What's new

Pakistan Should Bomb Illegal Indian Dams

I was a strong proponent of this back when the Baglihar dam controversy started. India wasn't going to stop... India is unable to go to war with us, might as well extract some benefits.

The alternative is to die of thirst. So its a no choice situation.

Its pakistan that doesn't have the courage to face India head-on..and that's why pakistan has been sending terrorists into India for more than 30 years to fight their war against us

As regards building dams,we can build dams anywhere in India..we don't need pakistan's approval for that

As regards building dams,we can build dams anywhere in India..we don't need pakistan's approval for that

Wrong.....if a river flows through India and Pakistan.....both countries need to discuss and seek approval from each other prior to building the dam......

remember India -Pakistan Locking Horns in Baglihar dam.....but things got sorted only after India reduced the hight of the dam to world bank recommended hight.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...ith-india-over-baglihar-project_10079065.html

Wrong.....if a river flows through India and Pakistan.....both countries need to discuss and seek approval from each other prior to building the dam......

remember India -Pakistan Locking Horns in Baglihar dam.....but things got sorted only after India reduced the hight of the dam to world bank recommended hight.

Pak no longer at loggerheads with India over Baglihar project

Exactly!!! That was my point, The thing was sorted out back in 2007/08 . Whats the point to raise the voice now?

Exactly!!! That was my point, The thing was sorted out back in 2007/08 . Whats the point to raise the voice now?

Thats what both countries have been doing....and will continue to do...Water is a scares resource these days....and unfortunately ... both India and Pakistan have common rivers....... One builds dam on a river this hurts another's interest.....

162fcb5ab70e3d9f22cd255b865e50af.jpg

The latest news is about Pakistan claiming damages from India based upon claims that India has used more water to fill the dam ...that it was allowed to do according to Indus water treaty...

According to Pakistan...India has filled the Baghlihar dam in 10 days ....but the dam was to be filled in 50 to 60 days...

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...-compensation-for-baglihar-dam_100118322.html

I was a strong proponent of this back when the Baglihar dam controversy started. India wasn't going to stop... India is unable to go to war with us, might as well extract some benefits.

The alternative is to die of thirst. So its a no choice situation.

No nation knows India's ability and has felt the effects of going to war more closely than Pk. In the instant case, why should India go to war when peace is giving greater , longer lasting & permanent dividends without having to fire a shot in anger?

.... and if & when the need to go to war is felt, it should be done at a time & place of the attackers choosing. So far, the water issue has not been reason enough.

there are no illegal Indian dams last I checked. The Baglihar dam has been cleared by an international committee.
Why is Pak so insecure ?

there are no illegal Indian dams last I checked. The Baglihar dam has been cleared by an international committee.
Why is Pak so insecure ?

Because you guys filled up the dam at the cost of legitimate downstream flows, the thing we were afraid would happen once these dams became operational.

Ok, guys....seriously stop beasting the dam bush.
I believe if one wishes can point out much more stretigic targets rather than poor dams.

I'm more interested to read what's cooking in indian ranks?

Only, way to have limited skirmish is to first engage Pak army in some serious challenge on some other front than southwards!
How they engineer it?..... only two possible ways.... either with the help of iran or northern alliance / afghan national army invade Pakistan from north or west and later open some Kashmir front or some more stretegic front in south.
in first case it has to be large scale covert operation.
Here, we can discuss the engineering details and timing of such operation.

if some such aspirations or studies are done than it would be interesting how Pakistan handle... 2 if not 3 fronts at the same time.
More interesting part is to implement any such operation india has to make sure that Pak political leadership assure air transit for indian arms through Pakistan airspace.
They also had to make sure that Pakistani missiles remain under control and should not fire southwards.

IMO, Credit for any such hypothetical acheivement goes more to indian politicians which is congress rather than indian army.

We know that explosives had been smuggeled in to Pakistan in abudence during past two years but what are the possibilities of indian regulars presence in Pakistan?
If both of above has been in place already than it should not be difficult for indians to pull up some sort of riots in Peshawar at least! of course with due support of ANP and Mr.khappay.

I also wonder how far US support indian aspirations? would it be limited to hardware only or little more?

I'm more interested to read what's cooking in indian ranks?

Only, way to have limited skirmish is to first engage Pak army in some serious challenge on some other front than southwards!
How they engineer it?..... only two possible ways.... either with the help of iran or northern alliance / afghan national army invade Pakistan from north or west and later open some Kashmir front or some more stretegic front in south.
in first case it has to be large scale covert operation.
Here, we can discuss the engineering details and timing of such operation.

You seriously expect India to come to the aid of Iran or Northern Alliance? Anyway, first and foremost US will not allow PA to fight anyone but Pakistanis right now.

I also wonder how far US support indian aspirations? would it be limited to hardware only or little more?

Total complicity, yaar. I thought that was quite evident. Okay, let me give you an example of status of Indo-US relations today. India and Pakistan both became nuclear nations, immediately after which NSG was setup and both India and Paksitan were kept out of it. Both the nations were sanctioned. But today, though Pakistan is touted as the ally in WOT, the nuclear pact is done with India.

Another example: Indian PM was the guest to Obama's first state dinner. Generally, this honour was reserved for Britain, which is considered very close to US, but even Britain was sidelined to entertain India. You get the picture.

Last edited:
It's okay, we can take it.

You meant to say that civilian causality of your own countrymen is acceptable for Pakistan in case of the destruction of the Dams??You have to remember the causality will be double than the Indian side ..do you think it will be appreciated by the general public?? and also think about the Indian backlash also

Back
Top Bottom