What's new

Pakistan Scores Better Than India in Translating GDP Growth to Well-Being

Who, me?

How old are you, by the way? :D Just asking. Don't reply if it embarrasses you.

As if my age has anything to do with the topic at hand.
India's unreported GDP will dwarf India's official GDP and Pakistan's Official GDP and Pakistan's unreported GDP.

Seriously, it is good to be proud of your country, but do not make a fool out of yourself.

As if my age has anything to do with the topic at hand.
India's unreported GDP will dwarf India's official GDP and Pakistan's Official GDP and Pakistan's unreported GDP.

Seriously, it is good to be proud of your country, but do not make a fool out of yourself.

Seriously, why don't you check out the figures for yourself? You might get a surprise.

The reason I asked your age was because of your impertinence in calling me dude. Keep that for people within 20 years of your own age.

Seriously, why don't you check out the figures for yourself? You might get a surprise.

The reason I asked your age was because of your impertinence in calling me dude. Keep that for people within 20 years of your own age.

This is an international forum, its not like dude has any special meaning here, dude.
Check out what figures, the official figures? or the unreported exaggerated ones? when you put unreported figures in reported figures, anything can happen.

This is an international forum, its not like dude has any special meaning here, dude.
Check out what figures, the official figures? or the unreported exaggerated ones? when you put unreported figures in reported figures, anything can happen.

I am afraid epithets have an application dependent on their acceptability, half-witted, cross-eyed clown. :D

The nature of the forum, as an international one, has all the more importance in governing the use of epithets, as only universally accepted ones, of an international level of acceptability, rather than a colloquial usage in one section of the user community, ought to be used. If you find something you have said to another member humorous or otherwise acceptable, it does not follow that the other member agrees, or that your use is justified by a common lexicon.

Just pointing out what the consequences can be if your thinking is to be the norm.

About the figures.

That is precisely the point I am making, that to put unreported figures, perhaps exaggerated, perhaps understated, in with the reported, could lead to wholly unpredictable results, but the likelihood of the direction of error is likely to be consistent; if the estimates of the unreported are exaggerated in one case, they are likely to be exaggerated in another, if the same criteria of judgement are used. So saying that the Pakistan figures for GDP should be considered as an aggregate of the reported and the unreported leads directly to the counter-contention that neighbouring countries' figures, cited for purposes of comparison, should be an aggregate of the reported and the estimated.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

I am afraid epithets have an application dependent on their acceptability, half-witted, cross-eyed clown. :D

The nature of the forum, as an international one, has all the more importance in governing the use of epithets, as only universally accepted ones, of an international level of acceptability, rather than a colloquial usage in one section of the user community, ought to be used. If you find something you have said to another member humorous or otherwise acceptable, it does not follow that the other member agrees, or that your use is justified by a common lexicon.

Just pointing out what the consequences can be if your thinking is to be the norm.

About the figures.

That is precisely the point I am making, that to put unreported figures, perhaps exaggerated, perhaps understated, in with the reported, could lead to wholly unpredictable results, but the likelihood of the direction of error is likely to be consistent; if the estimates of the unreported are exaggerated in one case, they are likely to be exaggerated in another, if the same criteria of judgement are used. So saying that the Pakistan figures for GDP should be considered as an aggregate of the reported and the unreported leads directly to the counter-contention that neighbouring countries' figures, cited for purposes of comparison, should be an aggregate of the reported and the estimated.

Uh HuH!

See, the problem here is that I don't see you challenging figures on Indian threads, Joey. No matter how ridiculous they are. It seems like you only get very passionate about this, when the thread opener is a Pakistani.

Fair enough, you are an Indian national. However, trying to present yourself as the beacon of rationality and non-bias looks awfully funny to the majority of the forumers here. :lol:

Uh HuH!

See, the problem here is that I don't see you challenging figures on Indian threads, Joey. No matter how ridiculous they are. It seems like you only get very passionate about this, when the thread opener is a Pakistani.

Fair enough, you are an Indian national. However, trying to present yourself as the beacon of rationality and non-bias looks awfully funny to the majority of the forumers here. :lol:

Which specific case did you have in mind? I would be more than happy to go blow up a few, if that gives you peace of mind, Razzie.

And compared to you and VS_doc, I am a model of rationality and unbiased outlook, am I not? Be fair now.

I find most OPs on so-called Indian threads ridiculous, Razzie. You must have got that by now. And I am a beacon of rationality and unbiased outlook (to modify your neologism) compared to the general crowd, wouldn't you agree? Including yourself in that? :D

My only issue of contention is your partial self-righteousness. At times you are the angel, and at times the devil. Why the facade of neutrality then? Just something that you may want to consider.

You do not have to put up a lot of jargon if you want to request me to not call you a dude, right dude? It is not as If I am insulting you.

About the figures.

What does his estimated figure have to do with India? 500bn is still smaller then India's reported GDP of some 2tn+.
Don't be so insecure on petty things.

My only issue of contention is your partial self-righteousness. At times you are the angel, and at times the devil. Why the facade of neutrality then? Just something that you may want to consider.

Oh, come on. Under the belt.

With regard to the honour of the Indian armed forces, and to the constitution of India, the rule of law in India, and adherents in India to the rule of law, my allegiance is absolute; I may allow informed and respectful criticism, and I may myself criticise specifics within, but there can be no compromise.

It is identical with regard to the honour of the Pakistan armed forces, and the territorial integrity of Pakistan proper (please note the very careful distinctions that I make). I may criticise, gently and lovingly, but not with harmful intent.

All the rest is fair game.

Tell me if you find my behaviour inconsistent with this, and I shall ban myself for a week. I put it to you to judge fairly, on your honour.

You do not have to put up a lot of jargon if you want to request me to not call you a dude, right dude? It is not as If I am insulting you.

I just made a plain, simple request not to call me a dude and you gave me a lecture. why don't you get it that you can use that with peers and people your contemporaries, not universally? I say this with a smile, and not a snarl, so don't get worked up. It was not an insult, just inappropriate, OK, dude?

What does his estimated figure have to do with India? 500bn is still smaller then India's reported GDP of some 2tn+.
Don't be so insecure on petty things.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

I'M MAKING A F***ING POINT. IT'S NOT LIFE OR DEATH.

I just made a plain, simple request not to call me a dude and you gave me a lecture. why don't you get it that you can use that with peers and people your contemporaries, not universally? I say this with a smile, and not a snarl, so don't get worked up. It was not an insult, just inappropriate, OK, dude?

You are asking me to change my communication style just for you, I am not gonna do that, dude.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

I'M MAKING A F***ING POINT. IT'S NOT LIFE OR DEATH.

Fair enough.

for every keralite there are two bihari and upite.... and Indian average is bad compared to pak and bd... just because one state is doing well does not mean every state is..
Right, it depends on what part of India (or Pakistan) you are comparing. For example, South India is doing better than Pakistan and Bangladesh by many metrics. North India is not. But if you compare Himachal Pradesh or Haryana to say interior Sindh, you can again end up with some favorable comparisons. It just depends on what you're looking at.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom