What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

PNS Tughril (Type-054A/P) while maneuvering to Pakistan from China, it is expected that first Frigate of Tughril Class Frigate will join Pakistan Navy’s fleet in December 2021.

1638107489338.png

JINNAH NAVAL BASE, ORMARA, BALOCHISTAN

The Federal Minister of Interior arrived for the second day of his visit to Jinnah Naval Base. Senior Pakistan Navy officials welcomed him onboard MRTP-33 Fast Patrol Craft, PNS Zarrar. The warship is part of Surface Task Group Two of the Pakistan Navy. The minister was briefed on the operations and capabilities of STG-2 and Jinnah Naval Base. The Minister was apprised of the geographical and strategic importance of Ormara Naval Base.
He expressed full confidence in the capabilities and readiness of Pakistan Navy.

1638241709350.png

1638241724830.png

Hi All, I was wondering where we can get information or see how many ships are available for Navy at any given time.

The relevant assets of Navy are 3 agosta-90bs, 4 F-22Ps, 1 Alamgir, 2 Damen corvettes, 2-3 Azmat FACs

But, 2 Damen OPVs are yet not weaponized for combat.
2 Agosta subs are being upgraded, so cannot be in action.
PNS Zulfiqar was in Germany till August. No idea where is it now.
PNS Alamgir was in Algeria recently.
Another F-22P was seen in satellite photo being upgraded.

This gives a very dire situation, if more then half of fleet is either at long trips or non functional.

I don't understand, why Navy is so lazy for not weaponizing the Damen OPVs yet. They know they need to make use of every asset, but they seems to be chilling. Foreign trips are okay for bi-lateral relationships and all but that should be done when you have enough assets to protect your own coast. I mean a force should be always ready for worst case scenario. IN won't ask for permission, if it has to attack!.

@ghazi52 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Hi All, I was wondering where we can get information or see how many ships are available for Navy at any given time.

The relevant assets of Navy are 3 agosta-90bs, 4 F-22Ps, 1 Alamgir, 2 Damen corvettes, 2-3 Azmat FACs

This gives a very dire situation, if more then half of fleet is either at long trips or non functional.

I don't understand, why Navy is so lazy for not weaponizing the Damen OPVs yet. They know they need to make use of every asset, but they seems to be chilling. Foreign trips are okay for bi-lateral relationships and all but that should be done when you have enough assets to protect your own coast. I mean a force should be always ready for worst case scenario. IN won't ask for permission, if it has to attack!.

Can smell a troll from miles away....

That's a wrong sense of smell then : ) .. That's a concern. Everything is not a troll. Plus, If my analysis is wrong, correct me. I love to be corrected. I am at this forum to share my thoughts / analysis and on top learn from everyone.

You started by asking a question that you then proceeded to answer yourself (with perhaps little knowledge of facts) and bemoan the state of the PN and how we maybe at the mercy of IN. Well last time that happened we still have a video of a Sub.

My sense of smell is very accurate.

You started by asking a question that you then proceeded to answer yourself (with perhaps little knowledge of facts) and bemoan the state of the PN and how we maybe at the mercy of IN. Well last time that happened we still have a video of a Sub.

My sense of smell is very accurate.

Well, your sense of smell is completely out of order!. The way you accuse me of trolling.
You have no capacity to take positive criticism. Only concerned citizens would ask such thing.

You are one of those people, who become angered by genuine questions from concerned people. Oh yeh tu mulk kay khilaaf baat ho gai LMAO!.

(with perhaps little knowledge of facts)

So Genius, when I said that I am the top expert around ?. as I said, I love to be corrected. If you have facts then throw them. That's the purpose of my post to clear my concerns with positive input. I am here to discuss and learn.

I haven't actually said anything at all that can anger an sane person. I had said a glimpse of it in another post where I was concerned for navy's procurement.. mentioning how Chief of Naval staff stole millions of dollars in Agosta program. I can write at lengths on Actual nalaikiyan. But i don't want to do this. I want to keep it positive and constructive.

You have stirred the submarine topic, I am actually proud of the Air patrolling team who have twice detected the indian subs. Can Pakistani sub be detected in indian waters and let go ? I don't think so.

My genuine concern is that our airforce / army are strong and can respond an eye for eye. But indians strength is their navy, they may try to level the score after humiliation of 27th Feb 2019 through naval end. Maybe that's why they are provoking us by sending subs twice as well. That's why as a patriotic person, I want to know how many ships / subs are there to protect EEZ. You think its a troll. ?? Really ??.. its disgusting to even think like that.

Last edited:
You also have 2 A-70s, plus are you sure that two A-90s are going through retro-fit ? My understating was that one be going through upgrade and other will wait till it first one was done and back in service so their would be two A-90s available at all times.

I think it was some Indian Defense Expert that had mentioned that the PN only had one Sub ( A-90 ) available or something like that during the last crises.
PNS Tughril (Type-054A/P) while maneuvering to Pakistan from China, it is expected that first Frigate of Tughril Class Frigate will join Pakistan Navy’s fleet in December 2021.

View attachment 797322
That is lots of maneuvering from China to Pakistan, probably be better if just does "in transit" while doing friendly port visits in between.

1638847136946.png

The lead ship of the Pakistan Navy’s Tughril class of guided missiles and air defence frigates, PNS Tughril arrived at a Malaysia’s naval base Lumut for a port call. The two navies will conduct the MALPAK/3-2021 bilateral naval exercises.

Last edited:
Jinnah class is really been planned but i think pak in mock up model. Not integrating better weapons

Pak must induct better weapons

You also have 2 A-70s, plus are you sure that two A-90s are going through retro-fit ? My understating was that one be going through upgrade and other will wait till it first one was done and back in service so their would be two A-90s available at all times.

I think it was some Indian Defense Expert that had mentioned that the PN only had one Sub ( A-90 ) available or something like that during the last crises.

It was reported that first A-90 was delivered to PN after upgrades then there was another report that work on 3rd A-90 has started. I have not heard that 2nd A-90 is delivered. Maybe anyone with insights into the Navy can enlighten us further. Anyways once these 3 are available then it will be a great boost because there are significant amount of updates done on these subs worth over 350 million dollars.

Yes A-70s are there but about 50 years old and overdue for retirement, PN is waiting for hangars.

PN will become in much great shape by 2023 when atleast 3 type 54As and perhaps 1 babur will be added. Until then whatever assets we have should ensure high availability / quick deployment. The Damen OPVs must be weaponized at earliest. Its a waste of platform not being weaponized for 1.5 year.

Agreed wasting lot of money on un necesary trips exerciseare other issue

Pak submarines are also getting old even 8 yuan wont be enough should have got german or swdeen subs

Remember these 8 yuan subs are copy of russian kilo class subs they are upgraded with chinese systems but still it has russian origins

Remember these 8 yuan subs are copy of russian kilo class subs they are upgraded with chinese systems but still it has russian origins

But, these Yuan ships are far better then Kilos. They are larger and quieter. Plus the chinese subs are AIP enabled. Together with Agostas there will be 11 AIP enabled subs posing the greatest threat to IN.

Back
Top Bottom