What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Talking about history? OK, I like history very much. I can discuss Friedrich and Napoleon with you. I also know enough about Chinese history. Qin, Han, Sui, and Tang were the most powerful countries in the world at the time, and Song was the richest country at the time. Ming has the most powerful navy in the 14th century. It seems that you think you know China 80 - 90s well. But do you know what China was doing in the 50 - 70s?

The basic industry you ignore. From the 50s to the 70s. China has been doing it for 30 years! Including metallurgy, forging, materials, chemicals... then military industry and cars(50s), computer (1958),machinery, machine tools, shipbuilding, carrier rocket,atomic bombs(1964), hydrogen bombs(1969), China's first satellite(1970). China's first generation nuclear submarine(1971). JL-1 submarine-launched ballistic missile (1972), DF-5 intercontinental ballistic missile (1974). and in 1975, China became the third country in the world to master satellite return technology!

@araz we are brothers. so I tell you this. If you want better development. you cannot ignore the basic industry. and it's not a mistake to like history. but don't use it as an excuse for your backward. compared to discussing China in 80s. you should think more seriously. what should be done to better develop your country.

Hi,

One thing about Pak military is that it does not procure weapons too far ahead of what it has now---. They believe in a stair step progression so that the foundation---the basic building blocks of the force get familiar from the bottom up---.

That way system and weapons integration of the weapons systems gets easier to operate and integrate and train the operators---.

Just like from the F22P's we are moving onto the 054's---then the next step would be either more upgraded 054's or the 052's as the geographic and tactical need be in the arena---.

Pakistan was honored last year after feb 27th skirmish when Prime minister Imran Khan met Pres Xi---and the Pres asked---" let us know what you want from us---". I think that one sentence clearly stated the chinese intentions---nothing more can be said.

And after COVID 19 is over---the bond is going to further strengthen---.

Chinese Productivity is Top Level today

• I wished Pakistan could have matched that level , as 80% of it is planning and man power alone

If it was me , I would have revived Steele Mills first and then gave the steel order for the frigates immediately after, to manufacture components for the Ship

• Mandate all , Steel for 4 Frigates , 4 Corvettes and 8 Submarine was created in Pakistan Steeles Mill
  • Steel Fence for the Afghanistan/Pakistan border fence and Pakistan Iran-Fence
  • All Steel for Gwadar came from Pakistan Steeles Mills - Government Owned

Production Speed for Azmat and Al Khalid Tank has been a bit slow from international standards

State of Pakistan should have been generating 5000% profit on steel while Gawadar is being constructed and Dams are being constructed with massive amount of cement/steel usage

Last edited:

• I wished Pakistan could have matched that level , as 80% of it is planning and man power alone

If it was me , I would have revived Steele Mills first and then gave the steel order for the frigates immediately after, to manufacture components for the Ship

• Mandate all , Steel for 4 Frigates , 4 Corvettes and 8 Submarine was created in Pakistan Steeles Mill

Production Speed for Azmat and Al Khalid Tank has been a bit slow from international standards

State of Pakistan should have been generating 5000% profit on steel while Gawadar is being constructed and Dams are being constructed with massive amount of cement/steel usage

Hi,

The procurement of a weapons system has nothing to do with developing your industry per say---.

The need of a weapons system and the need to have an industry are two different ventures---.

Now if you have a running industry---you can utilize its resources to be the supply chain in building the weapon---.

Hi,

One thing about Pak military is that it does not procure weapons too far ahead of what it has now---. They believe in a stair step progression so that the foundation---the basic building blocks of the force get familiar from the bottom up---.

That way system and weapons integration of the weapons systems gets easier to operate and integrate and train the operators---.

Just like from the F22P's we are moving onto the 054's---then the next step would be either more upgraded 054's or the 052's as the geographic and tactical need be in the arena---.

Pakistan was honored last year after feb 27th skirmish when Prime minister Imran Khan met Pres Xi---and the Pres asked---" let us know what you want from us---". I think that one sentence clearly stated the chinese intentions---nothing more can be said.

And after COVID 19 is over---the bond is going to further strengthen---.
Sir do you think we need Destroyers with Long Range SAMs to counter Brahmos?

RIGHT!!!!!Steel for ships coming out Pakistan Steel Mills!!! You know this is why no one takes you seriously.
I am out of here!!!

Hi,

In what sense---please give a little more detail.
Means we need Ships which can detect AShMs farther away. Brahmos is Supersonic therefore it needs to be intercepted as far away as possible from the plateforms. Once the SAM of LY80 fails to intercept then maybe we won't be having the another chance to launch another SAM therefore I believe that Long Range SAMs should be there. Also they would keep MPAs and AWACs away from the plateforms as far as possible and you know how MPAs and AWACs are lethal especially if they can guide AShMs. I would want Ships with Just Long Range SAMs. They woud be giving cover to other Ship plateforms having Anti Ship Warfare, Anti Submarine Warfare and EW/ECM Capabilities.

Means we need Ships which can detect AShMs farther away. Brahmos is Supersonic therefore it needs to be intercepted as far away as possible from the plateforms. Once the SAM of LY80 fails to intercept then maybe we won't be having the another chance to launch another SAM therefore I believe that Long Range SAMs should be there. Also they would keep MPAs and AWACs away from the plateforms as far as possible and you know how MPAs and AWACs are lethal especially if they can guide AShMs. I would want Ships with Just Long Range SAMs. They woud be giving cover to other Ship plateforms having Anti Ship Warfare, Anti Submarine Warfare and EW/ECM Capabilities.

Assuming we are able to detect it at maximum range and get a launch, that gives us around 1 minute and 10 seconds, as we know, missiles arent launched alone, instead in multiples, so even if we do miss, we wont need to wait for another launch, there will be another missile on its way. The BrahMos has to fly high to hit its top speed so we have actually reasonable amount of time to counter it efficiently because we would pick it up sooner compared to a traditional sea skimming AShM, we arent really able to employ longer ranged SAM's due to size limitations of our ships. The LY80 is actually pretty reasonable for our needs, we have a pretty short coastline and are building a pretty good seaborne SAM network by inducting 4 AAW frigates and 4 AAW capable multi mission corvettes. I dont see us inducting long ranged SAM's on our ships any time in the future but instead see us focusing on a large fleet of capable surface combatants, potentially based off of the Jinnah Class frigates since we have full licensing and ToT for them to build a potent fleet.

Assuming we are able to detect it at maximum range and get a launch, that gives us around 1 minute and 10 seconds, as we know, missiles arent launched alone, instead in multiples, so even if we do miss, we wont need to wait for another launch, there will be another missile on its way. The BrahMos has to fly high to hit its top speed so we have actually reasonable amount of time to counter it efficiently because we would pick it up sooner compared to a traditional sea skimming AShM, we arent really able to employ longer ranged SAM's due to size limitations of our ships. The LY80 is actually pretty reasonable for our needs, we have a pretty short coastline and are building a pretty good seaborne SAM network by inducting 4 AAW frigates and 4 AAW capable multi mission corvettes. I dont see us inducting long ranged SAM's on our ships any time in the future but instead see us focusing on a large fleet of capable surface combatants, potentially based off of the Jinnah Class frigates since we have full licensing and ToT for them to build a potent fleet.
I have heard Brahmos is sea skimming and does S Maneuver?

I have heard Brahmos is sea skimming and does S Maneuver?

I cant find anything reliable enough, but if it is the case that it is sea skimming, we should be focusing on more agile, short range point defense, something similar to the RIM-116 or its Chinese analogue the FL3000N, however the best defense would be offense, neutralizing the launch platforms, something like investing in more MPA's and longer ranged AShM's (something the PN is already doing) to enable our ships to strike first and get out.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom