What's new

Pakistan to build a Nuclear submarine

I agree, But I am talking about quality product. Hope you understand the term "Quality". I am talking bout being expert of something. Look like you didn't read my post carefully..

QUALITY PRODUCT elaborate a little bit like????

QUALITY PRODUCT elaborate a little bit like????

Like I quoted South Korea, they are well known for there high quality ship building, they make good military and non military ships. My suggestion was for Pakistan to concentrate in one field and be master of that.

Because india built one Nuclear submarine you also make it, is stupid idea. instead invest the same ammount to rectify/improve your missile technology. Make some newer missile which will have green color on it (instead of red color). One to one mapping with Indian armed forces will be fatal for your country.

@Quality, the thing come in red package is of cheap quality (This is what world believe). This is the definition of cheap. you are smart you will understand what I mean.

^^^^^
The Pakistani nuclear sub project is independent of what india is doing, we are not copying anyone.

Like I quoted South Korea, they are well known for there high quality ship building, they make good military and non military ships. My suggestion was for Pakistan to concentrate in one field and be master of that.

Because india built one Nuclear submarine you also make it, is stupid idea. instead invest the same ammount to rectify/improve your missile technology. Make some newer missile which will have green color on it (instead of red color). One to one mapping with Indian armed forces will be fatal for your country.

@Quality, the thing come in red package is of cheap quality (This is what world believe). This is the definition of cheap. you are smart you will understand what I mean.

Please Write (Burn) a little more , my BBQ is almost done ^_^

This was much necessary for PN after India launched one N-sub and received delivery of another from Russia.
Good Luck PN.

Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: ReportsFeb. 11, 2012 - 01:11PM By USMAN ANSARI

ISLAMABAD — Media reports on Feb. 11 state the Pakistan Navy intends to build nuclear-powered submarines as a matter of priority.

No sources were quoted in the reports, which indicated the first submarine would be operational in five to eight years.

When contacted by Defense News, a spokesman for the Pakistani Navy said he could not comment as to the veracity of the reports.

Mansoor Ahmed, a lecturer at Islamabad’s Quaid-e-Azam University who specializes in nonconventional weapons and missiles, believes the reports are the result of a calculated leak by the Navy, and that a message may be being sent to India.

“This news … appears to be some kind of signaling to the Indians seeing as they are taking delivery of a new nuclear-powered submarine from the Russians as well as their own Arihant Class SSBN,” he said.

“So Pakistan is signaling to the Indians that they are mindful of these developments and taking due measures in response.”

Ahmed said he has for some time believed Pakistan was working on a nuclear propulsion system for submarine applications and that Pakistan already has a functional submarine launched variant of the Babur cruise missile.

The Babur cruise missile is very similar to the U.S. BGM-109 Tomahawk, and perhaps derives at least some technology from Tomahawks which crashed in Pakistan during U.S. strikes on al-Qaida training camps in Afghanistan in 1998. It can be armed with conventional or nuclear warheads.

Ahmed believes Pakistan is now gearing up to build its own SSN/SSGN flotilla as a way of deterring India and maintaining the strategic balance in South Asia.

However, in the long term in order to fully ensure the credibility of its deterrent Ahmed said he believes Pakistan should build ballistic missile submarines.

Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: Reports | Defense News | defensenews.com

Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: ReportsFeb. 11, 2012 - 01:11PM By USMAN ANSARI

ISLAMABAD — Media reports on Feb. 11 state the Pakistan Navy intends to build nuclear-powered submarines as a matter of priority.

No sources were quoted in the reports, which indicated the first submarine would be operational in five to eight years.

When contacted by Defense News, a spokesman for the Pakistani Navy said he could not comment as to the veracity of the reports.

Mansoor Ahmed, a lecturer at Islamabad’s Quaid-e-Azam University who specializes in nonconventional weapons and missiles, believes the reports are the result of a calculated leak by the Navy, and that a message may be being sent to India.

“This news … appears to be some kind of signaling to the Indians seeing as they are taking delivery of a new nuclear-powered submarine from the Russians as well as their own Arihant Class SSBN,” he said.

“So Pakistan is signaling to the Indians that they are mindful of these developments and taking due measures in response.”

Ahmed said he has for some time believed Pakistan was working on a nuclear propulsion system for submarine applications and that Pakistan already has a functional submarine launched variant of the Babur cruise missile.

The Babur cruise missile is very similar to the U.S. BGM-109 Tomahawk, and perhaps derives at least some technology from Tomahawks which crashed in Pakistan during U.S. strikes on al-Qaida training camps in Afghanistan in 1998. It can be armed with conventional or nuclear warheads.

Ahmed believes Pakistan is now gearing up to build its own SSN/SSGN flotilla as a way of deterring India and maintaining the strategic balance in South Asia.

However, in the long term in order to fully ensure the credibility of its deterrent Ahmed said he believes Pakistan should build ballistic missile submarines.

Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: Reports | Defense News | defensenews.com
IS IT CONFIRMED? BECAUSE IT WAS DENIED day ago.

American nuke subs are of 9th generation.

Pakistan mostly might settle for 2nd or 3rd generation ones like India.

Indian Subs are quite advanced when even compared to many Chinese Subs.

Russia is known for making the Quiteist Subs.

Also Russian Technology and Parts are involved in Arihant.

We are not that behind, Just 2 Generations older than the Borei!

Russian subs has highest number of on board accidents. Plus they hide many more from press.

its amazing how pakistan is planning to build a nuke sub when any pakistani has never been inside a nuke sub. getting suke sub from china is not possible guys coz thats against int laws. kudos to pakistanis for atleast taking decision to build one. i am sure in 10-15 yrs pn will have one whether own or made by nuke prolifiration and smuggling materials

Well, China has achieved the Trident II level of SLBM launching from its boomer, moreover it has many decades of experience with both SSN/SSBN.

You have to achieve such feat first before bragging to be more advanced than our subs.

Well, China has achieved the Trident II level of SLBM launching from its boomer, moreover it has many decades of experience with both SSN/SSBN.

You have to achieve such feat first before bragging to be more advanced than our subs.

allright thanks for the information. we will make sure we work on it. anyways we have tested 2 slbm with k4 of range 3500 km. k5 is under development with intercontinental range.

allright thanks for the information. we will make sure we work on it. anyways we have tested 2 slbm with k4 of range 3500 km. k5 is under development with intercontinental range.

A 12000km ICBM and a 12000km SLBM are a huge difference, for instance we got the 12000km ICBM by 1980, while we got the 12000km SLBM by 2010.

It took us 30 years to convert the ICBM into a SLBM of same range. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom