What's new

Pakistan to acquire six submarines from China

Sir any idea about the submarine would it be bigger than agostas, firepower, displacement etc...

Yeah, i believe so that the Chinese option would be bigger then the current Agostas, in tonnage as well as size also, and it may hold more fire power compared to the ones we have currently.

And hopefully, they would be getting the capability to launch the Babur cruise missiles too, thus to accommodate that and having torpedoes and AShMs and then cruise missiles, the ship's displacement and tonnage would be larger then Agostas.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Sir any idea about the submarine would it be bigger than agostas, firepower, displacement etc...

Yeah, i believe so that the Chinese option would be bigger then the current Agostas, in tonnage as well as size also, and it may hold more fire power compared to the ones we have currently.

And hopefully, they would be getting the capability to launch the Babur cruise missiles too, thus to accommodate that and having torpedoes and AShMs and then cruise missiles, the ship's displacement and tonnage would be larger then Agostas.

Why is there a need a develop a new type of submarine when the models are already in service with china like the yuan class?
Isn't it will be time consuming and more costly.

From what I understand, it won't be 100% new type but more of fine tuning and customization.

Well we can also incoporate weapons of our choice and indigenous systems to these boats!
Heck even use the experience gained frm building the agostas.

P.S=Originally PN wanted 7 subs... 3-chinese rest european..... now 6? Maybe lease a nuclear boat? we had heard talk abt tht didnt we?

but please cabinet also approves 1 billion $ for German u-214 submarines

i think it will be totally new submarine more capable than any submarine in chinese inventory and new desgin too

babur is surface to air missile and not for navy if i am right

There was a sub launched, as well as a naval version under development. With the naval version closer to induction than the sub one. Will try and get an update ASAP.

Well we can also incoporate weapons of our choice and indigenous systems to these boats!
Heck even use the experience gained frm building the agostas.

P.S=Originally PN wanted 7 subs... 3-chinese rest european..... now 6? Maybe lease a nuclear boat? we had heard talk abt tht didnt we?

You are right, there is serious talk going on of leasing an SSBN.

I guess this project should start as soon as possible...cuz the near future threats are imminent ..not from India specifically but from US...:woot::cheesy:...Cuz I am smelling near future war between US(& its allies) and Pakistan....and it is quite possible they use India as well in this game....:agree:

Awsome news... PN is well on its way this made my day lets just hope this goes through.

Hi, this is great news. The other factor one has to keep in mind is that China is the only country that will offer soft loans and grants for military purchases to Pakistan. Pakistan does not have the money to spend $1+B on German U-214 boats. In addition, the French competitor, the Marlin, is still on the drawing board. Also, given the financial position of Pakistan, no other country will really extend it the credit facilities. As such, this is the best option with the most reliable partner.

Back
Top Bottom