What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

It's tough to say since performance information re: submarines is generally kept under wraps. That said, we should assume Naval Group instituted various design improvements to the Scorpene, e.g., in acoustics. However, the gap -- if any -- on the electronics front is probably really close (it was the same argument the Indians were making with their upgraded Type 209s vs the PN Type 214 selection). For now, the A90Bs also have AIP while the Scorpenes do not, but that will obviously change.

IN Scorpenes don’t have AIP? Never knew this!

Looks like type 054a/p x4 and 2x danish ship will replace 5 British origin and single US origin ship in the pn inventory as they may cost more to operate and sustain ?? So 2021ish ??
Turkish x4 will expand the fleet

Not sure if pn plan on adding additional Chinese fac to replace all older versions as well

Indian made aip great news for pn :D
Id be vary of it as they are not building anything without help from abroad so it will only serve to enhance their industry that much more in the long term. Hence I was a lot happier with them inducting foreign fighters instead of the Tejas even if the former were more capable aircraft.

Looks like type 054a/p x4 and 2x danish ship will replace 5 British origin and single US origin ship in the pn inventory as they may cost more to operate and sustain ?? So 2021ish ??
Turkish x4 will expand the fleet

Not sure if pn plan on adding additional Chinese fac to replace all older versions as well

I think the MILGEM will be the replacement for the Amazons while the type 054s will the expansion, so I expect the Amazon will serve until MILGEM are inducted. I also anticipate additional Damens and Azmats.

I think the MILGEM will be the replacement for the Amazons while the type 054s will the expansion, so I expect the Amazon will serve until MILGEM are inducted. I also anticipate additional Damens and Azmats.
I think after induction of all key items pn will move to DDG either locally build or with China or turkey . Or may be have local design and build but Chinese and Turkish partnership. One or the other . PN would need an additional tanker and may be by end of next decade it needs a SSN or Ssgn . But for some time pn is done with any or all frigates or Corvettes

It's the other way around. The 054A/Ps are coming in sooner than the MILGEM-J, the latter is very much an expansionary play. Even the 'corvette' requirement was settled with Damen. So the MILGEMs are certainly out of place; they're a net-new capability.

Beautiful of type 054A

8SnN-heqpwqy6181364 (1).jpg

QJ2l-heqpwqy6181621.jpg

ljP4-heqpwqy6181720.jpg

The power of type 054A.

18514216.jpg
18514103.jpg
18514149.jpg
18514205.jpg
18514209.jpg
18514206.jpg
0d4ec1927a354a21a4f40b185c513a3a_th.jpeg

I think after induction of all key items pn will move to DDG either locally build or with China or turkey . Or may be have local design and build but Chinese and Turkish partnership. One or the other . PN would need an additional tanker and may be by end of next decade it needs a SSN or Ssgn . But for some time pn is done with any or all frigates or Corvettes
China can build 10 DDG + 3 LHD + 8 cruisers + 1 aircraft carrier in one year.

t01b3f608dfd66ee299.jpg

u=2119846332,1165520305&fm=15&gp=0.jpg

u=952144021,984272586&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

Sorry, I really don't understand... It takes 5 years to make 4 light frigates.

you can discuss Pakistan and Turkey alone. Let Turkey help Pakistan build DDG. There is no need to put Turkey and China in one place. this will make others feel that China and Turkey are at the same level. Only make DDG model.

Last edited:
China can build 10 DDG + 3 LHD + 8 cruisers + 1 aircraft carrier in one year.

View attachment 620371
View attachment 620372
View attachment 620373

Sorry, I really don't understand... It takes 5 years to make 4 light frigates.

you can discuss Pakistan and Turkey alone. Let Turkey help Pakistan build DDG. There is no need to put Turkey and China in one place. this will make others feel that China and Turkey are at the same level. Only make DDG model.
AlthoughI agreethat production wise China's capacity far exceeds that of Turkey, there arereadons for going down the route of Turkey.
We have brotherly relations with both countries and as can be seen there isgoing to be integration of LY80 MRSAMs on these frigates. PN wants a few things from this project.
A. Integration of Western technology sourced via Turkey which will be helpful in getting hold of matured Tech.
B. Initiation of in house design and build of various projects. I think, although, I could be totally wrong that this element may have been lacking for various reasons in the Chinese purchases. China has been reluctant and rightly so in sharing tech for critical technologies which the Turks are providing us.
C. Although costs are higher PN wants to establish Western standards in its Design and building architecture. It seems at least to a novice like me that the Chinese are in agreement with this policy as they continue to provide us key technologies which the Turks cannot provide due to end user agreements.
I think it is a win win situation as dispersion of Western methodologies of design and building will help both China and Pakistan in the long run. We have a long history of working together and learning from each other and I am sure this will go on.
A

AlthoughI agreethat production wise China's capacity far exceeds that of Turkey, there arereadons for going down the route of Turkey.
We have brotherly relations with both countries and as can be seen there isgoing to be integration of LY80 MRSAMs on these frigates. PN wants a few things from this project.
A. Integration of Western technology sourced via Turkey which will be helpful in getting hold of matured Tech.
B. Initiation of in house design and build of various projects. I think, although, I could be totally wrong that this element may have been lacking for various reasons in the Chinese purchases. China has been reluctant and rightly so in sharing tech for critical technologies which the Turks are providing us.
C. Although costs are higher PN wants to establish Western standards in its Design and building architecture. It seems at least to a novice like me that the Chinese are in agreement with this policy as they continue to provide us key technologies which the Turks cannot provide due to end user agreements.
I think it is a win win situation as dispersion of Western methodologies of design and building will help both China and Pakistan in the long run. We have a long history of working together and learning from each other and I am sure this will go on.
A
good. please let Turkey share its DDG technology (or so-called "western technology") to you.

As for China, we are very busy. No extra time... ok. I am willing to share all the technology of type 052D with you. Tell me-how long can you complete a 052D?

What is your industrial integration capability?
What is your forging technology(Basic industry)?
What is your material technology(Basic industry)?
Can you produce warship steel?
OK,Without talking about warship steel, how is your metallurgical technology(Basic industry)?
Please refer to it. You even need 5 years to make 4 light frigates!

I will give you all 052D technology. How long can you complete one?

we are very busy......

Last edited:
The respected consultant has replied you thoroughly, further yes China has capacity to manufacture in short span but for internal use, as already China navy has own expansion plans and they shall not sacrifice their own objectives just to accommodate PN. Further Turkish option shall certainly open doors for PN to manufacture heavy destroyers in medium term in house. The cost shall be much lower and specifications as per PN requirements. Off course gadgets shall be acquired both from Chinese and Turkish contractors.

The respected consultant has replied you thoroughly, further yes China has capacity to manufacture in short span but for internal use, as already China navy has own expansion plans and they shall not sacrifice their own objectives just to accommodate PN. Further Turkish option shall certainly open doors for PN to manufacture heavy destroyers in medium term in house. The cost shall be much lower and specifications as per PN requirements. Off course gadgets shall be acquired both from Chinese and Turkish contractors.
I will give you all 052D technology. How long can you complete one?

Please refer to it. you even need 5 years to make 4 light frigates!

Give you a reference again.

Indian Kolkata class destroyers: Integrated world advanced technology. India needs 20 years to assemble it.

Now, you guys tell me. Turkey has DDG technology, and Turkey intend to share this technology to Pakistan? ? ?

u=2744650868,2154012061&fm=26&gp=0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom