaq's home ground.

Misbah is just cashing in his paycheck for being the captain of all the 3 teams----.

when it was 70 for 4, i knew this would be a real flopper......Afridi did well, but overall our batting is shyte. We beat the #1 test team, but now in ODI (where we should be crushing them) we are performing sub-standard

the lineup is not good....on fielding, we have spinners, we need some fast bowlers

i hope we can at least end the ODI lose-streak by crushing them in the remaining odi

Misbah and Younis are stopping young stars like Asad and Umar Akmal from progressing any further. Its a real shame a gem like Umar Akmal comes at Number 6. Also Azhar Ali is not a ODI player, he is great at tests and needs to focus on that only.

This is my lineup.
1.Hafeez
2.Afaq Raheem/Ahmed Shehzad
3.Asad Shafiq
4.Umar Akmal
5.Fawad/Shahzaib/Ramiz Raja Jr
6.Hammad Azam
7.Shahid Afridi
8.Adnan Akmal/Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)
9.Riaz
10.Sami
11.Ajmal

when it was 70 for 4, i knew this would be a real flopper......Afridi did well, but overall our batting is shyte. We beat the #1 test team, but now in ODI (where we should be crushing them) we are performing sub-standard

the lineup is not good....on fielding, we have spinners, we need some fast bowlers

i hope we can at least end the ODI lose-streak by crushing them in the remaining odi

Abou,

It was very obvious that england would take us out in the one dayers---. It is a totally different game---please read Ramiz Raja's article in today's jang----. He talksabout how australia has changed players for their T20 format as well as the one dayers---as has england---.

Where is Strauss-----he doesn't even fit into the picture----but is the test captain---. How abput Misbah----he hardly fits into the test side---but is a good thoughtfull leader---but can't lead from the fron in the one dayers or the T20---. He is there for only one reason-----GREED---. As long as he can milk that captain's paycheck--he will keep on doing it.

Seems like that was the promise made to him by Rehman malik for throwing the semi final against india.

In their one day squad---pakistan has a very long tail. The magic of spin only lasts for so long---the opponent is not an idiot and the pitch doesnot favour the spin all the time---.

The problem is Pakistan is playing with 2 bowlers if you see it this way.... depending all the times on spinners is silly on their part...umer gul and cheema are mere spectators who are doing nothing apart from leaking runs....being known as the team always riddled with world class pace bowlers we are now a team riddled with junk bowlers ...Umer gul has not performed since a long long time and i am tired of saying this ...he is an over-hyped bowler ...why the selection committee is persisting with him

When yousaf and shoaib was thrashed for same reasons then why not gul who has been performing 200% more poorly then the former twos ...this shows that there is a clear grouping within the team which is restricting many new players to come in

Hammad azam you got to feel for the guy...such a talent ...has been a part of the team for almost 3rd series but never provided with the opportunity to play a game

Misbah ..ohh man he is just as artificial as it gets

Farhat been tried for last 10-12 years has been in and out of the team but even after 12 years suffers from the same problem ....can any one tell me when was the last time farhat played a convincing innings??????

Just RIP to the team and selection committee

its going to be a revenge by english team for a 4-0 odi win ....just no one wants to see Pakistan nation happy over a longer period of time may it be Pakistan team

PAKISTAN disable cricket team defeated English disable cricket team in the same stadium yesterday.
badle tu hum muka hi dete hen alhumdullilah
long live PAKISTAN:pakistan:

We should at least try the younger fast bowlers and all rounders instead of making them sit on the benches and get older without gaining much in way of real international experience.
Sure they are going to get thrashed by good sides in some matches but room for improvement is there if you are young and hungry.
There are plenty of young ones but what is surprising for me is that even in T20 matches we have been reluctant to field new faces.

We should field a very young team with only few seniors during the T20 matches so that young stars are exposed to the international teams in a format which suits a more cavalier approach, it has been too long since we saw the aggression in pace bowling and batting at the top of the order that was once there in Pakistan team in ODIs.
We need to rebuild our pace attack and we need to do it as soon as possible.
We also need a few young and aggressive top order batsmen and all rounders to be persisted with in T20s and ODIs.
If temperament is sound then the youngsters can be given test caps.

I agree with the opinion that all three teams should be picked on requirement of the format and can be very different from each other. Misbah is a great Test captain and has done brilliantly well in Tests, however Afridi was doing very well as an ODI captain and being a highly effective ODI player, he was high on confidence in the format as well.
Having Afridi as ODI captain will not only relieve pressure on Misbah (who must be miserable right now) but shall have added benefit due to Afridi's retirement from Test cricket which shall ensure that there is no axe to grind between the two.

Maybe we should not think in terms of one cricket team, but three teams for three formats with emphasis on introducing maximum youngsters in T20Is and at least some in the ODI squad.

While it can be that there are players and captains suited to all formats, it should not be an automatic selection without any periodic review.

Gul is not at all an attacking and penetrative pace spearhead like his predecessors the Ws, Shoaib, Aamir etc. and he lacks the brilliant control and cunning of Asif.
He is even less of a threat with the new ball and with the new rules in ODI, that is biting us even more.
Gul is a good bowler, but the pressure on him has been a lot after the sad fate of Amir and Asif, he is just not gifted enough to be a spearhead of a team with a fast bowling legacy of Pakistan.

Gul always lacked confidence and control with the new ball (himself admitted he liked to bowl with older ball) and now there are two new balls in ODI which instead of being an advantage as demonstrated by England pace attack, is becoming a major problem for Gul and Pakistan.

With even Lesser chances of reverse swing due to the new rules, lack of a good new ball bowler is something that cannot be compensated for at all in the late overs.
We need to let the more talented younger fast bowlers in the team now in order to have a long term pace attack, Cheema is quite old and does not hold much promise for the future.
I see many quick, aggressive and talented bowlers in our domestic cricket, we need to risk experimenting with them to build the future.
Junaid and Wahab should be given some time to prove themselves and if found wanting we should go for the other young bowlers, however Gul cannot be expected to handle all formats as the lone spearhead with the new ball.

Abou,

It was very obvious that england would take us out in the one dayers---. It is a totally different game---please read Ramiz Raja's article in today's jang----. He talksabout how australia has changed players for their T20 format as well as the one dayers---as has england---.

Where is Strauss-----he doesn't even fit into the picture----but is the test captain---. How abput Misbah----he hardly fits into the test side---but is a good thoughtfull leader---but can't lead from the fron in the one dayers or the T20---. He is there for only one reason-----GREED---. As long as he can milk that captain's paycheck--he will keep on doing it.

Seems like that was the promise made to him by Rehman malik for throwing the semi final against india.

In their one day squad---pakistan has a very long tail. The magic of spin only lasts for so long---the opponent is not an idiot and the pitch doesnot favour the spin all the time---.

I really think we should make Misbah just the Test Captain.
I hope Afrdi can become Captain again for ODI. Although we lost lost last year's world cup, it was still a great achievement taking Pakistan into the Semis.

We should at least try the younger fast bowlers and all rounders instead of making them sit on the benches and get older without gaining much in way of real international experience.
Sure they are going to get thrashed by good sides in some matches but room for improvement is there if you are young and hungry.
There are plenty of young ones but what is surprising for me is that even in T20 matches we have been reluctant to field new faces.

We should field a very young team with only few seniors during the T20 matches so that young stars are exposed to the international teams in a format which suits a more cavalier approach, it has been too long since we saw the aggression in pace bowling and batting at the top of the order that was once there in Pakistan team in ODIs.
We need to rebuild our pace attack and we need to do it as soon as possible.
We also need a few young and aggressive top order batsmen and all rounders to be persisted with in T20s and ODIs.
If temperament is sound then the youngsters can be given test caps.

I agree with the opinion that all three teams should be picked on requirement of the format and can be very different from each other. Misbah is a great Test captain and has done brilliantly well in Tests, however Afridi was doing very well as an ODI captain and being a highly effective ODI player, he was high on confidence in the format as well.
Having Afridi as ODI captain will not only relieve pressure on Misbah (who must be miserable right now) but shall have added benefit due to Afridi's retirement from Test cricket which shall ensure that there is no axe to grind between the two.

Maybe we should not think in terms of one cricket team, but three teams for three formats with emphasis on introducing maximum youngsters in T20Is and at least some in the ODI squad.

While it can be that there are players and captains suited to all formats, it should not be an automatic selection without any periodic review.

Gul is not at all an attacking and penetrative pace spearhead like his predecessors the Ws, Shoaib, Aamir etc. and he lacks the brilliant control and cunning of Asif.
He is even less of a threat with the new ball and with the new rules in ODI, that is biting us even more.
Gul is a good bowler, but the pressure on him has been a lot after the sad fate of Amir and Asif, he is just not gifted enough to be a spearhead of a team with a fast bowling legacy of Pakistan.

Gul always lacked confidence and control with the new ball (himself admitted he liked to bowl with older ball) and now there are two new balls in ODI which instead of being an advantage as demonstrated by England pace attack, is becoming a major problem for Gul and Pakistan.

With even Lesser chances of reverse swing due to the new rules, lack of a good new ball bowler is something that cannot be compensated for at all in the late overs.
We need to let the more talented younger fast bowlers in the team now in order to have a long term pace attack, Cheema is quite old and does not hold much promise for the future.
I see many quick, aggressive and talented bowlers in our domestic cricket, we need to risk experimenting with them to build the future.
Junaid and Wahab should be given some time to prove themselves and if found wanting we should go for the other young bowlers, however Gul cannot be expected to handle all formats as the lone spearhead with the new ball.

I believe there is an abundance of talent available - there is no doubt in all our minds. The problem moving forward sir is hindered in 2 ways. The greed of certain players and their aspirations and secondly the failiure of the management to have the balls to change. The philosophy of "he has done it in the past - he has been great for our game" is wrong and worn down now. Inzi outstayed his stay alongside others in the past who simply are focused on just one thing. Themselves. Please dont get me wrong Inzi was a world beater - just dragged it on too long and blocked places for youngsters to merge.
The board are the guilty party. Their management is more mismanagement orientated.
I will give you a basic example of why i am puzzled at the way they work.
In 2006 Pakistan U19s played against India in the final. Pakistan won an astonishing game. Some incredible bowling from Anwar Khan, Jamshed Ahmed and Akhtar Ayub as shown below. The India side included 6 players that have represented their nation including the likes of Rohit Sharma, Jadeja and Suresh Raina. Not 1 player from Pakistan has moved up. Why? If we in 6 years cant develpo 1 player into the first team then there is something seriously wrong with our national set up.
For the record please view and enjoy..........

Pakistan Vs India Worldcup under-19 final 2006 - YouTube

I believe there is an abundance of talent available - there is no doubt in all our minds. The problem moving forward sir is hindered in 2 ways. The greed of certain players and their aspirations and secondly the failiure of the management to have the balls to change. The philosophy of "he has done it in the past - he has been great for our game" is wrong and worn down now. Inzi outstayed his stay alongside others in the past who simply are focused on just one thing. Themselves. Please dont get me wrong Inzi was a world beater - just dragged it on too long and blocked places for youngsters to merge.
The board are the guilty party. Their management is more mismanagement orientated.
I will give you a basic example of why i am puzzled at the way they work.
In 2006 Pakistan U19s played against India in the final. Pakistan won an astonishing game. Some incredible bowling from Anwar Khan, Jamshed Ahmed and Akhtar Ayub as shown below. The India side included 6 players that have represented their nation including the likes of Rohit Sharma, Jadeja and Suresh Raina. Not 1 player from Pakistan has moved up. Why? If we in 6 years cant develpo 1 player into the first team then there is something seriously wrong with our national set up.
For the record please view and enjoy..........

Pakistan Vs India Worldcup under-19 final 2006 - YouTube

Salaams

I agree with the U-19 example as this has been my observation as well.
Not everyone is as gifted as Mohammad Amir to break into the senior side and become an immediate star, however there is no denying that if our U-19 has been consistently performing well then there are plenty of players who can be guided and coached to handle the big stage.

Regarding Inzi, if a player is of high caliber one can retain them in one format.
A senior player can be excluded from the ODI squad and still play in Test, this can be for the better.

One day matches kon dekhta hai Faraz...
Test cricket hi asal cricket hai...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom