What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

So in that case we should Increase range of our CM rather relying on China That @CriticalThought referring to and you want that China will gives us ship launch long range CM in your wishful thinking @Zarvan China is signatory of MCTR @Zarvan
Yes Babur range has to be extended to 1500 KM at least and also like I said Destroyers are needed. To keep India at Bay. Basically until India knows it would be tit for tat it won't stop. The biggest attack from India will be not from Land or Air it would be sea.

SSBN can be bought from China. That is not the worry China will sell us any ship we want but they would not bring their own guys and their own ships to fight along with us against India. To build a 360 degree attack we need massive fire power through ships which we lack. Until we fill that gap sorry but current size of our Navy will not even manage to defend our sea for two days.
give a single example that SSBN was buys by third world country by US/ RUSSIA/ China and don't tell me Indian case its not buying its LEASING and Its a SSN not SSBN and don't expect that China share it strategic to Pakistan @Zarvan

Yes Babur range has to be extended to 1500 KM at least and also like I said Destroyers are needed. To keep India at Bay. Basically until India knows it would be tit for tat it won't stop. The biggest attack from India will be not from Land or Air it would be sea.
but you're not getting my point, don't expect that China will sell Pakistan a long range CM with 52D like CJ-10, HN- series of CM, we should develop long range CM by ourself @Zarvan

give a single example that SSBN was buys by third world country by US/ RUSSIA/ China and don't tell me Indian case its not buying its LEASING and Its a SSN not SSBN and don't expect that China share it strategic to Pakistan @Zarvan
Yes India is leasing good joke. India is leasing those ships for the span which has total service. And China will sell us Nuclear Submarines if we want. Dude China is not Europe or USA. China has some really great habits. China even sold Ballistic Missiles of 4000 KM range to KSA. According to international law you can't even sell that to any country. Which ever country gets banned by UN from getting weapons after some time picture comes from that country using latest Chinese weapons.

but you're not getting my point, don't expect that China will sell Pakistan a long range CM with 52D like CJ-10, HN- series of CM, we should develop long range CM by ourself @Zarvan
We can develop our self but I can also assure you if we ask China it would sell us. China has even sold 4000 KM range Ballistic Missiles to countries Janab. China is more than willing to sell and yes we should develop our Missiles also

Yes India is leasing good joke. India is leasing those ships for the span which has total service. And China will sell us Nuclear Submarines if we want. Dude China is not Europe or USA. China has some really great habits. China even sold Ballistic Missiles of 4000 KM range to KSA. According to international law you can't even sell that to any country. Which ever country gets banned by UN from getting weapons after some time picture comes from that country using latest Chinese weapons.

We can develop our self but I can also assure you if we ask China it would sell us. China has even sold 4000 KM range Ballistic Missiles to countries Janab. China is more than willing to sell and yes we should develop our Missiles also
Tell me how @Zarvan :devil: and DF-21 has range of 2500 KM not 4000 Km don extrapolating thing @Zarvan

Tell me how @Zarvan :devil: and DF-21 has range of 2500 KM not 4000 Km don extrapolating thing @Zarvan
Not DF-21 the Missile they got in 80s one had range of 4000 KM and one had range of 500. The DF-21 is latest one. And even DF-21 is with the range which intentional law doesn't allow

BM is a different things SSBN/CM is different thing, go lives in your wishful thinking and fantasy world @Zarvan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DF-3A

BM is a different things SSBN/CM is different thing, go lives in your wishful thinking and fantasy world @Zarvan
No they are not. They are already on the offer Janab. And China and Pakistan are already working on few things. I am amused at people like you. First you were saying same about Missiles got badly busted. You challenged me on that news which I was telling and now other members have confirmed Pakistan and China have reached the deal for L-15 for How many times you plan to get busted by me. China has offered us everything Janab. Lot of things are being discussed. Lot of things are one the offer. China has no problem at all in selling us Nuclear Submarines

Update yourself DF-21 has a range of 2100-2500 km, DF-21D has a range of 2700-3000 km Whereas DF-26 has a range of 4000 Km @Zarvan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DF-26
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DF-21
@Zarvan :p::enjoy:
Are you in your senses. Saudi Arabia bought DF-3A in 80s which has range of 4000 to 5000 KM. DF-21 and DF-26 are new Missiles which were bought by china in 2003 and 2004. For love of GOD keep your eyes open when are reading my replies and also when you do research

And shows us your source/prove, just like your predictions about Su-35 and EF-2000 that they are confirmed and coming to PAF @Zarvan not by me but other senior members here on PDF @Zarvan :lol::rofl::enjoy:
Pakistan in talks with Russia for procurement of sophisticated arms, says defence minister

1679752-airdefense-1523080436-844-640x480.jpg

PHOTO COURTESY: SPUTNIK

Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan has said that Pakistan is in direct talks with the Russian Federation for the procurement of sophisticated military hardware, including air defence systems, fighter jets and battle tanks, reported Sputnik.

The minister confirmed that Islamabad was interested in buying weapons from Moscow in an interview to the Russian news agency on Thursday, in which he also talked about increased cooperation with Kremlin which mirrors Pakistan’s wider geo-strategic concerns.

“Air defence system is a different kind of weapon we are interested. We are very much interested in a very wide range of the Russian weapons technology. We are in negotiations [on air defence systems] and once we conclude negotiations, we will be able to announce them,” Khan told the Russian publication.

The defence minister also outlined that Islamabad was interested in acquiring T-90 tanks from Moscow as part of a long-term deal rather than committing itself to a single purchase.

“We are interested in tanks T-90 and it is not going to be a one-time purchase but it is going to be a long-term commitment,” Khan stated.

He added that negotiations for the purchase of Russian Su-35 fighter jets are in their early stages, and an agreement in this regard may be reached “in the next few years”, according to the Russian website.

As US influence wanes, Russia embraces Pakistan with energy deals, military partnership

Regional cooperation

Talking about security issues in South and Central Asia, the defence minister noted that both Pakistan and Russia were interested in a stable and democratic Afghanistan.

“We respect Afghanistan’s sovereignty. Stability in Afghanistan is important for Pakistan to be able to develop its own prosperous future, to access to the Russian market, for example, by land route. Democratic and stable Afghanistan is in the deep the interest of both Russia and Pakistan,” the minister stated.

He also lauded recent efforts by the Kremlin, which aim to bring stability to Afghanistan, highlighting the need for other global powers to devise a similar plan to defeat terrorism all over the world.

Japan, S Korea can buy more sophisticated US military equipment: Trump

“We are supporting the Russian regional approach to Afghanistan and we hope that not only Russia but also China, Iran and of course the United States can sit together at the table and devise a way in which we can achieve internal peace and reconciliation in Afghanistan,” Khan was quoted as saying by Sputnik.

The defence minister added that a new approach to solve the issues in Afghanistan by senior government leaders in Kabul was a positive step, which showed that the Afghan president was interested in ending the conflict, rather than winning the prolonged war.

“One positive step that has happened recently is a genuine approach by President Ghani when he had said that he no longer wants to win the war, but to end the conflict,” the minister remarked.

“To win the war was the American approach but now the Afghan approach is closer to Pakistan’s position on the matter. Pakistan’s highest priority regarding Afghanistan is to have a peaceful, democratic, and stable neighbor,” Khan underlined.

There has been a dramatic escalation in violence all over Afghanistan ever since US President Donald Trump took office in early 2017 and announced a new aggressive strategy for the region, putting Pakistan in the spotlight. Moscow has hosted a number of peace conferences on the issue in the past few months.

Bilateral relationship

Reiterating the expansion of bilateral ties between the two countries, Khan told the Russian news agency that Islamabad was looking forward to enhancing defence cooperation with Moscow in all areas, which include procurement of weapons, military training exercises and intelligence sharing.

“In the defense field, we signed a historical and unprecedented Pakistan-Russia defense agreement in 2014. As a result, we have been able to conduct joint exercises.”

“Pakistan has purchased Russian Mi-35 helicopters and now we are looking at a much wider range of defense cooperation. In terms of training, Pakistani officers are coming to Russia and Russian officers are going to Pakistani facilities for training,” he informed the reporters.

“We are also now discussing a wider range of military exercises, we are looking at a wider range of military equipment and intelligence sharing,” Khan said on the sidelines of the Moscow Conference on International Security (MCIS).

China likely to build military base in Pakistan: US

Historically, Pakistan and Russia have been on the opposite side of the conflict in Afghanistan, but the former Cold War foes have now developed a mutual understanding on many international issues, according to Khan.

“Of course we have a history of the Afghan war in which we have been on opposite sides, but now as the second decade of the 21st century ends, we will be able to look at world realities with a different eye.”

“I am delighted to say that Pakistan and Russia are largely in agreement on major international issues like Afghanistan, fighting drug trafficking and the situation in the Middle East. We are now looking at almost all aspects of defense and there is excellent goodwill between our leadership,” he underlined.

The defence minister also expressed that Pakistan was grateful for Russian support in its bid for membership to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, which it joined in 2017.

This article originally appeared on Sputnik News

https://tribune.com.pk/story/167975...ent-sophisticated-arms-says-defence-minister/

Su-35-UAC-01-692x360.jpg

Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E. Photo source: United Aircraft Corporation.
Daily News
Apr 8, 2018Bilal Khan -
PAKISTANI DEFENCE MINISTER: TALKING TO RUSSIA FOR SU-35, T-90 TANKS AND AIR DEFENCE SYSTEMS
ShareTweet

On 05 April, Pakistan’s Minister of Defence (MoD) Khurram Dastgir Khan told the Russian News Agency RIA Novosti that talks were underway with Russia for the procurement of air defence systems, the Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E and potentially the T-90 main battle tanks (MBT).

Khan did not provide a timeline as to when these negotiations are expected to reach fruition, but the MoD was clear in stating that talks are in play and that announcements will be made once they are completed.

In terms of air defence systems, Khan did not provide specifics, though RIA Novosti has quoted Pakistani officials speaking of the Almaz-Antey S-400 Triumf in the past.

“The air defense system is another kind of weaponry in which we are interested in … we are negotiating, and when we complete it, we will be able to announce it,” Khan told RIA.

Regarding the T-90 MBT, Khan outlined that Pakistan was “interested in T-90 tanks” and that it would “not be a one-time purchase, but a long-term commitment.”

Finally, Khan noted that negotiations for the Su-35 could reach fruition “in the next few years” considering that Russia and Pakistan “are now in the initial stage of negotiations”.

Pakistan and Russia had formally begun building bilateral defence relations following a memorandum-of-understanding (MoU) in November 2014. In 2015, Pakistan signed an order for four Russian Helicopters Mi-35M assault helicopters for $153 million US, which were handed-over to the Pakistan Army in 2017.

The two countries also conducted a series bilateral military exercises – designated “Friendship” – in 2016 and 2017. Russia also invited Pakistan to participate in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) joint-exercise “Peace Mission 2018” which is to take place in September.

Notes & Comments:

Though there has been growth in bilateral defence ties between Pakistan and Russia, it has been hoisted on the framework of counter-terrorism (CT), counterinsurgency (COIN) and regional stability. Indeed, this was apparent in the objectives of their bilateral exercises as well as the armaments Russia positioned to Pakistan (and its justification for engaging such sales with Pakistan).

However, the Pakistani MoD’s statements underline the objective to recapitalize its conventional warfare capabilities. In particular, the Pakistan Army (PA) and Pakistan Air Force (PAF) have either shown (through trials) or overtly called for new equipment. Unfortunately, a continual lack of funding has been one of the major constraining factors to such procurement. Thus, the supplier’s willingness to extend a line-of-credit or loan to kick-start programs is of importance to Pakistan.

This would be a risk for Russia, not just in terms of the financial aspect but the potential fallout of losing India’s business in the future. For example, India has begun issuing RFIs (requests-for-information) for its bid for 110 new multi-role fighters, a deal that could amount to $15-20 billion in long-term business. Thus, the prospect of losing a much larger Indian deal will generally cloud prospective sales to Pakistan.

However, if genuine, the presence of actual negotiations for new defence hardware would be substantive traction. Interestingly, the Pakistani MoD himself has qualified his statements in some areas, for example outlining that the Su-35 issue is years away from becoming a factor. Likewise, the talk of T-90s align with an ongoing PA effort to find an MBT to complement the al-Khalid-series, for which trials are taking place involving the Chinese VT4 and Ukrainian Oplot. Khan was also aware to highlight that an off-the-shelf MBT – which now apparently has the T-90 in the running – would be a long-term and multi-batch purchase.

Nonetheless, even if traction is being made, it is important to temper expectations. It is unclear if there is a big-ticket purchase in the near-term. In this regard, a careful following of Rosoboronexport, especially in November at the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS), will be essential.

https://quwa.org/2018/04/08/pakista...for-su-35-t-90-tanks-and-air-defence-systems/

forget the past @Zarvan open your eyes Arabia has basic DF-21 @Zarvan you're baseless basher @Zarvan :enjoy:
China still operates DF-3 A also in fact got the upgraded from China. And in 2003 and in 2004 they bought DF-21 for GOD sake get your facts right. Mr you don't have entire facts and wanna waste time here

IN TALKS NOT CONFIRMED/ DEAL SIGNED @Zarvan AND YOU'RE TOO LATE TO BRING THOSE NEWS TO PDF OTHER MEMBERS OPEN SIMILAR THREAD BEFORE YOU @Zarvan :lol::enjoy:

SO WHY ARABIA NEED SIMILAR KIND OF WEAPONS IF THEY HAD BEFORE AND LOOK AT THIS LINK THEY HAVE BASIC DF-21 NOT DF-26 WITH A RANGE OF 4000 KM @Zarvan I'M PROVIDING YOU A PROVES AND YOU'RE NOT NOW WHO IS WASTING TIME @Zarvan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Saudi_Strategic_Missile_Force
@Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall:
It seem you are not normal Me they inducted DF 3 A first way back in 80s and still use them and got them upgraded. And later in 2003 and 2004 they got DF-21 and one other Missile. And yes we are in talks for SU 35 and T 90 and S 400 I never said we have signed the deal

This is a piece I had written before the acquisition of Type 54A was revealed in another thread (Sparrow needed). We do talk about the weapon systems till death but seldom discuss where they fit into the strategy. So I thought let me give it a try--so here it goes. I have updated the write-up in italics in light of new acquisitions.

"IMHO and with little bit of study of Naval Power, Pak Navy's role is defensive and keeping its SLOC open during a conflict with India. Its strike element is its Submarine Force and Aviation Arm and not its surface fleet!

Adding a AAW frigate with strong AShM is at the most extending the Air Defense umbrella a little bit further into the ocean to guard its SLOC.... again essentially, a defensive role for the surface fleet.

I for one do not see PN going beyond acquiring two heavy AAW Frigates around which it can build two flotillas with a mix of one AAW and possibly two ASW frigates with heavy AShM punch. Two ASW (this was written before the announcement of Type 54A) Frigates are a min. must for an effective ASW patrol and hunting (but I have serious doubts about F22P and its ASW capability with light weight torps. and its sonar. Maybe, the next round of purchase from either Turkey or China will beef up this area). This dove tails with two Fleet Replenishment Platforms operated by PN (I believe very soon, work on the second ship of the Turkish Fleet Tanker will be started). By the latest order, of surface vessels not one but two fleet replenishment ships need to be added to the fleet to support four patrol groups.

One of the Patrol groups will be, in my opinion, stationed off the coast of Southern part of Oman in the event hostilities and the other will be somewhere off the coast of Gawader. Gawader becoming the primary port of entry for both oil and dry cargo and very soon and will be used as such in the event of open hostilities breaking out between India and Pakistan. Ideally there should be three patrol groups one should be based near Socotra (Using Chinese base at Djibouti as replenishment base) and the other, somewhere off the coast of Al Wusta province of Oman. The north most group should be positioned east of Gawader and its patrol area should be the approaches to the straits of Hurmuz. This way search and seizure of India bound vessels can be carried out (However, If China openly sides with Pakistan than Djibouti can be used to mount patrols by Chinese Navy and free up PN units to concentrate more towards the coast mid of Oman and Hurmuz) This strategy would require a home port for the southern most group (That will be provided by I guess Djibouti.. the Chinese Base there). PN has now pretty long experience of navigating/patrolling these waters for anti piracy operations. However such a strategy will dictate three AAW frigates and atleast four more ASW/AShM frigates.

The above strategy has been vindicated by the order of not two, not three but four Type 54A frigates! They will form the core of the four Surface Patrol/Hunter Killer Anti Submarine Groups and the fourth will be stationed behind the picket/patrol line of submarines south east of Karachi, complimenting their patrol and provide support in the event of a seaborne landings near Sir Creek area which I anticipate will happen to tie down PA troops south of Chorr away from Northern Sindh and Naara Area.

The COMSUB would most certainly use its hunter killers in a patrol arc starting about 100 KM off the coast of Runn of Kutch and ending somewhere west of Karachi but between Ormara and KHI.

The airborne LRP and Early Warning will be provided, in this area, by Orions and Karakoram Eagles and Deep Strike by the Naval Strike element out of Mehran and Masroor respectively.

Airborne LRP/Strike will be provided again by Orions and KE's out of Turbat. (One of the KE is temporarily stationed at PAF Shahrahe e Faisal. There are only Three permanent facilities for KE at Masroor. I believe the fourth and any subsequent follow-on orders for these birds will be stationed at Turbat to provide long range AWACS support West of Karachi.) In the West. Point air defense and CAP will be provided by PAF planes out of Pasni. But this needs to be beefed up as currently the PAF base over there can only handle eight fighter a/c to cover Ormara and Gawader (Pasni is situated about midway between Gawader and Ormara). Two more pens are under construction at PAF Pasni that would give 8 + 2 pens at Pasni, and 4 at Gawader. Again inadequate Point defense cover specially keeping in-view that they will be facing the Indian SU menace)

Close in Littoral defense will be the responsibility of various of corvettes and Fast Attack Missile boats being added to PN fleet. The pivot points for this defense would be the three ports of PQA, KHI & Gawader. Ormara would defend its self from air and sea attack by on Land AA/SAM assets and shore based AsHM if need be. The high powered surveillance radar at both Hawakes Bay and Ormara gives a panoramic view of the approaches to both KHI (Main Naval Base) and Ormara (Right now the secondary Naval Facility). Addition of six more FAC's are expected that will help provide the inshore defense at both Gawader and Ormara.

The strategic punch will remain with atleast two Chinese built Subs out of the eight being acquired, armed with nuclear tipped cruise missiles. By the end of the program of inducting eight subs, PN will have 11 subs (INMHO 12 are the min. required but that is my opinion). Which will be sufficient to mount effective aggressor patrols far out into and beyond our EEZ. ACNS NSFC will have direct command over the use of the two nuclear armed subs through COMSUB PN.

I also believe that PN is looking for an effective deep strike Air Element to counter the IN Carrier Group. Also lacking is a coherent and credible Air defense of the coastal belt West of Karachi. PAF has neglected this area and I do not see any significant activity on ground to close this gap. In total there are not more than a dozen or so hardened pens in the entire Markran Coastal Belt!! In past wargames conducted at the War College, SU-30 long range and the threat of its use towards the western approaches was a real headache. This was validated in a number of simulations played over many courses at the War College. I am not divulging a military secret here. It is a known fact and was played out even where foreign course participants/officers were part of the simulations.

I acknowledge that there are definite holes in the above scenario. But the general deployment would be similar to what I surmise above.

My 2C's worth. Please feel free to shoot holes in it!!"

Well, India has a larger coastline as well.

Given we have mainly a single sided approach from the sea, we need to concentrate on taking out the approaching enemy as far out at sea as possible. And at the same time, take the fight to the enemy.

I support creating a 360 degree threat environment for India. There should be a credible threat to India from both it's East and West coast. We need some out of the box thinking to achieve that. @Rafi could you share your thoughts on how to create a combined East-West threat for IN?

Lol the kind of attack Zarvan is talking about is beyond the capacity of IN and currently the US and maybe China will be capable of.

Babur and it's future longer range iteration's will be used from land sea and air.

Do you mean that the submarines of IN find their targets mainly by their radars?

The Hull of Milgem is designed & build to reduce its signature in sea.

Milgem Class corvettes are being built for the Turkish Navy under the Turkish national warship programme known as Milgem. Eight corvettes and four F-100 Class frigates will be constructed under the programme. The new Milgem Class multimission corvettes feature stealth technologies and can perform search, rescue, patrol, observation and anti-submarine warfare operations.

The keel was laid for the first vessel, TCG Heybeliada (F-511), at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard in July 2005. Launched in September 2008, the vessel was scheduled to commission in early 2011. The second vessel in class, TCG Büyükada (F-512), was laid in September 2008. It is scheduled to be launched in October 2010 and commissioned in 2013.

The first two vessels were built at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard Command and remaining vessels will be constructed at private Turkish shipyards. Turkey-based STM has appointed by the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) to procure materials, services and systems for the project.

The Canadian Navy, Pakistani Navy, Ukrainian Navy and navies of South American countries have evinced interest in Milgem class warships.

The Milgem corvette has an overall length of 99m, a waterline length of 90.5m, a beam of 14.4m and a design draft of 3.6m. The displacement of the vessel is 2,000t. The ship can be fully operated at the sea state 5. It can accommodate 93 crew members, including the air crew.

Milgem corvette design

Milgem Project Office (MPO) designed and developed the vessel platform. Milgem’s design concept and mission profile is similar to the littoral combat ship (LCS-1) developed by Lockheed Martin. It features a steel hull and fragmentation resistant composite superstructure. The stealth hull design achieves low radar, magnetic, infrared and acoustic signatures.

Milgem corvette missions

Designed as a multipurpose corvette, Milgem can be deployed in a range of missions, including reconnaissance, surveillance, target identification, early warning, anti-submarine warfare, surface-to-surface and surface-to-air warfare and amphibious operations.

Corvette command and control

“The first two vessels were built at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard Command.”
The Milgem Class corvette is equipped with the UNIMACS 3000 series integrated platform management system (IPMS) developed by YALTES. The system monitors and controls machinery, auxiliary systems, electrical power generation and distribution.

The main systems integrated in IPMS include a power management system, fire detection system, fire fighting and damage control system, CCTV system and stability control system.

The YALTES combat management system (CMS) includes operator consoles (OPCON) and tactical consoles (TACON), land-based test system units, inter-console units, a commander unit and combat system video network.

Corvette missiles and torpedoes

The corvette is equipped with eight Harpoon Block II anti-ship missiles and a single mk31 RAM self-defence missile weapon system, which can launch RAM anti-aircraft missiles. The Harpoon missile can strike the targets in a 124km range while travelling at a speed of Mach 0.71.

The ship is fitted with two 324mm mk32 tubes to launch mk46 torpedoes. The torpedo has a range of 7,315m and can attack high-performance submarines.

Vessel guns

A 76mm dual-purpose gun is fitted on the vessel. In addition, two remotely controlled 12.7mm machine guns are mounted on the stabilised machine gun platform, which has been developed by Aselsan.

Aircraft helicopter system

The corvettes are equipped with an aft flight deck to allow the operation of a S-70B-2 Seahawk helicopter. The aircraft ship-integrated secure and traverse (ASIST) helicopter handling and tracking system, developed by Curtiss-Wright, will ensure the safe landing of helicopters.

Countermeasures

“Two remotely controlled machine guns are fitted on the vessel.”
The Degaussing (DG) system is used as a countermeasure to the threat of magnetic influenced mines.

The other countermeasures include an early warning (EW) radar, ASW jammers and Sea Sentor surface ship torpedo defence (SSTD) system. The SSTD system can detect and locate the incoming torpedoes and decoy or defeat them.

Corvette vessel sensors

The sensors suit includes a SMART-S mk2 search radar, a X-band radar, a fire-control radar, a navigation radar and a LPI radar. A search / attack sonar is also fitted on the vessel.

Propulsion

The corvette is equipped with a combined diesel and gas (CODAG) propulsion system, which consists of a gas-turbine and two diesel engines delivering a power of around 30,000kW. The propulsion system provides a maximum speed of 29kt and an economical speed of 15kt.

https://www.naval-technology.com/projects/milgem_class_corvett/

Back
Top Bottom