What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Are submarines better than surface ships for warfare? Are submarines more dangerous than surface ships? I am asking because most Indian naval experts claim that the biggest challenge for the IN would be PN submarines and in particular PN 8 new yuan class submarines.

Submarines are always a biggest threat as advanced Submarines are hidden deadly punch in vast oceans,

1642974607607.png

Pakistan Navy will hold the official induction ceremony of the lead ship of the Tughril class of guided missile frigates, PNS Tughril tomorrow at Karachi Naval Dockyard.

Commander in Chief of the Pakistan Navy, Dr. Arif Alvi to be chief guest.

1642975341532.png

Pakistan Navy has inducted 1st Type-54A/P guided missile frigate along with different variants of sea king helicopters in a ceremony held at Karachi dockyard on Monday.

President of Pakistan along with country’s naval chief attended the ceremony. Both inductions are conducted under a navy’s modernization process.

PNS Tughril (FFG-261) is a 4000 tonne multi-purpose guided missile frigate (FFG-261) capable of conducting various types of tasks including maritime patrols, anti-ship & anti-submarine missions. PNS Tughril is equipped with state of the art sensors and weapon systems. Pakistan Navy signed contract for the procurement of two Type-54A/P frigates in 2017. In 2018,

Pakistan announced procurement of two more type-54A/P guided missile frigates. These ships will be armed with state-of-the-art weapons systems and sensors. Importantly, PNS Tughril will be 1st Pakistani Warship capable of firing missile from VLS missile cells. This ship is armed with HHQ-16 surface to air missiles.

Pakistan Navy also inducts 10 Sea king helicopters. As per official stance of Pakistan Navy, these helicopters are gift by brotherly muslim state “Qatar”. Qatar Emiri Air Force (QEAF) gifted 10 Sea king helicopters to Pakistan Navy along a Sea king simulator. These helicopters are inducted No. 111 squadron of Pakistan Naval Air Arm. 111 squadron is already operating few sea king helicopters.

@iLION12345_1
May be you know why, it’s equipped only with 4 SSM ? And can the Sea King Helicopters also park inside the Hangar ?
I highly doubt the Sea kings can park inside that hanger, they’re too big and the rotors don’t fold. The sea kings aren’t for use with the 054As anyways, they’re for SAR and AShM roles, they can land on the helipads on those ships.
The ships themselves will very likely come with Z9D helos, those can fit in their hangers as well. As for SSMs, I assume you guys mean the 4 missiles in 2x2 config in the center, that’s just choice, that can be increased or decreased as needed based on the mission profile. We’ve seen them be 4x4 config for a total of 8 missiles on PLAN ships in the past I believe, so it’s totally possible. The rest of the launchers may even be carried elsewhere on the ship itself, they can be installed at port at any time.

I highly doubt the Sea kings can park inside that hanger, they’re too big and the rotors don’t fold. The sea kings aren’t for use with the 054As anyways, they’re for SAR and AShM roles, they can land on the helipads on those ships.
The ships themselves will very likely come with Z9D helos, those can fit in their hangers as well. As for SSMs, I assume you guys mean the 4 missiles in 2x2 config in the center, that’s just choice, that can be increased or decreased as needed based on the mission profile. We’ve seen them be 4x4 config for a total of 8 missiles on PLAN ships in the past I believe, so it’s totally possible. The rest of the launchers may even be carried elsewhere on the ship itself, they can be installed at port at any time.

The standard type54ap or type54a+ does not carry c302 missile.

And likely neither does ours. The launchers on PN 054As are the same as the ones on PLAN. There is nothing to confirm the missiles are different either, someone spread those rumors without confirming.
Which Chinese ship carry c302 in 4x4 format in the class of type54ap

Which Chinese ship carry c302 in 4x4 format in the class of type54ap
Sorry, I’m a little confused, Why is C302 in the question? Type 054As carry YJ-83 in 4x4 configuration right? And so far there’s been nothing to determine wether PNs 054As carry YJ-83 or CM302. Unless it was confirmed and I missed it, in which case, my bad.
If the PN ships are carrying CM302, they could be limited to 2x2 due to the missile, or they could just be in 2x2 configuration due to the mission profile. otherwise 4x4 is definitely possible on 054A with YJ-83, but CM302/YJ-12A is the better missile.

Sorry, I’m a little confused, Why is C302 in the question? Type 054As carry YJ-83 in 4x4 configuration right? And so far there’s been nothing to determine wether PNs 054As carry YJ-83 or CM302. Unless it was confirmed and I missed it, in which case, my bad.
If the PN ships are carrying CM302, they could be limited to 2x2 due to the missile, or they could just be in 2x2 configuration due to the mission profile. otherwise 4x4 is definitely possible on 054A with YJ-83, but CM302/YJ-12A is the better missile.
PN TYPE54AP is equipped with supersonic cruise missile c802 is not supersonic . So assumption is that it has c302 most probably or c400 may be . So the question is, can type54ap carry 8 of them or is just limited to 4

Back
Top Bottom