What's new

Pakistan has the Highest Rate of Diabetes Worldwide

FwLZtyEXwAEzaXO

Thanks to the sugar mafia Tareen/Nawaz/Zardari and co .... Sugar should be 5000 rupees per kg in Pakistan.

Sugar DOES NOT cause diabetes. Genetics play a greater role. Sedentary life style and lack of exercise are the other causes. But eating sugary diet may aggravate the disease and cause lots of complications.

Bad diet and inactivity.
Why do you think it was unheard of early generations? Manual labour and good diet.
It could also be that with advancement in medical technology and increased medical access for the populace these numbers are now available to analyze and extrapolate.

Earlier data collection and analysis wasn't possible with the infrastructure available in the subcontinent.

There is no link between drinking tea and black hair. The only way tea will blacken your hair is if you apply it on your hair

Maybe the underlined is true but I don't do it and still my hair is mostly black.

I hope it has been debunked in favour of more drinking

Debunked against.

Many drugs are energy boosters.

And sugar is the healthier among them.

I googled the data, it's true!

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.DIAB.ZS?most_recent_value_desc=true
It shouldn't come as a surprise though.

Yes, it shouldn't come as surprise that a mullah like you wiil believe data from the CIA arm World Bank. :D

It could also be that with advancement in medical technology and increased medical access for the populace these numbers are now available to analyze and extrapolate.

Earlier data collection and analysis wasn't possible with the infrastructure available in the subcontinent.

Sound reasoning, but when you have elder generations not having developed it, and they have lived the latter part of their lives in developed nations with access to medical technology.

Not at all true if that roti is of pure flour with husk intact. If there is a fiber in it that's a healthy choice. When you remove fiber we invite diabetes.
Naans and tandoori rotis made from white refined flour are not healthy and they are less nutritious.

Yes but only we paindus have access to that. You city slickers get the diabetes.

FwLZtyEXwAEzaXO

is this among the middle class? Because the average khaki collar / blue collar people can no longer afford carb rich foods or refined sugar products.

avoid fizzy drink, white refined wheat, meat just eat boiled vegetables or roti and daal drink green tea. you lose so much weight.

Pakistanis still eat like their heavy laborers and farmers that need to wake up at 5am to go to their farm or construction job.

The heavy use of sugar, oil, and ghee needs to stop.
Let me ask you - are hydrogenated fats used a lot?

One trend we started to see here over past 20 years - we saw a lot of processed food starting to show up.

Let me ask you - are hydrogenated fats used a lot?

One trend we started to see here over past 20 years - we saw a lot of processed food starting to show up.
It's still not as bad as Europe or NA, but yeah its starting to pop up in Pakistan, and eventually it'll over take European and NA rates.

It's still not as bad as Europe or NA, but yeah its starting to pop up in Pakistan, and eventually it'll over take European and NA rates.
transfats and ultra processed foods are nothing more than cigarettes and alcohol. the billionaire companies push this agenda.

There are many papers including links to heart disease

transfats and ultra processed foods are nothing more than cigarettes and alcohol. the billionaire companies push this agenda.

There are many papers including links to heart disease
It's why they're so heavily regulated in most of the developed world.

I agree, corporations and billionaires cannot be trusted to hold the public's best interests at heart. Governments need to introduce health and fitness laws globally.

Back
Top Bottom