What's new

Pakistan to acquire six submarines from China

Might be under consideration and awaiting final approval but earlier claims that this was Indian propaganda to justify their arms buildup stand negated to some extent.
Who were those claims by?

The possibility of purchasing Chinese submarines instead of the German or French ones has been talked about for over a year now, and has been mentioned several times by the Naval top brass. And for a couple of years before that there was all the talk about buying the German subs, also confirmed several times officially. Given all this talk and plans about Pakistan purchasing subs, why would anyone bother to make the argument that Pakistan buying subs from China was 'Indian propaganda to justify an Indian arms buildup'?

The Indian's have had multiple submarine, frigate and Aircraft Carrier projects under discussion and construction this entire time, so as far as an 'arms buildup' is concerned, India had embarked on it long before the plan to buy German subs was made public.

What about our arihant when they will come it will shift the balance again

Not really, diesel subs equipped with AIP are more silent than nuclear submarines. Arihant would have shifted the power in the region if both Pakistan and India were oceans apart, but since they are right next to each other, you really dont require that much endurance. Arihant is more geared towards making IN a blue water navy, it will help the IN project power far beyond its shores. Its also there to make sure the Chinese dont act naughty, the IN can show case to the Chinese that they do possess a second strike capability. So in my opinion, PN is making the right call by acquiring quiet diesel powered submarines and not wasting resources on expensive nuclear subs. If we have an economy that is worth $2 trillion, than we will also acquire aircraft carriers and nuclear subs.

Not really, diesel subs equipped with AIP are more silent than nuclear submarines. Arihant would have shifted the power in the region if both Pakistan and India were oceans apart, but since they are right next to each other, you really dont require that much endurance. Arihant is more geared towards making IN a blue water navy, it will help the IN project power far beyond its shores. Its also there to make sure the Chinese dont act naughty, the IN can show case to the Chinese that they do possess a second strike capability. So in my opinion, PN is making the right call by acquiring quiet diesel powered submarines and not wasting resources on expensive nuclear subs. If we have an economy that is worth $2 trillion, than we will also acquire aircraft carriers and nuclear subs.

Last time i checked the indian economy was worth 1.5 trillion. And all AIPs are not quieter than N subs. And this is very bad news for india. Our first scorpenes will roll out 2015. So until then we will only have 2-3 new subs. (arihant class and akulas)

Last time i checked the indian economy was worth 1.5 trillion. And all AIPs are not quieter than N subs. And this is very bad news for india. Our first scorpenes will roll out 2015. So until then we will only have 2-3 new subs. (arihant class and akulas)

SSKs are generally quieter in shallow areas while nuclear subs are quieter in deep sea.

However the yuan is a 3rd gen SSK with AIP and the Arihant is a 1st gen SSBN. Large differences in level of noise as SSBNs are the least stealthy types of subs not to mention that it is India's first.

Yuan is also only about 1000 tons displacement less than the Arihant.

Remember, uninvited guest Chinese Submarines pop-up in the middle of U.S Navy Exercise!

PLA%28N%29.jpg

Sweden AIP Gotland (old) submarine surprised US Aircraft Carrier, which unable to spot them.

:cheers:

Remember, uninvited guest Chinese Submarines pop-up in the middle of U.S Navy Exercise!

PLA%28N%29.jpg

Sweden AIP Gotland (old) submarine surprised US Aircraft Carrier, which unable to spot them.

:cheers:

lol that would have been a one heck of a surprise for uncle sam lol hahaha

lol that would have been a one heck of a surprise for uncle sam lol hahaha

It wasn't A would have been it has already happend & the americans didn't know to be either suprised or piss in there paints... hence, and i mean by my last words is > the element of suprise was so shocking so close to american shores.

Do they have any time frame?

JF-17 was started way before, so we could induct the planes when we wanted.

i don't want to wait another 8 years to see first Submarine.

Pakistan needs to enhance the submarine fleet to potect the economic zones of Pakistan and to be able to fight against carriers. I hope some of these subs will also be manufactured in the country. Great news for Pakistan Navy.

http://dc230.*******.com/img/jIpyO_xY/0.05559201101414757/1233928590_citizen_kane_clappi.gif

finally a good news for our navy!

SSKs are generally quieter in shallow areas while nuclear subs are quieter in deep sea.

However the yuan is a 3rd gen SSK with AIP and the Arihant is a 1st gen SSBN. Large differences in level of noise as SSBNs are the least stealthy types of subs not to mention that it is India's first.

We dont know the spec of arihant to comment what gen it is being highley classified

Thats true..This is India's first SSBN ..However many veterans have worked alongside us in this project ..So, definitely the finished product is much much better than what a first timer would do..

Back
Top Bottom