What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

@Oscar at the risk of sounding absurd, is there a scenario where Pakistan leverages China's economies-of-scale to develop and construct a small aircraft carrier (and launch with Project Azm fighters?)?

Think 10-15 years from now when we do (or hope) to have a comparatively larger surface fleet to cover (right now: 4 heavy FFG in 054A/P, 8+ medium FFG in Jinnah-class & F-22P, 'many' corvettes incl. Damen and others).
Where will Pak project that power? In order to keep one at sea continuously the PN would need at least 3.

933482030.jpg

Assuming type054, Turkish and Damon ship would need heli so additional z-9 will be ordered? Doubling the total numbers at least

Assuming type054, Turkish and Damon ship would need heli so additional z-9 will be ordered? Doubling the total numbers at least
The PN is open to various options. They'll probably look at replacing the Alouette IIIs and Sea Kings too. I think a AW101 or NH90NFH-class helicopter is possible, albeit in very limited numbers (6-8). Otherwise, Turkish Aerospace told me at IDEAS that the PN spoke to them about the T625 (and Anka UAV).

Would make a lot of sense to go for AW139 like Pak Army and PAF have done. It is ideal Alouette III replacement. Will need something heavier to replace Sea Kings and I agree AW101 is the perfect replacement as can also carry decent number of Commandos. Mixed buy of 6-8 AW139 and 8 AW101 would be ideal.

The PN is open to various options. They'll probably look at replacing the Alouette IIIs and Sea Kings too. I think a AW101 or NH90NFH-class helicopter is possible, albeit in very limited numbers (6-8). Otherwise, Turkish Aerospace told me at IDEAS that the PN spoke to them about the T625 (and Anka UAV).

I was referring to anti sub on ships like z-9ers which is already type in on having multiple types for same purpose is not a good option but aw-139 anti sub version is there ???

Sea king are not going anywhere in next 5-10 years looks like many older version still available plus Spares

I was referring to anti sub on ships like z-9ers which is already type in on having multiple types for same purpose is not a good option but aw-139 anti sub version is there ???

Sea king are not going anywhere in next 5-10 years looks like many older version still available plus Spares
5-10 years isn't a long time ;) ... the PN's new ships (4 054AP, 4 MILGEM, etc) will be in the fleet by 2025.

Back
Top Bottom