What's new

Pakistan Scores Better Than India in Translating GDP Growth to Well-Being

There is no "series of posts" to read, you just brandished the OP as an India basher and then went ahead and joined him in his spin doctoring ways.

You didn't even glance at the report in question, you went on a tangent ranting about Delhi and Bihar state elections and what not, essentially giving the OP more fodder(though irrelevant) for India bashing.

If you are convinced that only blind support counts as support, or does not count for pointing out the hollow nature of some of the claims made, there is nothing I can do to help you.

Congratulations to Riyas Haq and supporters for beating "India" in yet another parameter.......

If you are convinced that only blind support counts as support, or does not count for pointing out the hollow nature of some of the claims made, there is nothing I can do to help you.

Anyways, putting all this aside, help me understand this. If growth leads to wealth creation, how does a country return a lower "growth to well being coefficient", than "wealth to well being coefficient"? Does it mean the "growth to wealth creation" efficiency is different for different countries? Or in other words, growth leads to more wealth creation in India compared to say it does in Pakistan?

@RiazHaq

@nair except that it hasn't really beaten India at anything :lol:

upload_2016-8-1_11-32-10.png

upload_2016-8-1_11-33-55.png

@nair except that it hasn't really beaten India at anything

I thought of keeping away from this thread ( looking at the intend and the content) but then could not stop myself congratulating the OP and his supporters.......You agree or not, it is "An Achievement"!!!!!!!!

I thought of keeping away from this thread ( looking at the intend and the content) but then could not stop myself congratulating the OP and his supporters.......You agree or not, it is "An Achievement"!!!!!!!!

Not much. He is now pretty well known as a consistent anti-India propaganda agent. So everybody tends to discount his posts.

what nonsense and misleading news from unreliable sources...

If you see the HDI..Pakistan ranks 169 with net HDI at 0.538 increasing it by just 0.002 between 2015-16

India ranks 150 with net HDI at 0.609 increasing it by 0.005 between 2015-16..

I know India still lags miles behind many developed countries specially in europe in this area and we are trying best to bring all out of poverty....If you see the growth rate of India, its changing policies and increasing global importance achieved mainly due to its splendid growth and exceptional potential...the HDI is just going to improve and I see India well within the reach of HDI of developed countries by 2050 if not before!

Not much. He is now pretty well known as a consistent anti-India propaganda agent. So everybody tends to discount his posts.

You missed my sarcasm i guess...... look like I am not good at it..... more over it is against the forum policies, should stop it anyway.....

You missed my sarcasm i guess...... look like I am not good at it..... more over it is against the forum policies, should stop it anyway.....

No, no, I got it, I was just feeling grumpy.

Credit suisse report recently. 40-50 % of our economy is unreported. Credit suisse report puts it at $495 billion.
If Pakistan's actual economy is $500 B then unreported economy is roughly 65%. A portion of unreported economy is the economy based on illegal activites such as pirated dvds and smuggled set top boxes which can't be brought into mainstream economy. Also growth rate of gdp can vary both ways if unreported economy is brought into account depending upon the growth rate and size of the unreported economy itself.

I seriously doubt whether this means what the OP is hoping it means, that the Pakistani government is so efficiently converting growth into well being for its citizens.

It just means that Pakistan is mostly a remittance economy and remittances have a way of targeting poor people directly because it is the poor who go out to gulf and send money back to their families improving their lifestyle.

Funny how Indians and Pakistanis fight for who is the better one here. Both are third world countries with loads of poor people and similar third world problems. Always come close to each other when it comes to individual's living standards.

Now please post debt figures for India. Come on now, dont be shy.....

Funny how Indians and Pakistanis fight for who is the better one here. Both are third world countries with loads of poor people and similar third world problems. Always come close to each other when it comes to individual's living standards.

Now please post debt figures for India. Come on now, dont be shy.....
you dont get it do you....debt is not the issue....risk of default of loan is the issue...

you dont get it do you....debt is not the issue....risk of default of loan is the issue...

I don't see any risk of default. It might be wishful thinking of some. If we did fine in 2007-2014 period, we are not defaulting when everything has become better.

What the innocent you are speaking to didn't put into the equation is that the unreported income of India is several times that of the reported income and would dwarf the Indian official figures, the Pakistani official figures, and the Pakistani unofficial (unreported) figures all put together. Be considerate and accommodating; it is such a heady thing to be on an Internet forum and to make such dramatic points.

Seriously dude, calm down. You seem to be high on arrogance.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom