What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Is there German upgrade for pc-3 that may be in review ?? Sensors etc

https://www.defensenews.com/home/2015/07/29/german-navy-extends-life-of-p-3c-with-new-wing/

The new wings are part of a wider program of updates planned for the German aircraft including mission avionics and an instrumental flight rules capability hike.
It might depend on US approvals (re: P-3C) and if there are still vendors available to do the job. The alternative is to pair a business/VIP jet with COTS sensors and weapons, the latter we already acquired from Leonardo et. al via the ATR-72 Sea Eagle MPA program. And there are ITAR-free platforms too (e.g., Bombardier Global 6000). I think the main question for the PN would be finding a MAD.

It might depend on US approvals (re: P-3C) and if there are still vendors available to do the job. The alternative is to pair a business/VIP jet with COTS sensors and weapons, the latter we already acquired from Leonardo et. al via the ATR-72 Sea Eagle MPA program. And there are ITAR-free platforms too (e.g., Bombardier Global 6000). I think the main question for the PN would be finding a MAD.

How about the one installed in Y-8Q? Though performance parameters are unknown, but something is better than nothing.

KQ-200_86a.jpg

Global eye mad - Copy.JPG

VLEMNDRVYIJ76U5QLD43SF6OYE.jpg

No info on, if any new heli were ordered with type 54, Turkish , damen opv ??

Unless 6 or so older heli and 6 z9 are considered enough for while navy even after induction of new ships [emoji568]

Back
Top Bottom