What's new

Pakistan Super League (PSL) Second Edition-News, Updates and Discussions

Which team will win this edition of PSL?

• Qalanders

• Kings

• Zalmi

• Galadiators

• United

Results are only viewable after voting.
NO SIR it is there right to take such a decision!!

We here in Pakistan close our schools and institutions when there is a threat, who can be expect them to come and play cricket? To be honest, it will be an act of kindness if some of them do come to play here. The situation might not be that bad but it is media that portrays the picture and we all know how it does that.

Plus you also need to ask yourself this, is it all worth the risk? Do you think that a PSL (PAKISTAN super league) final in Lahore will be enough to convince Australia or South Africa or England that every thing is good here and that they should come and play here, bringing back true international cricket? I dont think so!!! On other hand if anything goes wrong even slightly it will be BYE BYE for decades. It is just like that Zimbabwe tour. With Zimbabwe visiting Pakistan (with all due respect to the country and its people) it was never enough of a certificate to convince Australians or the English to come and play here as well. However a small blast OUTSIDE the ground irrelevant to the match was what made the headlines!

Most importantly, my point is that we are conducting an operation country wide, we are fighting terrorism since years and are hopefully at the last stage of uprooting this evil for good. A wait for two three more years wont hurt that much.

This is all a personal opinion and anyone may disagree!

@The Eagle @WAJsal @The Sandman @Moonlight @IceCold @django @Zibago
This is zidi bacha mentality there was nothing wrong in holding final in Dubai

Rs 500 and Rs 4000 both tickets finished. announced by banks.

Some people will pay any price to see the match in the stadium. Good luck to them. I prefer to watch the match in the comfort of my home with a nice cup of tea and snacks.

Terrorists have failed to stop Lahore. This is the biggest proof.

C50kyeuWYAUNVXr.jpg

Only pakistani awaam could make it success with their support and presence and i am sure they will

NO SIR it is there right to take such a decision!!

We here in Pakistan close our schools and institutions when there is a threat, who can be expect them to come and play cricket? To be honest, it will be an act of kindness if some of them do come to play here. The situation might not be that bad but it is media that portrays the picture and we all know how it does that.

Plus you also need to ask yourself this, is it all worth the risk? Do you think that a PSL (PAKISTAN super league) final in Lahore will be enough to convince Australia or South Africa or England that every thing is good here and that they should come and play here, bringing back true international cricket? I dont think so!!! On other hand if anything goes wrong even slightly it will be BYE BYE for decades. It is just like that Zimbabwe tour. With Zimbabwe visiting Pakistan (with all due respect to the country and its people) it was never enough of a certificate to convince Australians or the English to come and play here as well. However a small blast OUTSIDE the ground irrelevant to the match was what made the headlines!

Most importantly, my point is that we are conducting an operation country wide, we are fighting terrorism since years and are hopefully at the last stage of uprooting this evil for good. A wait for two three more years wont hurt that much.

This is all a personal opinion and anyone may disagree!
Well put. Something i would like to put is that this is exactly what IK said while people were criticising him. I am from Lahore and the plan that they have given is fezorpur road, gulberg, adjacent areas that also includes MM Alam they will be closed. I mean we are turning Lahore into a prison just to get the match, the media specially international wont portray that a match went well but how the city was under curfew and lock down to hold such a match. In the end is it worth it? Secondly PSL is Pakistani league it wont matter to the Australians or the English if it goes successful, they are still not coming. Neither would Srilanka or anybody else. Zimbabwe toured and maybe someday West indies if every thing goes smoothly. But God for bid if something bad does happen as India and Afghanistan would try their best to sabotage any sporting event in Pakistan specially cricket, we can effectively say goodbye to any sports happening ever inside Pakistan.

Every last of the PSL final tickets sold. Lol the sales closed. It is done deal and a slap in the face of terrorism. WOW

Only pakistani awaam could make it success with their support and presence and i am sure they will
InshAllah!!
I hope we will have a peaceful and entertaining game of cricket in Lahore. :)

my cousin bought 20 tikets he will black them now lol
He must be working in bank right?

Most of the bank employees bought tickers by the dozen and are are going to sell them in black market. :(
I myself and a group of friends also tried to buy some tickets for our self but were not able to get them. Now i have an offer from someone to buy them in black but we are not sure what tot do. Lets see! :)

Total tickets sold for PSL are worth 16 crore rupees.
This is huge. Excellent for the PCB and PSL.

The Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA) had also advised the players against travelling to Lahore.

PSL is in the midst of replacing foreign commentators — including Danny Morrison, Alan Wilkins and Mel Jones — who have backed out from covering the final, while Ian Bishop’s contract is coming to an end. Reports suggested that PCB is in talks with Waqar Younins, who is in the UAE, to take up the job of commentator.

The Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA) had also advised the players against travelling to Lahore.

PSL is in the midst of replacing foreign commentators — including Danny Morrison, Alan Wilkins and Mel Jones — who have backed out from covering the final, while Ian Bishop’s contract is coming to an end. Reports suggested that PCB is in talks with Waqar Younins, who is in the UAE, to take up the job of commentator.

- PSL broadcasting company pulls out of final in Lahore :no:

Yes a single day of 16 crore plus the advertisement earnings that will be generated from this and lot more.
Yup,
any idea what were we earning from the games in Sharja? what was the income from the matches help over there? A cost/profit comparision will be interesting. @Zibago ?

Back
Top Bottom