What's new

Pakistan Seeks Thales Damocles Targeting Pod For JF-17 Aircraft

Most probably these are for a foreign customer like the JF-17B which has a French engine.
The JF-17 block changes are made ever 50th aircraft hence upon the overhauls the existing frames would also get the upgrades. Remember reading that the overhaul time for the JF-17 is lower than that of the F-16's hence it is more feasible to upgrade them earlier.
Even if for a foreign vendor access to it is an advantage in its own right, much much more so than the engine.
A

The PAF eventually will get the Chinese pod operation. They are enquiries the French pod just like how they troll the French and Indian regards to Thales RC400 avionics.

End up, all JF-17 equipped only with KJL-2 radar and no others. This event makes no difference. JF-17 will equipped with Chinese WMD-7 pod.

No doubt this will be the case. This is just an enquiry on Pakistan's part. We know the French are already in talks with India regarding the Rafale. The French hardware is overly expensive.

PAF will not buy Democles even if it becomes available. The chinese pod does not even closely perform to PAF expectations. The only remaining option for PAF is Aselsan, who are the likely contenders for the JF17 ATP. However, I am sure the Chinese will use all kinds of dirty tactics to derail PAF from getting any quality avionic for JF17.

with a population of 200 million we should have enough industry to meet most of our needs and also export..!

PAF will not buy Democles even if it becomes available. The chinese pod does not even closely perform to PAF expectations. The only remaining option for PAF is Aselsan, who are the likely contenders for the JF17 ATP. However, I am sure the Chinese will use all kinds of dirty tactics to derail PAF from getting any quality avionic for JF17.
ASELPOD looks quite promising.

Indeed, Turks know how to make good promotional videos. As their Litening RE comes to fruition, it may as well become a viable option for JF17.

The same way French are controlling your TEJAS program
What is Litening RE?

Could you elaborate on you claim, and back up with reference.

Indeed, Turks know how to make good promotional videos. As their Litening RE comes to fruition, it may as well become a viable option for JF17.

The same way French are controlling your TEJAS program

How French are controlling the Tejas program ??

The Avionics are Israeli, they even don't have MICA IR/RF, Litering -1 POD is Israeli, Mission computer is of HAL, Engine is American GE F404IN20, EW Suite is IDAS developed by DARE, MAWS, RWS, are Indian or BAE/Cassidian.

The Avionics are Israeli, they even don't have MICA IR/RF, Litering -1 POD is Israeli, Mission computer is of HAL, Engine is American GE F404IN20, EW Suite is IDAS developed by DARE, MAWS, RWS, are Indian or BAE/Cassidian.

The design was French oriented
And it is the premier product of India???????
YA Salaam Ya Zul jalal e wal Ikram.
A

Interesting!!!!! I dont doubt you as I see the reasons ie current Indian Interest in rafale and consequent French reluctance plus the high cost. But the original news was sources to Ashfaque Arain VCOA. Is this a misquote or are you suggesting that there is some thing else going on.
A

A

Interesting!!!!! I dont doubt you as I see the reasons ie current Indian Interest in rafale and consequent French reluctance plus the high cost. But the original news was sources to Ashfaque Arain VCOA. Is this a misquote or are you suggesting that there is some thing else going on.
A

AM Arain is DCAS Admin, his extension not yet announced but he might be the future VCAS. The news source is one of the bigger bluffs in recent times.

Are you sure the program is indigenous?

What is Litening RE?

Reverse Engineering.

Anything that is flying on F16, the current command will be willing to consider. JF17 would likely get Aselpod if PAF gets a good deal from the Turks.

AM Arain is DCAS Admin, his extension not yet announced but he might be the future VCAS. The news source is one of the bigger bluffs in recent times.

Reverse Engineering.

Anything that is flying on F16, the current command will be willing to consider. JF17 would likely get Aselpod if PAF gets a good deal from the Turks.
Would this apply to the other subsystems the Turks are developing for their F-16s? They have a photo-reconnaissance pod, SAR pod, EW pod, and even AESA radar under development.

A

How this design was French oriented ??

Two design was proposed by the foriegn OEMs , One was the Delta wing with cannard, and other one conventional
one and ADA chose niether of them. The Dassault helped ADA in the creating the preliminary design and project defination.

That's what the our defence leader's ADA/DRDO claims, if you deny them, back up your claim with facts.

Back
Top Bottom