What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

lol why are Indians getting happy that it's only 1500 KM range? 1500km is more than enough to reach ALL of India...

Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile

The move comes less than a week after India test-launched a long-range missile
Pakistan has test fired a nuclear-capable ballistic missile, military officials say, less than a week after India also test-launched a long-range missile.

The military said the test of the Shaheen 1-A, an intermediate-range missile capable of reaching targets in India, was successful.

India and Pakistan have fought three wars since 1947.

They conduct regular missile tests and inform each other in advance.

Both countries carried out nuclear weapons tests in 1998.

Continue reading the main story
Analysis

M Ilyas Khan
BBC News, Islamabad
The Pakistani test is seen by many as a message that Islamabad is not behind in upgrading its weapons in terms of both range and delivery capacity.

The nuclear arms race in South Asia has been one of the most persistent in the world, and is known for such tit-for-tat tests.

The latest tests indicate that this race continues despite recent ground-breaking trade talks between India and Pakistan that promise to normalise relations between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.

India has been building its defences against China and has developed missiles that can threaten a vast region from eastern Europe to Australia.

Pakistan's missile programme, which is in the hands of the military, is more India-specific. It strives for a capability to threaten as many major Indian cities as possible.

Defence experts say that while the exact range of the Pakistani missile has not been revealed, it is capable of hitting targets up to 2,500 to 3,000km (1,550 to 1,850 miles) away - putting arch-rival India well within reach.

The Agni-V long-range intercontinental ballistic missile launched by India last week has a range of more than 5,000km (3,100 miles), potentially bringing targets in China within range.

Pakistan's last test was last month, when it launched the short-range nuclear-capable Abdali missile.

The missile tested on Wednesday landed in the sea, the military said. It is a version of the Shaheen-1 - with improvements in range and technical capabilities - and is able to carry nuclear and conventional warheads.

The military say that the missile - which successfully hit its target in the Indian Ocean - further consolidates and strengthens Pakistan's deterrence abilities.

Pakistan's missile arsenal includes short, medium and long range missiles, all named after Muslim conquerors.

Forget experts it's better to stick to 750-1000 unless told otherwise by officials, no need to debate based on rumors

Now this is logical reply.

Single stage rocket(shaheen 1 A) have these kind of ranges like 750 to 1000Km.

please tell me is it upgraded shaheen 1 or 2
The name which ISPR used is Shaheen 1A so autmatically means it is upgraded form of Shaheen 1A but still can't understand what is the point of hiding the range of the missile which Pakistan has never done before

Shaheen-1 is reputedly one of the fastest missile in it's class, the acceleration soon after launch proves this point.
Sir that is not the question the question is what is the bloody range of the missile ?

Shaheen-1 is reputedly one of the fastest missile in it's class, the acceleration soon after launch proves this point.

Yea I noticed it too . it seems to me very fast from the beginning.

Actually your repeated nonsensical comments prove that there is no wind in your sails. :)
The speed disclosure wasn't exactly made today but some years back. :rolleyes:
As for the range, we all only too well how the Indians on this very forum, were running around like headless Chicken even when Battlefield Buster NASR was tested. So no need to go on a tangent. :D
Now from my Personal Source I also getting to know that range is more than 4000 KM but still need official confirmation

Now from my Personal Source I also getting to know that range is more than 4000 KM but still need official confirmation
how old are you and who is your personal source, just don't try to fool your own country men. :hitwall:
this guy is a undisputed king of self embarasment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom