What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

On the contrary Junaid lost his swing after he got injured and hasn't been able to get his place back in the team regardless of the chanses he has gotten. Even in Test Cricket, was really angling the ball, no swing. He should be given some time in Domestic Cricket. I think Ehsan Adil has really missed out, he would made the ball do wonders. Actually Rahat isn't too bad, especially in these condition. A very good seam bowler.
Junaid have been left out to dry and that is pretty much that. The talks of the "chances" and "domestic cricket" are what the management is doing to make us fans feel good. We know he is talented, give him a chance in conditions that suite him and decide then. He would have been way better then Rahat in any case. We have a profile a standard when it comes to fast bowlers@WAJsal and frankly, Rahat do not fits in there. He may be able to have a good spell or two some time but he can be placed up there with "Pakistani fast bowlers". He lacks the bite world expects from Pakistani fast bowlers.

Lets see what kind of attack the choose to go with in the first test. Amir will be the key upfront with Yasir Shah rising to the occasion. IN batting i hope for the best from the great Younis and Misbah. Azhar and Shafiq will need to improve on rotation of strike, 15 runs in 150 balls wont do here Mr. Shafiq!! SCORE!! (that worst part if that now all our batting try to score at same pace in ODIs as well :( ) Sarfaraz will be scoring from time to time and will do so with some flare that is required to pump up the team. Remember that when in England you need that motivation. It wont be like those long hectic days of UAE where you just grind it out. WILL HAVE TO PLAY.

I will keep my analysis restricted to the test matches, the one about ODI may hurt people :P

Junaid have been left out to dry and that is pretty much that. The talks of the "chances" and "domestic cricket" are what the management is doing to make us fans feel good. We know he is talented, give him a chance in conditions that suite him and decide then. He would have been way better then Rahat in any case. We have a profile a standard when it comes to fast bowlers@WAJsal and frankly, Rahat do not fits in there. He may be able to have a good spell or two some time but he can be placed up there with "Pakistani fast bowlers". He lacks the bite world expects from Pakistani fast bowlers.
Actually Rahat has performed in UAE against England and Australia and in dead tracks of Srilanka. In his case he deserves to be given more chances. It would be beyond unfair to just drop him. He doesn't lack the ingredients, he lacks the brains. I agree with your point.
I will keep my analysis restricted to the test matches, the one about ODI may hurt people :P
ODI will need some doing, would be very tough to beat the English side.

All the best to the team not gonna expect anything from our useless battsmens but i hope our bowlers like always aren't gonna disappoint us :)

I know. And to be honest very happy to see Amir not getting into other complications and focusing on Cricket.

Younis scored a 99, last day of first practice match. I think the day ended with 340 something on scoreboard. Anyway the point being we are not Srilanka... The batting attacks seems fine and it would be disappointing to not give the English a tough time.

On the contrary Junaid lost his swing after he got injured and hasn't been able to get his place back in the team regardless of the chanses he has gotten. Even in Test Cricket, was really angling the ball, no swing. He should be given some time in Domestic Cricket. I think Ehsan Adil has really missed out, he would made the ball do wonders. Actually Rahat isn't too bad, especially in these condition. A very good seam bowler.

A second string Somerset attack.

If the weather is dry then we have a chance and that will also bring Yasir Shah into the game.

If it stays cloudy throughout the series then we have no chance against Anderson and Broad.

Watch the highlights...Shafiq is a wall in making.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2016/engine/match/913635.html

Amir is coming back...:o:

@anant_s , watch the wickets...
It is a very very very tall wall i would say as it is taking SOOOOOOO much time in making :P

You know very well the need to rotate strike. Being a wall means having the patience not to attempt those lose shots, not that you wont even run a single when it is there. Shafiq and even Azhar to some extent are to be blamed to bring the game to a stand still, stagnation!! Never good for the game and especially now that is is effecting our ODI squad as well.

Amir will be a delight to watch hopefully :)

It is a very very very tall wall i would say as it is taking SOOOOOOO much time in making :P
Actually we have nurtured him well to take the mantle from Misbah and Younis.
Amir will be a delight to watch hopefully :)
Watch the wicket from the practice match going on...Rippers from Amir. This wicket is just too good.

Actually we have nurtured him well to take the mantle from Misbah and Younis.

Watch the wicket from the practice match going on...Rippers from Amir. This wicket is just too good.
love how the ripper rapped the batsmen

love how the ripper rapped the batsmen
Swing it baby, Yeah:yahoo:

Told you, its going to be one mouth watering series:smitten:
Sohail is bowling well too...

Tough times ahead for batsmen of both teams, Star sports has made a nice ad ahead of this series. And Sky Sports has created a good hype with Amir coming back. Why am i getting so excited for? lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom