What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

It was reported that first A-90 was delivered to PN after upgrades then there was another report that work on 3rd A-90 has started. I have not heard that 2nd A-90 is delivered. Maybe anyone with insights into the Navy can enlighten us further. Anyways once these 3 are available then it will be a great boost because there are significant amount of updates done on these subs worth over 350 million dollars.

Yes A-70s are there but about 50 years old and overdue for retirement, PN is waiting for hangars.

PN will become in much great shape by 2023 when atleast 3 type 54As and perhaps 1 babur will be added. Until then whatever assets we have should ensure high availability / quick deployment. The Damen OPVs must be weaponized at earliest. Its a waste of platform not being weaponized for 1.5 year.
I thought the news was that work on second boat starting soon, no mention of contract to work on the third boat. The work on third boat or no work was discussed her a while back, if work on the third A-90 has started then its news to I, good news none the less.

The news I await anxiously is the Arrival of type 039-xyz for the purpose of training and later perhaps being part of PN to make it the 1st or the 9th Chinese built Sub to join PN.

Pakistan Navy holds fourth Maritime Security Workshop (MARSEW-4)

Pakistan Navy holds fourth Maritime Security Workshop (MARSEW-4)

Web Desk
December 07, 2021

CNS Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi on the occasion of Maritime Security Workshop (MARSEW-4) stated that it is a matter of great satisfaction that Pakistan Navy is holding fourth in the series of Maritime Security Workshop (MARSEW-4) at its premier institute, Pakistan Navy War College Lahore from 8-16 December 2021.

The continuity of MARSEW is not only reassuring, but its real success lies in the interest it has evoked across a broad spectrum of country's policy makers, executives, academicians, businessman, enterprises and media since its inaugural session in 2017. MARSEW has become a formal link with the country's diverse stakeholders in creating awareness on maritime issues, highlighting their impact on the national security and underscoring immense potentials of our Blue Economy.

MARSEW-4 assumes greater significance since it culminates with the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of Pakistan Navy Staff Course. Dovetailed with MARSEW-4, the Golden Jubilee Celebrations depict the cardinal role of PNWC as the cradle of middle tier naval leadership in Pakistan Navy. It has proudly mentored generations of Officers who in execution of the staff and operational duties continued to raise the bar ever higher.

Pakistan Navy Ship TUGHRIL visited Naval Base Lumut, Malaysia as part of good will visit and flag showing mission.

Upon arrival at port, Pakistan Navy Ship TUGHRIL was received by Defence Attaché of Pakistan at Kuala Lumpur and senior officials from Royal Malaysian Navy.

The visit of PNS TUGHRIL included harbour and sea phases. In harbour phase table top discussions on professional matters and bilateral interactions were held. Whereas, sea phase included conduct of bilateral exercise MALPAK in which PNS TUGHRIL along with three Ships and a Helicopter participated from Royal Malaysian Navy.

Visit of Pakistan Navy Ship to Malaysia provided an opportunity for both countries to further enhance the existing close diplomatic ties and cordial relations.

265544797_451841879641872_637950888652184885_n.jpg

PNS Tughril (Type-054A/P) while maneuvering to Pakistan from China, it is expected that first Frigate of Tughril Class Frigate will join Pakistan Navy’s fleet in December 2021.

View attachment 797322
Hi All, I was wondering where we can get information or see how many ships are available for Navy at any given time.

The relevant assets of Navy are 3 agosta-90bs, 4 F-22Ps, 1 Alamgir, 2 Damen corvettes, 2-3 Azmat FACs

But, 2 Damen OPVs are yet not weaponized for combat.
2 Agosta subs are being upgraded, so cannot be in action.
PNS Zulfiqar was in Germany till August. No idea where is it now.
PNS Alamgir was in Algeria recently.
Another F-22P was seen in satellite photo being upgraded.

This gives a very dire situation, if more then half of fleet is either at long trips or non functional.

I don't understand, why Navy is so lazy for not weaponizing the Damen OPVs yet. They know they need to make use of every asset, but they seems to be chilling. Foreign trips are okay for bi-lateral relationships and all but that should be done when you have enough assets to protect your own coast. I mean a force should be always ready for worst case scenario. IN won't ask for permission, if it has to attack!.

@ghazi52 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Second one was
Also launched so should be following soon after fitment and trails
You started by asking a question that you then proceeded to answer yourself (with perhaps little knowledge of facts) and bemoan the state of the PN and how we maybe at the mercy of IN. Well last time that happened we still have a video of a Sub.

My sense of smell is very accurate.

1639402937981.png

Naval Chief conferred 317 graduates with PhD, Masters and Bachelor's degrees whereas 34 medals were also awarded to students in various academic disciplines for outstanding performances.

Back
Top Bottom