What's new

Pakistan & ISRAEL, a possibly close Relationship?

looks too much.
I dont see any such relation in the near future.

BTW - Why Pakistan don't recognize Israel & have relations with her?

1. Is it because they divided territory and created their own country? If yes than Pakistan also did that - isn't it?
2. Is it because they are oppressing Palestinians? If yes than how not having relations is helping Palestine? why Aman ki Asha with India and have diplomatic relations with India?
3. Is it because they conspired against our nuclear program? If yes than again why any sort of relations or trade with India with whom we have 3 wars and Afghanistan who tried to annex our province?
4. Is it because Arabs & Iran? If yes than how it is aligned with our interests?

1. Is it because they divided territory and created their own country? If yes than Pakistan also did that - isn't it?
2. Is it because they are oppressing Palestinians? If yes than how not having relations is helping Palestine? why Aman ki Asha with India and have diplomatic relations with India?
3. Is it because they conspired against our nuclear program? If yes than again why any sort of relations or trade with India with whom we have 3 wars and Afghanistan who tried to annex our province?
4. Is it because Arabs & Iran? If yes than how it is aligned with our interests?

I know these are trick questions and you have the answers.

Because we also have to have impress our arab 'brothers', don't we? :angel:

I know these are trick questions and you have the answers.

Nahi yaar - I really don't have answers for this.

Because we also have to have impress our arab 'brothers', don't we? :angel:

LOL!!! And Arab are ready to coordinate with them whenever it's in their interests. But generally they don't like democratic country near to them that's why they don't make formal relations. Otherwise they can easily mediate between Palestine & Israel.

Possibly Israel is not on our side whatever the wishes are --- peace etc.
We must draw lessons from their bold courageous and all out efforts for their survival against all odds (such as India,USA,Britain,Germany France).Pakistan can afford to live without ISRAEL

There are two view points to accept Israel.

1. Establish diplomatic relations like Egypt, Turkey, Azerbijan and Jordan and pressure them to go for a two state solution and return to the pre 1967 borders.

2. Ask Israel to go the pre 1967 position first and then accept it.

View points against accepting Israel.

1. Never accept Israel as it is an illegitimate state.

2. Use influence to ask Egypt, Turkey and Jordan to withdraw recognition.

What is more realistic?

and who gave you the right to say that Israel is an illegal state .....day wont become night just because you said it

Possibly Israel is not on our side whatever the wishes are --- peace etc.
We must draw lessons from their bold courageous and all out efforts for their survival against all odds (such as India,USA,Britain,Germany France).Pakistan can afford to live without ISRAEL

No doubt Pakistan is living and can live without Israel, but have relations mean we can access their technology (i am not talking about weapons), attract Investments, can negotiate with them to settle Palestine issue.

Pakistan doe not stand to gain much by establishing ties with Israel.

1. No matter what people on this forum like to say. We have been generally supportive of Arabs and have done more for them than was expected of us. No matter what ther governments of Arab countries do, the Arabs themselves are decidedly anti-Israel. Why would we go back on our stated postion and policies? I do not see anything tangible emerging out of it.

2. If anyone thinks that we would be able to influence Israel by establishing relations with them is deluding themselves. Turkey has done a lot for Jews in general. By recognizing Israel they went farther than other Islamic countries, but what have they gained? This special relation did not keep Israeli commandos from killing Turks on Gaza Freedom Flotilla.

3. Seeing Israelis cozy up with India should be a cause for consternation, not appeasement.

4. Arab governments did initiate a proposal for laying terms for recognition of Israel. I distinctly remember King Abdullah hinting about this about ten or so years ago. Nothing came out of it. Israelis were indifferent. Let them come up with something if they feel that they need to be a part of their neighborhood.

5. Israel's support base is the Western world. That ought to give us a bit of an idea how eventually Israelis would come to regard themselves in their neighborhood. State of Israel does not show any signs, but individually some Israelis are pondering about future scenarios. I am not current on Israelis press, but I would bet that the doves are doing their bit and growing in numbers. There is only one future for Israel and that is as a part of Middle East, not an outpost of Western world. The sooner Israel realizes this the better for them, their neighborhood, and for the world at large.

6. This then leads to a scenario as to how we Paksitanis would interact with Israel. If justice be done and sincere peace be made, we would be stupid not to accept realities. Until such time its best to stick to our position. Meanwhile the best we can do regarding Israel is be indifferent.
@LoveIcon, sir your questions are not that simple. One would need to read a lot to attempt to form an opinion. As for practical policy making, its best not to mend something that is not broken (actually non-existant).

Sometimes people compare Pakistan and Israel, but there are a number of falacies that are pushed in such a debate. Thoroughly unappetizing.

Last edited by a moderator:
and who gave you the right to say that Israel is an illegal state .....day wont become night just because you said it

Israel is widely considered as an illegal state. Read history to know why. As for the practicality of maintaining such a view, we are not alone.

Until justice is done, there is no option for Israel but be a pariah state. It can only be considered a viable state if it makes peace with Palestinians and with its neighbors. Until then it would at best be considered an apartheid state which is disliked from East to West. Only millenial Christians high on Eschatological dreams love Israel. And that by itself is a reason for anyone connected to Israel to worry.

Our emotional foreign policy has given us fruits & international humiliation which not even our worst enemies could imagine. Jinnah was motivated by Anti-British sentiments of that time as well the fundo appeasement policy which became cornerstone of Jinnah diplomacy by the time Pakistan came into being. Anyway, no leader is 100% right all the time and it was duty of subsequent governments to play a level role on international platform. Relationship and ties are made as per strategic needs, not out of emotions and sentiments.

Israel is widely considered as an illegal state. Read history to know why. As for the practicality of maintaining such a view, we are not alone.

Until justice is done, there is no option for Israel but be a pariah state. It can only be considered a viable state if it makes peace with Palestinians and with its neighbors. Until then it would at best be considered an apartheid state which is disliked from East to West. Only millenial Christians high on Eschatological dreams love Israel. And that by itself is a reason for anyone connected to Israel to worry.
Hahaha.....yeah i can see which country is more advanced .....which country won the six days war....which country helps even US to make sophisticated arms.....its Isreal ......What Arabs think is not a concern for rest of the world.....

Dude there are several states around the world which are considered illegal and do not enjoy UN membership. Once upon a time Afghans also considered Pakistan an illegal state. The long super power we desperately despise with a love hate relationship was also considered an illegal state once upon a time by then superpower Britain. History and time are constantly evolving and those who tend to keep pace with chance will be successful otherwise they will become history like the aboriginals and red-Indians.

Historical News Fact:
An attempt to establish diplomatic relations with Pakistan and Israel was made in 1947, when Israel's first Prime minister David Ben-Gurion sent a telegram to Jinnah—Pakistan's founder. But Jinnah instead stated, “Every man and woman of the Muslim world will die before Jewry seizes Jerusalem. I hope the Jews will not succeed in their nefarious designs and I wish Britain and America should keep their hand off and then I will see how the Jews conquer Jerusalem. The Jews, over half a million, have already been accommodated in Jerusalem against the wishes of the people. May I know which other country has accommodated them? If domination and exploitation are carried now, there will be no peace and end of wars”.

Refernces:
1-en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel–Pakistan_relations
2-globetribune.info/2012/07/12/pakistan-and-israel-muhammad-ali-jinnah-and-the-jews/
Isreal is good to have friendship with.

Back
Top Bottom