What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

PN focused squadrons i.e one squadron of JF17 and other Mirage-V already operational perhaps shall be replaced by JF17 BLOCK-III version in future. They are fully available for naval duties perhaps modernization is the issue now.

First we should check whether our Subs are capable to have Anti air missiles/systems further the Pak Agosta 90s already getting torpedo defence system in on going up grades.

May be you are right but I have never listen this news form any reliable source, many naval officers still says we need some J11b type jets.

After a long time I’m giving you this reply, because I was in search of reliable source that prove your news is correct.

I feel it would be more useful of this forum, if our forces were using this and we were getting direct answer from our forces.

57308947_2078271062220465_572271398253232128_o.jpg

IN is employing P-8 Maritime aircraft which has a version called EP-8 employing ALQ-240, analogous to ALQ-218 of EA-18G. If IN goes for EP-8 version or the pod in future, PN Naval aviation and PAF will have a hard time.

IN is employing P-8 Maritime aircraft which has a version called EP-8 employing ALQ-240, analogous to ALQ-218 of EA-18G. If IN goes for EP-8 version or the pod in future, PN Naval aviation and PAF will have a hard time.
Its already having a hard time. PN is like a coast guard. Sorry to be blunt but that's the reality of messed up policies and strategies.

The new type 054 and Turkish will be getting Chinese asw heli ?? Z9ers or a new type such as Russian medium weight asw as both platforms can support medium weight heli vs f22p which only support lighter types

@Oscar at the risk of sounding absurd, is there a scenario where Pakistan leverages China's economies-of-scale to develop and construct a small aircraft carrier (and launch with Project Azm fighters?)?

Think 10-15 years from now when we do (or hope) to have a comparatively larger surface fleet to cover (right now: 4 heavy FFG in 054A/P, 8+ medium FFG in Jinnah-class & F-22P, 'many' corvettes incl. Damen and others).

@Oscar at the risk of sounding absurd, is there a scenario where Pakistan leverages China's economies-of-scale to develop and construct a small aircraft carrier (and launch with Project Azm fighters?)?

Think 10-15 years from now when we do (or hope) to have a comparatively larger surface fleet to cover (right now: 4 heavy FFG in 054A/P, 8+ medium FFG in Jinnah-class & F-22P, 'many' corvettes incl. Damen and others).
The geopolitical requirements along with any economic resource for it have no chance of existing in the near or long term.

Our power projection is local or limited to the middle east via training.

Back
Top Bottom