What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

Sarfaraz out early was a bad blow , Pakistan needed 450 runs to be on secure side 339 was an average ODI score.
Very irresponsible batting from Sarfaraz

Pakistan needed 50/50 Partnership between Misbah / Sarfaraz

yessir yassir
eng 139-3
lucky lucky cook dropped twice off Amir

yassir you beauty

eng 147-4

Last edited:
Wahan riaz and that should not be played

I do not understand why going with 3 left farmers at least one right arm fast bowler could be included in place of rahat it will give a more of better suited attack *** England has 4 left handed batsman and sohail Khan can make the bowl talk in these conditions better than rahat and wahab

Wahab riaz has lost his form his selection do not suit

2nd innings of Pakistan will decide who wins

Commentary I read in cricket buzz

Stumps, Day 2: So, the appalling run-rate sneaks into the Pakistani bowling card as well, and despite the leggie Yasir Shah bowling a mind-boggling 25 overs at a stretch, we have managed to fall short of the number of overs we should have had by now. But a superb comeback by Pakistan after getting steamrolled in the first hour of play, with Woakes playing the tormenter-in-chief picking up six wickets to blow away the tail. But once the army of left-arm seamers came out with the new cherry, they managed to get the ball to talk, posing some serious questions to the English openers. With some help from the slip fielders and the keeper who put down regulation sitters, Amir, on his comeback at the same ground where it all went so wrong six years ago, could have had Cook twice.
Cook managed to capitalize big time on the two lives and along with Joe Root for company stiched together a 110-run stand. But the advent of the leggie managed to pierce the fragile middle order as he displayed exceptional character to bamboozle the batsmen with his guile and drift to get his name engraved on that coveted honours board. Still trailing by 86 runs, and with just three wickets in hand, a mountain of a challenge awaits the hosts as they would look to minimize their deficit on a fresh morning, against arguably the most potent attack in this format. Do join us tomorrow for what perhaps could be the deciding day of this intriguing Test. From all of us here, until tomorrow, ta ta!!

Today highlight: Yasir Shah, 5 wicket haul on a pitch that really wasnt helpful to spinners against an in form England batting line. Now that requires some skill!

Today disappointment: Sarfaraz. I think everyone had pinned high hopes on him last night and were expecting him and Misbah to take the team to at least 400 and maybe beyond.

Need to get them out fast, get a 50 or so runs lead on them and bat big ASAP. Pitch is good for batting...

England first innings score - 272/10.
Pak now has a lead of 67 runs.

yasir.jpg

As much as we were hoping for Pakistani pacers to rain hell on the English batsmans surprisingly it was the leg spiner Yasir Shah who took a five wicket hall at 6/72 and gets his name on the lords honours board.

Pakistan out to bat again.

As much as we were hoping for Pakistani pacers to rain hell on the English batsmans surprisingly it was the leg spiner Yasir Shah who took a five wicket hall at 6/72 and gets his name on the lords honours board.
Already gave my opinion on this test match, it's a flat deck. Good batting conditions, i knew it was going to be Yasir making the break through. Though we did drop some catches.

Good clean-up, got a good lead now. @anant_s , typical script by Misbah...Hopefully we can clean them up too on day 5.
Spotted Imran Khan and Wasim Akram watching the game...

Gee, i seriously hope Shan comes good. He has the makings of being that poster boy for Pakistan, good sensible person. Really needs to perform now. Really backing this guy.

Already gave my opinion on this test match, it's a flat deck. Good batting conditions, i knew it was going to be Yasir making the break through. Though we did drop some catches.

Good clean-up, got a good lead now. @anant_s , typical script by Misbah...Hopefully we can clean them up too on day 5.
Spotted Imran Khan and Wasim Akram watching the game...

Gee, i seriously hope Shan comes good. He has the makings of being that poster boy for Pakistan, good sensible person. Really needs to perform now. Really backing this guy.

Just returned from office.
Pakistan has a good lead now, hopefully they can set a total in excess of 350 (120 more needed from here).
After seeing Yasir's heroics, don't think poms will be able to chase down a target on 4rth and 5th day pitch.
Having said that with 5 down, this is last recognized batting pair and they should be patient. Moin Ali has taken 2 wickets and that tells how pitch is going to behave.
Pakistan must not let this golden opportunity of winning a test at Home of Cricket, go abegging.

Just returned from office.
Pakistan has a good lead now, hopefully they can set a total in excess of 350 (120 more needed from here).
After seeing Yasir's heroics, don't think poms will be able to chase down a target on 4rth and 5th day pitch.
Having said that with 5 down, this is last recognized batting pair and they should be patient. Moin Ali has taken 2 wickets and that tells how pitch is going to behave.
Pakistan must not let this golden opportunity of winning a test at Home of Cricket, go abegging.

Woakes has been brilliant. The Pakistani batsmen just couldnt play him. 300+ lead would be excellent now. A defendable score at least.

Woakes has been brilliant.
Watched his spell on first day and his line was excellent.
Lords ground has a slope and therefore swing bowlers need to pitch ball differently than say from Edgbaston. My one observation with Pakistan fast bowlers was that they were drifting on leg stump a bit too much giving free scoring opportunities. Hope they have learnt from that and make amends in second innings of english reply.

With 28 wickets in 3 days I dont think its a flat deck.:disagree:
One thing is for sure though that this test match is not gonna be a draw. 2 days are left and unless it rains which can happen in UK even on a bright summery day we will definitely have a result.
Yeah Pakistan has been sloppy in the field even captain Misbah missed a few shots towards him in cover. In not a high scoring match that should be avoided.

Last edited:
Watched his spell on first day and his line was excellent.
Lords ground has a slope and therefore swing bowlers need to pitch ball differently than say from Edgbaston. My one observation with Pakistan fast bowlers was that they were drifting on leg stump a bit too much giving free scoring opportunities. Hope they have learnt from that and make amends in second innings of english reply.

Ah that explains the lack of bounce. Was a bit perplexed why so many bowls which seemed to have been pitched at a bouncer length only reached the waist of the batsmen. Its been a good game though with some strong individual performances from both sides. Certainly a game the neutral can enjoy although I am obviously hoping that England perform terribly tomorrow haha.

Back
Top Bottom