What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

Some say it a long range ballistic missile so it is at least 5500km range.
Others day it Medium range so it is up to 4500km
Some say it just an improvement over Shaheen 1 and the range is around 750 km

So no one's guess is better.

Do you ever heard of single stage missile having range like 4000 or 5000km ?

Even your shaheen 2 is two stage whose range is 2500Km.

The exact range of the missile was also not revealed, but retired General Talat Masood, a defence analyst, told AFP it would be able to hit targets up to 2500km to 3000km away - putting arch-rival India well within reach.

I think this must be a medium range.

Do you ever heard of single stage missile having range like 4000 or 5000km ?

Even your shaheen 2 is two stage whose range is 2500Km.

Do you know something more than anyone else in this forum about the Shaheen-1A ? be it a single, double or three stage ballistic missile is anyone's guess for the moment.

This is what I have said:

Some say it is a long range ballistic missile so it is at least 5500km range.
Others say it is Medium range so it is up to 4500km
Some say it is just an improvement over Shaheen 1 and the range is around 750 km

Mr. Zarvan is telling the truth ..The missile falls in the 5000km category.......checkout ure sattelite recordingz on ure remote sensor sattelites if U have any on the Indian Oceanz or get some help from USA, Israel etc...they might give U the real data of our Missile test.......:smokin:
If you dont have enough knowledge of missiles please ask military professionals in this forum whether there is any chance of a single stage missile being able to reach 4500 km range(remember your 2 staged shaheen 2 is of range 2500km).
By the way every major nations must have monitored the test and if it was indeed a 5000km range missile then it would only benifit them(especially us)to exaggerate and sensationalize the threat level(PAKISTAN TESTS THE MISSILE THAT CAN REACH EUROPE..!!!).There were no response from any nations so far.

Pakistan successfully test fires Hatf 4 Shaheen-I Alpha missile
By Mudasser Aziz - Apr 25th, 2012Islamabad: Pakistan on Wednesday successfully test-fired a medium-range ballistic missile Hatf-4 Shaheen-1 Alpha, the Inter Services Public Relation (ISPR) said.

The ISPR said that the Strategic Missile Group had launched the Shaheen-1 Alpha missile on Wednesday from an undisclosed location while its target was in sea.

“The scientists have improved the range and technical parameters of the missile while it is also capable of carrying nuclear warhead,” the ISPR said.

It may be recalled that the Shaheen-1 Ballistic Missile System, with a range of 700 kms, is an operationalised weapon system held by the ASFC and is routinely fired during training exercises by the troops of the ASFC.

The missile test was aimed at a target at sea. The ISPR said the new design implemented "improvements in range and technical parameters". General Khalid Kidwai, the director general of the Pakistan army's Strategic Plans Division, witnessed the test, saying "the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan's deterrence abilities", according to the ISPR statement.

President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani have also congratulated the scientists on successful launch of the missile.

Was this a Carrier Killer Missile?

I can't see no other reason why they would test it against Target at Sea unless its a Carrier killer.

Do you know something more than anyone else in this forum about the Shaheen-1A ? be it a single, double or three stage ballistic missile is anyone's guess for the moment.

It is single stage solid fuelled rocket.

See your self video posted on Dawn news site.

Was this a Carrier Killer Missile?

I can't see no other reason why they would test it against Target at Sea unless its a Carrier killer.

Hold your horses mate !

Do you any anti-ship missile developed ? then come to me with carrier killer missile.

India always test missile in the sea. By your logic India already has killer missiles from 90's.

NDTV Reporting:
Video Link
[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/230297[/video]

Again indian media reporters are stating its a "Long Range Missile", these people intentionally spread false info to confuse the audience. Very unprofessional!

The other logical possibility is that it is an ABM missile with a nuclear capable warhead.

It is single stage solid fuelled rocket.

See your self video posted on Dawn news site.

Hold your horses mate !

Do you any anti-ship missile developed ? then come to me with carrier killer missile.

India always test missile in the sea. By your logic India already has killer missiles from 90's.

Dude, relax your indian behind, i just asked a question! Pakistan has never tested BM's in the Sea before this test AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom