What's new

ABP India Summit 2023: Javed Akhtar Saw "No Visible Poverty" in Lahore, Pakistan

@_NOBODY_

Since you brought up this statue. Doesnt the King look suspiciously like ModiGee? Many people are convinced that he is a reincarnation of the old man and will restore glory to Bharatvarsha.

Regards
HOW DARE YOU COMPARE MY GIGACHAD ANCESTOR WITH F**KING MODI!!!

1677853828190.jpeg

1677853911653.jpeg

Is India’s boom helping the poor?
What vehicle sales reveal about the country’s growth

In a land where labour is cheap, the man who drives the most luxury cars is not a billionaire. He is a parking attendant. On a meagre salary, he must park, double-park and triple-park cars in tight spaces, and then extricate them. In India, where car sales have increased by 16% since the start of the covid-19 pandemic—a trend partly driven by the growing popularity of hefty sports-utility vehicles—this tricky job is becoming even more difficult.

To many, India’s automobile boom symbolises the country’s superfast economic rise. On February 28th new figures revealed that India’s gdp grew by 4.4% year on year in the last quarter of 2022, down from 6.3% in the previous quarter. Despite the slowdown, the imf expects India to be the fastest-growing major economy in 2023, and to account for 15% of global growth. The governing Bharatiya Janata Party (bjp) believes the country is in the midst of Amrit Kaal, an auspicious period that will bring prosperity to all Indians.

Not everyone is convinced by the bjp’s boosterism. To sceptics, rising vehicle sales in fact demonstrate the unsavoury lopsidedness of India’s economic growth. Indeed, purchases of two-wheelers, such as scooters and motorcycles, have sputtered since covid hit, and are down by 15% since 2019. These are the vehicles of the masses: half of households own a two-wheeler; fewer than one in ten own a car.

Not many questions are more central to Indian politics than the wellbeing of the country’s everyman. The problem is that answering the question is fraught with difficulty. Official statistics are patchy. Ministers have not published a poverty estimate in more than a decade. Thus assessments and inferences must be made using other surveys and data sets, such as vehicle sales.

These suggest poverty reduction has stalled, and maybe even reversed. According to a survey of 44,000 households by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (cmie), a research outfit, only 6% of India’s poorest households—those bringing in less than 100,000 rupees ($1,200) a year—believe their families are better off than a year ago. The recovery from the pandemic, when harsh lockdowns whacked the economy, has been horribly slow.

The World Bank estimates shutdowns pushed 56m Indians into extreme poverty. Since then inflation has further eroded purchasing power: real wages in rural areas, where most of the poor live, have stagnated, and annual inflation jumped to 6.5% in January. Poor families, for whom food makes up 60% of household expenditure, have felt the strongest pinch. Rural food costs have risen by 28% since 2019; onion prices by an eye-watering 51%.

Labour-market data also bely India’s impressive headline growth figures. Take-up for a rural-employment programme, which guarantees low-wage work to participants, remains above pre-covid levels. cmie surveys suggest the unemployment rate is also higher, averaging more than 7% over the past two years. Many people have given up looking: labour-force participation rates have fallen since the pandemic.

There are plenty of problems with India’s economy, from poor primary education to an inability to grow its limited manufacturing sector. But these were present even as previous growth spurts lifted millions out of poverty. Recent pains are thus more likely to reflect the pandemic’s after-effects. Construction firms in cities, for example, complain of labour shortages, as many workers who headed to villages during lockdowns have not yet returned.

These may at last be starting to ease. The latest data releases suggest that rural wages may be picking up. Deposits in bank accounts set up for the poor are also rising. Even sales of two-wheelers are slowly creeping up. A lot more improvement will be needed, however, for claims of Amrit Kaal to ring true.

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE MY GIGACHAD ANCESTOR WITH F**KING MODI!!!

View attachment 918691

View attachment 918692
Don’t you Pakistani Punjabis claim turk and Arab ancestry ? I am yet to see a Pakistani Punjabi who has a Punjabi name and follows Punjabi religion.
I know Punjab was colonised by Arabs , Afghans , Turks and Persians but so was rest of India so why did only Punjab , Sindh and Kashmir accepted islam in Majority ? I have never been able to understand this
Apart from that there is no history of empires from Punjab and Sindh , Gupta and Maurya Empire from Bihar , Chola Empire from South India , Maratha Empire from Maharashtra but I haven’t heard of any empire from Punjab

Don’t you Pakistani Punjabis claim turk and Arab ancestry ? I am yet to see a Pakistani Punjabi who has a Punjabi name
and follows Punjabi religion.
wtf is that?- Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrian deities, ancestor worship, animism
I know Punjab was colonised by Arabs , Afghans , Turks and Persians but so was rest of India so why did only Punjab , Sindh and Kashmir accepted islam in Majority ?
deal with it and cope
I have never been able to understand this
Apart from that there is no history of empires from Punjab and Sindh , Gupta and Maurya Empire from Bihar , Chola Empire from South India , Maratha Empire from Maharashtra but I haven’t heard of any empire from Punjab
hindu-shahi-map-900-ad.jpg

Founder of this empire Ghazi Malik was a clan leader of South Punjab according to his own biography tughlaqnama
tughlaq-dynasty-1320-a-1-638.jpg

Sindh was almost always ruled by Sindhi clans or Sindhi speaking people for most of it's history- unlike Gagentics
Sindh_700ad.jpg

ancydeptri781.jpg

And was last to fall under the British control in 1843 and in 1870s started it's guerilla war, freedom struggle which continued until Sindh joined Pakistan- again unlike Gagentics

Map_of_the_Sayyid_Dynasty.png

Khokhars chiefs dynasty

Don't make me open my mouth on Gagentics, I want to be nice

Last edited:
Don’t you Pakistani Punjabis claim turk and Arab ancestry ? I am yet to see a Pakistani Punjabi who has a Punjabi name and follows Punjabi religion.
I know Punjab was colonised by Arabs , Afghans , Turks and Persians but so was rest of India so why did only Punjab , Sindh and Kashmir accepted islam in Majority ? I have never been able to understand this
What absolute rubbish! The retarded Pakistanis that do claim Turkic or Arab ancestry know f**k all about history. The only Turkic people in Pakistan are the Hazaras and as far as Arabs are concerned, there are very few actual Arabs in Pakistan. Tell me which European follows a European religion? Does following a non-European religion like Christianity make Europeans Arabs? These people accepted Islam because they liked it, simple as that. I can ask you the very same question. Why do the vast majority of Indians follow Hinduism, a religion that came from the Indus River Valley civilization, not modern-day India? Cultures evolve over time, there's no reason for a culture to remain the way it was once. The land that we now call Punjab gave birth to the Indus River Valley and Gandhara civilization. Way back in the day, Sindh used to be ruled by a Rajput dynasty called the Rai Dynasty and Punjab was ruled by the Sikh Empire not too long ago. I don't understand why you are even talking about empires. Why should each race have its own empire?

wtf is that?- Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrian deities, ancestor worship, animism

deal with it and cope

View attachment 918729
Founder of this Ghazi Malik empire was a clan leader of South Punjab
View attachment 918730
Sindh was almost always ruled by Sindhi clans or Sindhi speaking people for most of it's history- unlike Gagentics
View attachment 918731
View attachment 918732
And was last to fall under the British control in 1843 and in 1870s started it's guerilla war, freedom struggle which continued until Sindh joined Pakistan- again unlike Gagentics

View attachment 918733
Khokhars chiefs dynasty

Where do these people come from? What kind of history is being taught to them? These people have the audacity to call us out on changing our religion yet they follow the religion that came from our lands and our ancestors instead of following a religion that came from their own lands.

deal with it and cope

View attachment 918729
View attachment 918730
View attachment 918731
View attachment 918732

View attachment 918733
Khokhars chiefs dynasty

You cannot deny the fact that Punjab was conquered , humiliated and forced to accept islam by Arabs , Turks , Afghans and Persians tell me one empire from Punjab who ruled over Afghanistan , Arab , Iran or Turkey there is none

deal with it and cope

View attachment 918729
View attachment 918730
View attachment 918731
View attachment 918732

View attachment 918733
Khokhars chiefs dynasty

Tughalaq and Sayyid Dynasties were Punjabis ???
The Biggest Empire in History of India was the Maurya Empire of Magadh region (Present day Bihar) with Pataliputra (Present day Patna) as their capital
The circle on Indian national flag (Dharmachakra) and the very National Emblem of India (The Ashoka’s Pillar) represents Maurya Empire of Patna , Bihar
IMG_4802.png

IMG_4803.png

In the mutiny of 1857 Punjab regiment chickened out and sided with Britain that was the reason why 65% of the cadets in British army were from Punjab after 1857

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom