What's new

Pakistan Scores Better Than India in Translating GDP Growth to Well-Being

Well if India was suppose to be our recognition of success then this is just pathetic. We need to bring our level to that of developed nations not India. If we want to stay dirt poor then we should keep comparing ourselves with indians,
well said.......

Anyways...
taking the trouble to bust your own inferiority complex but we are not interested in you except for some entertainment. Come i shall crown you guys the kings of the world. The best country rank in the world goes to you. Next few year u beat USA economy...:angel:

Pakistan has beaten every country in the world, why just India. Go figure out:rofl:

Why are we comparing ourselves to that shit nation? Let's just keep our heads down and keep prospering, that itself will be a thorn in the eyes of the enemies.

well said.......

Anyways...
taking the trouble to bust your own inferiority complex but we are not interested in you except for some entertainment. Come i shall crown you guys the kings of the world. The best country rank in the world goes to you. Next few year u beat USA economy...:angel:

Pakistan has beaten every country in the world, why just India. Go figure out:rofl:

First of all you need to learn in which context you can use word inferiority complex. You might want to open up dictionary once in while.

Secondly i never claimed that we will become super duper power like India so no need to get constipated. Pakistan has no desire to beat any country as we just want to ensure our own security. Our economy is recovering despite ill wishes of you ********.

for every keralite there are two bihari and upite.... and Indian average is bad compared to pak and bd... just because one state is doing well does not mean every state is..

Sir , GDP means Gross Domestic Product. To begin with India's GDP is 7.6 and Pakistan's 5.5 .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG

The index for well being is calculated on many things through sample survey .

formula for wellbeing
SWB = LS + FPA - FNA
wellbeingoverall.png

SWB = Subjective Wellbeing
LS = Life Satisfaction
FPA = Frequent Positive Affect
FNA = Frequent Negative Affect

One among them is Happiness Index in which Pak ranks above India.

The index considers six key categories to calculate this index.

- GDP per capita

- Healthy years of life expectancy

- Social support (as measured by having someone to count on in times of trouble)

- Trust (as measured by a perceived absence of corruption in government and business)

- Perceived freedom to make life decisions

- Generosity (as measured by recent donations)

You can see the irony . Anyway , the topic is on the basis of a blog and I don't want to sweat a lot on it .

Bro,

He said it in the campaign for Kerala Assembly elections and was aiming ruling Congress Party for some obvious reasons. My state is doing just fine as many other states in India.

I won't go further on this .

Have a nice day to all .

Look around and look urself . That should be the indicator of well being . India vs pak is ok , bit China ? And it's all depends on numers of total population ?

GDP vs Groth To Well Being ? In economics , how u sound it GTWB or simply GWB ?

PS: I'm not even going to the point of " Well Being " in a country vs in a town of my own .

I'm an Indian and I can provide various cities in my county to jump on any positive ( please note : positive ) thing according to global community . My state ( Kerala ) is enough to show the difference between beach sand and sky !

One more 'Malayali' here... great.. Compare Kerala to European countries or US.. Kerala is the biggest "Metro City" of the world.

The future of Pakistan needs every Pakistan brother's hard work.
Be confident about the future of Pakistan.

If you listen to Modi and his BJP henchmen, the GDP growth is the most important of all. They are even willing to fudge the numbers to show they are growing faster than China. Even the Indian Central Banker Rajan questioned the GDP figures and the exclusive focus on it by the Hindu Nationalists.

"... there is the problem of bad data. Rajan’s predecessor, Duvvuri Subbarao, blamed bad data for some of his bad decisions. So one can’t even be sure if Rajan has been behind the curve based on past CPI or WPI (Wholesale Price Index) or GDP trends. Till recently, the WPI has been in deflation territory, while CPI has always been positive. GDP has been buoyant, but many underlying indicators (the Index of Industrial Production, exports, etc) indicate the need for softer interest rates.

While the WPI has been abandoned as a guide for inflation targeting, there are now doubts about the new GDP series that uses the gross value added method for arriving at GDP estimates.

So Rajan is right to question the GDP obsession of politicians. The Modi government may want to claim an economic revival and use the latest GDP numbers (7.6 percent) to good effect, but the reality is that GDP growth does not matter even politically, unless other markers of “achche din” are also visible. These would be about jobs and real incomes"

http://swarajyamag.com/economy/raja...gh-gdp-is-less-useful-than-a-focus-on-reforms

Leaving aside for a moment your own views and attitudes, it is quite true that the urgent need for this new government to prove itself to the approximately half of the voters who voted for it governs its actions and thinking. Out of the 31% of the vote that they got, perhaps some 15% was from individuals who hoped for the revival of economic betterment, and for the easy access to the visible proofs and material indicators of success in life that were available before UPA II. Perhaps another 4% was an opportunist segment, that thought immediate short-term gains in political and economic influence over government decisions was worth the risk. It is clear that there are two parallel trends of thought and of action going on within the government: on the one hand, the desperate need to prove to its 'new' constituents that the economic upsurge that they voted for is happening, ignoring entirely the fact that these upsurges take time and positive, deliberate action policy steps to convert into individual prosperity; on the other hand, the 'old' constituents are running riot under the grossly mistaken impression that their day in the sun has come.

This is why the government has concentrated on quick and dirty indicators. It is not insignificant that they are already under severe pressure; they have lost Delhi, where the bureaucracy is fighting a rear-guard action to defame and incriminate the upstart AAP, and they have lost Bihar, leading to serious loss of face for the criminally implicated party president hand-picked by the prime minister. Their efforts at horse-trading blew up in their faces, when they turned out to be rather awful horse-traders, in both Uttarakhand and in Arunachal Pradesh; sadly, in those two states, legislators who were bought did not have the honour and uprightness, the moral backbone, to stay bought.

You may expect more of this, Haq Sahib, so prepare for a season of fun and good times as an analyst predicting India's momentary downfall, or serial failures. Whatever the fortunes of the country, 'achhe din' are here for you.

Congratulations.

It is good to know that you hold his views in such high regard.

Why are we comparing ourselves to that shit nation? Let's just keep our heads down and keep prospering, that itself will be a thorn in the eyes of the enemies.

Look who is talking...! Pakistan is still remain one of the most hated nations of the world. enjoy

yes and you are not because you didn't cage a pigeon and camel in the name of Pakistan?:lol:. Took it a step further and called the camel musharraf and saying he has come here to destroy India . I at times feel half your population is retarded .

The Hysteria around Pakistan - India rivalry is old and is more extreme from the Indian Side . Only If i had a nickle for everytime your media shows said '' Pak ki aik aur napaak sajish '' or the mass hysteria your media creates when there is an Indo- Pak Match by calling it a war and what not . We don't create such stupid hysteria neither are our people so retarded .

If Nothing else watch the amount of Shows your media does on us and compare it to the amount we do on you . Just click on zee TV , ABP news and the most retarted programme of all ( arnab goswami ) and you will find 50 % of the content on Pakistan .

And ofcourse we all know your obsession with ISI . The bug in your breakfast cereal is also blamed on ISI . :) . Pakistan phobia is ingrained in Your DNA and you will keep on thinking about it .

And now If there are comparisons with India , I wouldn't want those because Comparing yourself with a country who's unhygenic , most dirtiest or most polluted is just degrading yourself . I live in a clean nice place and would like to be compared with clean people and places . For the Pakistani's that do compare I feel sorry for them because all they have to do is visit Delhi and Mumbai and come back and see Islamabad and Lahore .

As for the obsession its both ways . It's the most bitter rivalry in history what else do you expect ? . The Obsession is more on your side . get over it .

How nice to hear from an objective observer who realises that he lives in a paradise on earth, and does not need to compare himself or his country to the dregs of the underdeveloped world. And how nice that he spends long paragraphs explaining exactly why and how he ignores these seeming competitors who are actually not even in the frame. Very instructive.

#India's GDP growth is not creating enough jobs. #Modi #AcheDin - The Hindu http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/article8533448.ece

India’s employment growth is beginning to show signs of a slowdown even as official data showed a pick up in GDP growth, according to a study by Care Ratings.

Jobs growth slowed to near-zero during 2014-15 in a sample of 1,072 companies. These companies created only 12,760 jobs in 2014-15. In the previous year, they had added 188,371 jobs.

Employment growth in the sample slowed to 0.3%, the slowest in four years, an analysis of the annual reports of the companies surveyed in the sample by the ratings agency showed.

The number of jobs in manufacturing sector companies in the sample, despite the government’s ‘Make In India’ push, declined. Employment growth in the manufacturing companies plunged to (-) 5.2% in 2014-15 from 3.2% in 2013-14.

Manufacturing accounted for more than 40 per cent of the jobs, the highest share in employment, followed by banking (23.0 per cent) and IT (18.4 per cent). “This means that the future of job creation would largely be dependent on the growth in this sector and the low growth in the last 3 years is a cause for concern,” according to the study. In the current financial year, 2015-16 too, growth in the sector has ranged around 3 per cent.

The study on trends in employment in the last four years is based on employment numbers provided by companies in their balance sheets. It does not include the impact of outsourcing. One reason the study gives for job creation not showing on the books of companies is the possibility of more jobs getting outsourced—in which case it would be accounted for elsewhere in the suppliers’ registers. Jobs that were performed by employees such as security, administrative functions and back office, are increasingly being outsourced in many companies.

However, the findings of the latest quarterly survey by the Labour Bureau in the Ministry of Labour and Employment do not support this argument.

The survey released last month shows a decline of 21,000 in contractual jobs during January-September 2015, against an increase of 1.20 lakh in the corresponding period of 2014.

I hope you will read this along with my post to you.

The flaw in the whole system is in the education and training parts, followed closely by the failure of the distributive mechanism. But that would need me to become a world-famous economist, pouring out his hatred of a country opposed to his own on every and any occasion, and that is a daunting task. For one, I lack the superior intellect; for another, I lack the embedded hatred and sense of failure that would inspire a sustained campaign of a similar nature. :D

Yeah Sure India is beating us in poverty , More pollution . dirtier cities , more slums , Less access to electricity , poorer sanitation and I can keep on with the list.

We can only continue to marvel at your great good luck and better fortune. How lucky you are!

Look who is talking...! Pakistan is still remain one of the most hated nations of the world. enjoy
Number one I didn't address you hence you don't need to quote me.
Number two let the hatred flow through you and every other person, it doesn't effect us in anyway what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom