What's new

Pakistan should replace F-16 with F-35 ?

Pakistant need to replace F16 with F35 by 2020?

• YES

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 84 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan is not in a state or a standing for the F-35 to begin with. The F-16s will be refurbished and stretched out as long as possible. While the 3rd generation aircraft are replaced with JF-17s. Plz use common sense before making threads like this.

Pakistan does indeed have a space satellite launch pad

Above statement is akin to selling dentures to a duck.....

Pakistan has no launching pad. Period.

Last edited:
Not equipped for launching satellites. Period.

If there is some, let me know.

Has Pakistan launched any satellite before? NO!

I am now convinced that you are incapable of reading, as every bit of information is given in those articles. Ever heard of PAKSAT 1? I suggest you read those articles if you wish to continue arguing on that topic.

i dont think so pakistan need jets like stealth now we just need F 16 in 100 numbers and JF 17 above 250 and J 10 around 50 and we should have good air defence system and add variety in to it and they are very very effactive and low cost and easy to maintain we lack in SAM system if we can get S 300 or S 400 with Thaad Missile and buy one another Medium range Sam system along with radars which can track stealth fighters i dont think so even US F 22 will be coming near to 100 Meters of Pak Borders

THAAD or S300 are not replacement of F35 and after few years spare parts of F16 may not be available .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to remind everyone that having a good space program != having a good aeronautics industry. Once again I shall resort to the China example. China is one of the top space powers yet we are still struggling to make aircraft engines reliable. Good space capabilities are better indicators for good ballistic missiles capabilities.

THAAD or S300 are not replacement of F35 and after few years spare parts of F16 may not be available .

Careful there, as Countries other than Pakistan are still buying F-16s.
Israel's main air weapon is F-16. So is for Turkey. Pakistan is another customer. Plus the 3500 + f-16s USA has will be there until 2020 at least, so upgrades, weapons and spares for them must be provided for.

F-35 will take time to fully cover the US orders and those of UK.

Ever heard of PAKSAT 1? I suggest you read those articles if you wish to continue arguing on that topic.

Paksat-1 was originally known as Palapa. It was launched by Hughes Space and Communications Company for Indonesia. Later Indonesia declared the satellite unusable after an electric power anomaly
HGS-3 was then acquired by Pakistan from M/s Hughes Global Services on "Full Time Leasing " and relocated to Pakistan's reserved slot at 38 Degree

Pakistan doesn't have an active space program

This is just a really strange thread - China and Pakistan developed the JFT to replace 3rd gen acft in the PAF inventory and in the inventory of other Air Forces -- So why would they not develop platforms to replace the F16 somewhere along the line? What kinds of things will have changed to make such an endeavor unnecessary? Really, in the near future, it will become necessary to look past the F16 -- and it can't come soon enough for the likes of me.

Well, ought it be a US platform that PAF should replace the F16 with, hell no! as little from the US as possible and maybe in the future (just being polite) US and Pakistan might discuss (not procure) weapons systems/

Last edited:
This is just a really strange thread - China and Pakistan developed the JFT to replace 3rd gen acft in the PAF inventory and in the inventory of other Air Forces -- So why would they not develop platforms to replace the F16 somewhere along the line? What kinds of things will have changed to make such an endeavor unnecessary? Really, in the near future, it will become necessary to look past the F16 -- and it can't come soon enough for the likes of me.

Well, ought it be a US platform that PAF should replace the F16 with, hell no! as little from the US as possible and maybe in the future (just being polite) US and Pakistan might discuss (not procure) weapons systems/

JK 17 is good replacement of F7 but not F16.In future PAF need F16 replacement

Careful there, as Countries other than Pakistan are still buying F-16s.
Israel's main air weapon is F-16. So is for Turkey. Pakistan is another customer. Plus the 3500 + f-16s USA has will be there until 2020 at least, so upgrades, weapons and spares for them must be provided for.

F-35 will take time to fully cover the US orders and those of UK.

F16 is 4 gen fighter aircraft cant be camparable with fifth gen fighter.

That would be hilarious! Imagine, a JF 17 fighter pilot contacting command: I have located the designated target.
Command: Go ahead and arm the chicken.
Pilot: Arming the chicken...chicken is hot.
Command: You are weaons free.
Pilot: Chicken 3!
*Cuck-a-doo-doo-dooooo* *SPLAT*
Pilot: That's a positive on the target hit.
Command: Good job, return to base.
*cue top gun theme music*

BTW chicken can be a good weapon against jets...Remember..Bird strike..tut tut ;)

Mr. Yahya, you seem to be having a comprehension problem - it is not being asserted that the JFT was designed to replace the F16, what is being asserted that in the same manner as the JFT, a replacement for the F16 should be considered - as a joint venture between Pakistan and China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom