What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

personally think Shan will come good
have to stick with this line up if 1st test is success

must see Imran Khan interview with Mike Atherton (Part 1)

Last edited:
Imran Khan Latest Interview/Documentary on Sky Sports

part 1

great interview

I base my opinion looking at his averages. I think a cricketer who doesn't excel in domestic matches above 40+ average in test should not play International matches.

13692130_1776267049257948_1920899196_o.png

IzdH2AE.gif

Last edited:
Stumps - Day 1

Pakistan 282/6

6.33pm A very solid day from Pakistan's batsmen, led by an exceptional ton from captain Misbah. Hafeez and Younis contributed with starts but not much else till Misbah combined with Shafiq to first stabilise, then utilise some wayward bowling to put England under the sword. Woakes was England's standout bowler, aided by two loose strokes towards the end of the day.

Get at-least 410+, already 300 is up just need to make another 100-150 and then unleash our bowling magic and we will be eating fish and chips with an evening tea, sire!

End of the day one Pakistan - 282/6.
Rahat the night watchmen was out bowled on the last bowl of the day by Chris Woakes.

103287767_misbahrex-large_trans++YCKrBrxMIFe_jQ3icp_YoPfEoMIVZ2UcJPvT0sxgKwc.jpg

Pakistan's captain Misbah-ul-haq scored his maiden ton at lords. He not only now has his name in the honours board but he is also the oldest batsman to score a century at test match cricket at the age of 42.
Shafiq (73) played well and the young man was looking good for a hundred but was caught behind (b.woakes) playing a loose indecisive shot.
Younus and Hafeez played a mature innings but unfortunately Hafeez got out playing a poor flick shot.

Ps- can anybody tell me which Pakistani commentator has been contracted by the Sky Sports for the series. I watched the match in bits and pieces and no Pakistani commentator was on during the whole time.

Last edited:
Nicely played by Pakistan...Still some batting left....300+ is on the cards...

I love his spirit :pakistan:

His hundred was dedicated to the instructors at an army boot camp in Abbottabad where Pakistan spent two weeks training before flying to England. Old stagers Misbah and Younus Khan came top in the fitness tests.

“That was my promise to the army guys when we did our training camp,” he said. “We used to have an honour code where we were told to step into the ground and do ten push ups. I promised them whenever I got hundred I would do that to remind them (Army) we were there. That was for them and the salute was for the (Pakistan) flag. That was what they asked us to do so I did it for them.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/...misbah-ul-haq-reveals-his-century-celebratio/

Ps- can anybody tell me which Pakistani commentator has been contracted by the Sky Sports for the series. I watched the match in bits and pieces and no Pakistani commentator was on during the whole time.
Ramiz Raja...

@anant_s , 42 years young and still going strong!

Back
Top Bottom