What's new

Pakistan threatens to cut US ties

Obama is a politician who will say anything to get more troops home before the elections. I tend to believe what the Military leaders are saying. which is that there is a connection.

But is that what the CIA and the Pentagon are saying? Are'nt they calling the shots here? Do we know any better? No offence.

They were asked to provide evidence by the Pakistan government, & they failed to provide any evidence linking the ISI to the Haqqani network. Period.

^ Hindustan times and US general can have their honeymoon.

Pakistan has learned its lesson. Its more dangerous to be America's friend than to be America's enemy.

India will also soon realize this.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

The fact is they were trained in Afghanistan. It is also a fact that after the 9/11 most of the terrorist attacks have been carried out by Pakistani nationals or who have Pakistani heritage around the world as was the case in Canada. Eighteen individual were nabbed before they could carry out their attack. All of them but one were with Pakistani heritage. It has not stopped either.

Taliban are Pashtun and Pakistan also has Pashtun. This doesnt mean that Taliban has Pakistan heritage. Theres also Pashtuns in Afghanistan. You dont know anything about the region, go back to watching Jersey Shore.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were asked to provide evidence by the Pakistan government, & they failed to provide any evidence linking the ISI to the Haqqani network. Period.

There seems to be a hesitation (even reluctance) now by (at least some) agencies to share information/intelligence with GoP (Army/ISI) Why so?
The answer seems to lie in Thomas' post #66. Give that some thought. No offence.

As if U.S. will ever win control of Afghanistan :rofl:

The only country that U.S. has support from in the region is India and that country is surrounded by all SOuth Asian countries and China. It doesn't even share a border with Afghanistan.

Who told you USA wants to take control of Afghanistan. What they are trying to do is train enough number of Afghanistan national and help them raise army and police forces so that they can take control of their nations business. This will help in kicking out the undesirable elements from other side of the border(The Talibans). USA has the support of Afghanistan as well. I know India has become spoiler for your Army's strategy to keep Afghanistan under its own thumb with the help of Taliban. I hope you cannot deny my assertion.

Having a common border is not the criteria for having friendly relationship. It is based on mutual respect and common strategy. What has sharing the border with Afghanistan to do with the topic?

Who told you USA wants to take control of Afghanistan. What they are trying to do is train enough number of Afghanistan national and help them raise army and police forces so that they can take control of their nations business. This will help in kicking out the undesirable elements from other side of the border(The Talibans). USA has the support of Afghanistan as well. I know India has become spoiler for your Army's strategy to keep Afghanistan under its own thumb with the help of Taliban. I hope you cannot deny my assertion.

Having a common border is not the criteria for having friendly relationship. It is based on mutual respect and common strategy. What has sharing the border with Afghanistan to do with the topic?

U.S. has the support of the puppet Karzai government (which U.S. placed) and U.S. has the control of the ANA (which U.S. and NATO created). U.S. can not speak for the entire nation of Afghanistan.

NATO/U.S. will soon be out of the region, and it will be good for your western countries as well, how many people in the U.S. still support war in Afghanistan? Only the brain-dead zombies in Kansas who listen to every word that comes from Washington. Even they are getting fed up with this war OF terror.

its not unusual for intelligence agencies to not want to reveal how it gathers intelligence.

Secret Pakistan : Double Cross part 2/6 - YouTube

I was expecting a bit more than a BBC documentary to be honest. This video mutilates facts to the extent where its difficult to differentiate between the truth and the lies. It was the US that funded these fighters, & made them what they are. Even Hillary Clinton has admitted that:

The Afghan people interviewed in this documentary are not any people of authority, & were most probably paid to make this documentary. Capt.Popeye, no offense, but you need more than a fake BBC documentary to implicate the ISI, it does not constitute as substantiative evidence that could be used to implicate anyone in a courtroom.

I was expecting a bit more than a BBC documentary to be honest. This video mutilates facts to the extent where its difficult to differentiate between the truth and the lies. It was the US that funded these fighters, & made them what they are. Even Hillary Clinton has admitted that:

The Afghan people interviewed in this documentary are not any people of authority, & were most probably paid to make this documentary. Capt.Popeye, no offense, but you need more than a fake BBC documentary to implicate the ISI, it does not constitute as substantiative evidence that could be used to implicate anyone in a courtroom.

No, nada, nyet. I did not (and will not) proffer any documentary, to substantiate my point. And whether the documentary is fake or not, only the main protagonists will know; not you or I.
All iI did was to allude to the fact that agencies (that does not include Obama) will only let out as much information as will not compromise their sources. And given the state of trust (or mistrust) that exists between agencies in USA and Pakistan, the rest is a no-brainer. As for that court-room bit that you brought up, it means nothing spy-agencies usually don't get taken to court by other governments. They just get dealt with by other means. For that matter, even Obama and Hilary will not be taking GoP (PA/ISI) to any court, will they? They will use their methods to manage that. No offence.

No, nada, nyet. I did not (and will not) proffer any documentary, to substantiate my point. And whether the documentary is fake or not, only the main protagonists will know; not you or I.
All iI did was to allude to the fact that agencies (that does not include Obama) will only let out as much information as will not compromise their sources. And given the state of trust (or mistrust) that exists between agencies in USA and Pakistan, the rest is a no-brainer. As for that court-room bit that you brought up, it means nothing spy-agencies usually don't get taken to court by other governments. They just get dealt with by other means. For that matter, even Obama and Hilary will not be taking GoP (PA/ISI) to any court, will they? They will use their methods to manage that. No offence.

Why do you think I'd be offended?

Actually, he makes a fair point, in that actual actions speak louder than words. Cutting diplomatic ties would be a disaster for both sides and thus unlikely to happen.

But it would still be better than a war

Pakistan is enhancing relations with Russia, China, and Iran. All these countries are in our region and all want U.S./NATO to get out of Asia.

U.S., Isreal, and India are not the entire world.
Neither you are reprensting whole Pakistan public opinion..You are dragging other issues in it..

not immediatly but with Pakistan supporting the Haqqani network it wouldn't take much to escalate.

Its makes all the more sense now to support Haqqani. What more escalation would there be, you killed 24 of our men, thats an act of war and logic dictates that we should reply in kind irrespective of what happens after that.

Back
Top Bottom