What's new

ABP India Summit 2023: Javed Akhtar Saw "No Visible Poverty" in Lahore, Pakistan

Either way, kind of wierd to have King Tut and Ramses as gate guardian in Lahore :)

TLP / TTP walon nein aaker aag naheen lagayee... haram haram
First of all these statues aren't being worshipped by anyone but a lot of dead saints are being worshipped in Pakistan. TLP loves idolatry, they constantly promote grave worshipping and make a lot of money from grave worshippers.

Unfortunately Seattle downtown is turning into same as well :(
Blue city sanctuary situation. Be “humane” and accommodating to a homeless situation that goes beyond just economics and this is what will happen

You can feel the money all around, just standing there. If you are interested in history, look up why it was named Wall Street. And if you want to do the touristy thing, take a photo with the Charging Bull, even rub its ballsack for good financial luck if you believe in that sort of thing.
What attracts me to Wall Street is its importance, history and power. Despite all its evil, Wall Street truly is a special place.

What attracts me to Wall Street is its importance, history and power. Despite all its evil, Wall Street truly is a special place.

What evil? Money is neither evil nor is it good. It is just a tool. How it is used in up to the user.

What evil? Money is neither evil nor is it good. It is just a tool. How it is used in up to the user.
You misunderstood me, I fully agree money is simply a tool, an amplifier that amplifies what a person can do. If money is wielded by a good person then he/she can do more good and vice versa. By evil, I was simply referring to corruption and scummy hedge funds.

You misunderstood me, I fully agree money is simply a tool, an amplifier that amplifies what a person can do. If money is wielded by a good person then he/she can do more good and vice versa. By evil, I was simply referring to corruption and scummy hedge funds.

Thank you for clarifying that. The Shkreli syndrome:

He is not completely wrong...Usually, I see travel vlogs from Pakistan and their cities such as Islamabad and Lahore and Karachi are quite good cities like our Indian cities...

First of all these statues aren't being worshipped by anyone but a lot of dead saints are being worshipped in Pakistan. TLP loves idolatry, they constantly promote grave worshipping and make a lot of money from grave worshippers.
Neither were the Banyan Buddhas but they were blown up. But I agree with you on the shirk that has permeated in our society.
My issue was why would you build replicas egyptian or french monuments if you have to build such things reflect your own history.

Pakistan will surprise you in many things. The average intake of meat is one of those things which must be one of the highest in the world yet nobody talks about it with respect to affordability

There's no damn place left in main city of Lahore for kind of slums which are shown in Mumbai/Delhi but there still are poverty stricken areas. It's not everyone have become rich but land mafia (with Fauji Incorporation leading it) have either swallowed most of poorer areas or have built walls around them. So, his opinion that he haven't seen visible poverty in Lahore isn't a lie.

Well Lahore's Walled City is probably considered one of poorer areas yet over the years we have seen a lot of improvement

pk-lahore-walled-city-restored-home-735x490.jpg

Revival-of-social-life-WCLA-Sustainable-Development-of-Walled-City-Lahore-Project-19.png

E44X0PzX0AA-ajK
img_20220512_053050-jpg.3989680

img_20220502_214320-jpg.4611729

WCLA-02.jpg

106044415_3363164137050944_8034350160730639459_n.jpg

Neither were the Banyan Buddhas but they were blown up. But I agree with you on the shirk that has permeated in our society.
My issue was why would you build replicas egyptian or french monuments if you have to build such things reflect your own history.
Ask that question to Malik Riaz, he loves copying famous monuments from around the world. I would love to see large replicas of the statues from Indus River Valley civilization like this:

1677819244848.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom