What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Pakistan has purchased Chinese CM-501GA anti-ship missiles for helicopter launch.

cm-501ga-image02.jpg

The CM-501GA missile is a lighter version of the original missile, a missile that can be used for land attack as well as against ships. The range of these missiles, manufactured by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation, is about 40 km. Being a lighter version, it can be launched from the Harbin Z-9 helicopters which are owned by the Pakistan Navy. These helicopters are also from China.. and are On the 054 A/P frigates delivered by China to Pakistan. One of the PNS Tughril models, was delivered last month and the remaining three will be delivered soon.

Steel_cutting_ceremony_for_two_Type_054AP_in_Pakistan_built_for_Pakistan_Navy_925_001.jpg

The sources said that the missiles target Indian warships such as the Kolkata and Vizag destroyers and stealth frigates.

Besides, Pakistan is negotiating with China over the LY-70 air defense missile system for its warships. It has already asked ALIT, the manufacturer, to submit the technical proposal and budget. The previous version, the LY-60N, was purchased by the Pakistan Navy two decades ago for its Tariq-class frigates.

fe59bb2e20d941d481ff68e4ae1cf5af.jpg
I am not sure which warship will use ly70 in PN

Hi All, I was wondering where we can get information or see how many ships are available for Navy at any given time.

The relevant assets of Navy are 3 agosta-90bs, 4 F-22Ps, 1 Alamgir, 2 Damen corvettes, 2-3 Azmat FACs

But, 2 Damen OPVs are yet not weaponized for combat.
2 Agosta subs are being upgraded, so cannot be in action.
PNS Zulfiqar was in Germany till August. No idea where is it now.
PNS Alamgir was in Algeria recently.
Another F-22P was seen in satellite photo being upgraded.

This gives a very dire situation, if more then half of fleet is either at long trips or non functional.

I don't understand, why Navy is so lazy for not weaponizing the Damen OPVs yet. They know they need to make use of every asset, but they seems to be chilling. Foreign trips are okay for bi-lateral relationships and all but that should be done when you have enough assets to protect your own coast. I mean a force should be always ready for worst case scenario. IN won't ask for permission, if it has to attack!.

@ghazi52 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I have all this secret information. I am keeping it all here - at the following link. I know when and where the CNS has his double shot coffee.

1641496586258.png

1641496609767.png

Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi exchanging views with Deputy Chief of Turkish General Staff at Naval Headquarters Islamabad

Pak Navy Ships RAH NAWARD & MADADGAR along with PNS/M HAMZA visited Port Sultan Bin Qaboos, Oman. PN Flotilla was received by Pak DA & RNO officials. During visit, COMPAK & Mission Cdr called on Chief of Sultan’s Armed Forces & Cdr RNO.

COMPAK conveyed good wishes of CNS for the people of Oman & Royal Navy Oman. During port stay, various bilateral activities & coordination meetings were held. Later, PNS RAH NAWARD participated in sailing exercise with RNO Sail Training Ship, RNOV SHABAB.

Tanzania Navy Commander, Rear Admiral Michael Mwanandenja Mumanga visited Naval Headquarters, Islamabad and called on Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi.

1641844766346.png

1641844798458.png

Pak Navy diver Abdul Rehman LCD (T) took out the body of a woman who drowned from Rawal Lake at night during search and rescue operation.

Pak Navy has launched a search operation in the cold water of the lake after receiving information from Islamabad Police and CDA.

1642285434099.png

1642285469149.png

1642713384855.png

Pak Navy assumed the Command of Combined Maritime Task Force 150 (CTF-150) for the 12th time.
The Change of Command Ceremony held at HQ of US NAVCENT, Bahrain. Commodore Vaqar Muhammad of Pak Navy took over Command from Captain Brendon Clark of Royal New Zealand Navy.

Back
Top Bottom