What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

That means, Intentions are there to buy and to sell Chinese first AC. But it looks, deal will be done around 2020 and then extensive retrofit, upgrades, training and trial will take much time and eventually will commission to PAK NAVY by 2030.

That makes sense, New Frigate will start joining end of this year or max next year.
Submarines will start joining by 2022
Turkish corvettes will be coming in same duration.

There is hope, PN might buy few destroyers after 2025.

After all above acquisitions, AC can be part of PN.

not in my knowledge ....
will Z9 be used with ada corvettes ?

Why not. Its a helicopter, its systems are independent of the ship and even if they werent the turks would likely allow integration. The hangar is large enough to fit a sea hawk which is significantly larger than the Z-9. My personal opinion is to shorten the hangar and maje one large enough for Z-9 and put an 8-cell VLS there where a portion of the hangar used to be.

- PN is also acquiring another ATR 72-500

There was an optional clause (+2) in the contract with Rheinland Air Service which is currently converting the second ATR-72 into MPA.

So, PN will have 4x ATR-72 MPA's.

Why not. Its a helicopter, its systems are independent of the ship and even if they werent the turks would likely allow integration. The hangar is large enough to fit a sea hawk which is significantly larger than the Z-9.

F-22P's didn't come with the best radars, which means they are dependent on the Z-9EC for provision of OTH targeting for C-802A anti-ship missiles.
That doesn't leave any Z-9EC for PN Ada corvettes & Jinnah class frigates. I believe no additional helicopters of this type are being purchased.

PN wants larger multi-mission helicopters, and in this regard, Leonardo is pushing the AW159 Wildcat.

There was an optional clause (+2) in the contract with Rheinland Air Service which is currently converting the second ATR-72 into MPA.

as far as I remember only two were put in conversion for MPA role third one was in use as transport/ passenger aircraft.

With this acquisition it will be the forth one but as its future role was not mention in Tender document .... might be this new one will replace the 3 third in passenger aircraft role and the current will also be converted into MPA (its just my guess)

APP82-09Manora.jpg
APP81-09Manora.jpg
APP79-09Manora.jpg

F-22P's didn't come with the best radars, which means they are dependent on the Z-9EC for provision of OTH targeting for C-802A anti-ship missiles.
That doesn't leave any Z-9EC for PN Ada corvettes & Jinnah class frigates. I believe no additional helicopters of this type are being purchased.

PN wants larger multi-mission helicopters, and in this regard, Leonardo is pushing the AW159 Wildcat.
IMO the AW159 is pretty similar in size to the Z-9EC. "Larger" multimission helicopters would imply NH-90, S-70/T-70, or AW101. The AW101-class may not be a priority right now given the expanded Sea King fleet. So (given the uptick in ties with the Turks) I'd look at T-70 and the NH-90 as options.

Dear friends,
I Need to answer a legal question and please take it as most urgent.

Short background is that a Pak Navy ship docked at a port in Italy 2 or 3 years ago, a PN sailor, who actually wantwd to settle in Europe for financial reasons, desserted the ship and asked for Asylum on the grounds that since he desserted his job now from PN, he will be punished.

We know that dessertion in war time may have a death penalty but what is generally the punishment for dessertion in peacetime?
The deserter belongs to a village and villagers say no one from Navy came to look for the person in question, means Navy is not actively pursuing the case, If the person is deported from Europe now, what awaits him in Pakistan ?

We need to answer this question for my client which is an European Embassy in Pakistan.

Thanking you, I remain.
IHK.

The Z-9EC is toothless when it comes to ASuW, Navy wants comparatively larger multi-mission platform.

This doesn't mean they are looking for a Sea-King sized helicopter.

Back
Top Bottom