What's new

Pakistan Navy to Purchase Frigates from China

Ideas 2016 Chinese naval display

Looks like modified f22p ?? F23p ??

C28A

I've no clue on where or how many will be built however i got you guys some more pics
LMRKIPW.jpg
Bu4Dcm3.jpg
uUtQz3h.jpg
YNnZm9D.jpg
This is NOT the same ship as os #55....
...more like the one in #47

We can deliver a VLS design that can hold any missles PN asks, even cruise missle. A completely customized version. Then current dimension of VLS on type 055 DDG is even bigger than MK57.
I know you can but would they fit in this Frigate
CSOC-Corvette.jpg

Pakistan navy goes for 4000 tons frigate I think?

Apparently, Tariq class can't be replaced by any sub 3000 tonne ship. But still a lot has changed technologically and smaller ships are now as powerful as larger ones previously. PN may also be looking into "numbers is strength" sort of scenario where it would like to field larger numbers of smaller ships than small numbers of large ships.

The Algerian Navy recently got one from China

The C28A option would be a ship 120 meter length almost size of our OHP frigates
With more enhanced sensors visible in rear dome
C28A-El-Fateh921.jpg

mmFaU8M.jpg

Seems like PDF community is aiming high with this option (4000 Ton Ship)
CSOC_Frigate_IDEX_2013_03.jpg

One would imagine that China would allocate 4-8 (4000-8000 Ton ships for CPEC protection in Pakistan Ocean)

It would make sense to have

• 4 Type 054D destroyers (Joint Grant between China-Pakistan)
  • 4 4000 Ton ships (Which Pakistan would buy)

Last edited:
4 Frigates from China
4 Turkish Corvettes
8 Subs Huge increase in the capabilities of PN

4 Corvettes was on Soft loans $400 Million from Turkey they just can't back off from this project i guess

4 Frigates from China
4 Turkish Corvettes
8 Subs Huge increase in the capabilities of PN

4 Corvettes was on Soft loans $400 Million from Turkey they just can't back off from this project i guess

What is the source or just a guess here 4 frigates ??

It's the "role" not the "weight"

PN designation for ex-Royal Navy Type 21 frigates (displacement<3800 t) is Tariq class destroyer (serving the 25th Destroyer squadron).

If 4000 t Chinese frigates have been ordered as replacement of Type 21's, why didn't Retd. Admiral Zakaullah say destroyers ?

I hope it's 4 large frigates (4,000+ tons). It might be possible to fit 32 - ideally 48 - VLS cells large enough to (1) carry SSM/LACM, (2) quad-pack MR-SAM and (3) LR-SAM. I would dedicate the slant-launcher for the CM-802 supersonic cruising AShM. Couple that with a solid long-range AESA fire control radar and a passive OTH radar for long-range surveillance/detection.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom