What's new

Pakistan has the Highest Rate of Diabetes Worldwide

when you main staple is Roti, diabetes will come, poorer are more prune to this disease as they rely 100% on Roti
Not at all true if that roti is of pure flour with husk intact. If there is a fiber in it that's a healthy choice. When you remove fiber we invite diabetes.
Naans and tandoori rotis made from white refined flour are not healthy and they are less nutritious.

so you see everyone in USA eating bread and rice for lunch and dinner, everyday, with chutni or lassi.
broaden up your mind when you read something and think philosophically

Now imagine dinner table in a common Pakistani home (roti + daal or sabzi) roti 90% and rest 10% of meal everyday

now imagine a dinner table in a common U.S. household

now think if you reply is rational.

I am sure your gora friends were getting everything for free?
American diet is one of the most unhealthiest diet known to mankind from breakfast to dinner so I don't think it should be used as an inference point for a good diet

Provided If Roti is from whole-wheat atta, how bad could it be? Everyone in our region eats bread and a whole lot of it too - personally I think it's sugar and oil

Last edited:
Chole bhature, aloo paratha , lassi, vegetable oil?
People in our area are eating channey pathoray, alo paronthay, lassi etc. However for past twenty year chicken fed on feed has become one of our staple diet. In my view there is something really wrong in our diet, food habit. This chicken is basically killing us.

Me and my wife are both diabtetics, i have been diabetic for last 18 years. Interestingly, non in our family (parents, grand parents) has been a diabetic.

Use mustard oil instead. That's the healthiest one , even healthier than the olive oil.
But that mustard oil should be cold pressed we call that kachi ghani in urdu and Punjabi it's called kohlu. Previously it was extracted using animals.
Recently I start eating mustard oil and quit eating a refined so called vegetable oil.
Cold pressed mustard oil is the best oil. Among commercial oils, all are scam. If you look at the cost of ingredients required to produce a litre of oil, it will turn out that it is more than what we pay for the oil. Usually the ratio is 3:1 or 4:1 (3 kilos of raw ingredient like peanut required to produce 1 litre of oil). A pure oil would be very costly in the retail market. The truth is that they are adulterated with palm oils.

I have noticed that maida is very popular in Pakistan. Maybe not so much in homes, but at least outside. This may be one reason for higher diabetes. To digest maida you need to do a lot of physical labour, or include a lot of fibre in your diet

Imagine if our country was rich, with our diets it'll be a bloodbath (for our financial situation, if it already wasn't the case) and a full blown health crisis

I used to say this years ago on PDF.

Cold pressed mustard oil is the best oil. Among commercial oils, all are scam. If you look at the cost of ingredients required to produce a litre of oil, it will turn out that it is more than what we pay for the oil. Usually the ratio is 3:1 or 4:1 (3 kilos of raw ingredient like peanut required to produce 1 litre of oil). A pure oil would be very costly in the retail market. The truth is that they are adulterated with palm oils.

I have noticed that maida is very popular in Pakistan. Maybe not so much in homes, but at least outside. This may be one reason for higher diabetes. To digest maida you need to do a lot of physical labour, or include a lot of fibre in your diet
Actually to get a refined oil it has to go through a bleaching process. That's destroys it's nutritional value plus it adds harmful chemicals in it. Refined oil has no smell,color and taste of its own.
Pure oils from cold pressed methods contain all of it's originality. When I cook in the mustard oil it gives handi a yellowish colour, a distinct taste and aroma.

That's a bullshit statistics chart.
Why there is a big difference in diabetes in India and Pakistan when our diets and living styles are almost the same?

Indeed.

Use mustard oil instead. That's the healthiest one , even healthier than the olive oil.
But that mustard oil should be cold pressed we call that kachi ghani in urdu and Punjabi it's called kohlu. Previously it was extracted using animals.
Recently I start eating mustard oil and quit eating a refined so called vegetable oil.

Actually a doctor told me about two months ago that the cold pressed olive oil is good. I think the Mediterranean people with their olive oil and argan oil are lot more healthy than desi with their new obsession with kachi ghani mustard oil. Also, I find the smell of mustard oil quite unpleasant.

American diet is one of the most unhealthiest diet known to mankind from breakfast to dinner so I don't think it should be used as an inference point for a good diet

I believe desi diet is the unhealthiest. There's not much brain development in desi land.

Cold pressed mustard oil is the best oil. Among commercial oils, all are scam.

Why not ? Baba ji says so :D :
mqdefault.jpg

Sugar in moderation is okay. I read recently that this modern anti-sugar campaign done by Capitalist corporations who promote artificial sweeteners by using thin females like Katrina Kaif, they are doing great harm. No surprise. These companies and their cohort doctors declare that sugar mustn't be taken because it will "increase weight". Now, why should females be thin and unsightly in the first place ? But all this modern Capitalist promotion of gyms, dieting, no sugar, yoga, slimming centers etc are doing harm. Quite a few "fit" Indians have died in recent and there is the "fit" Indian actress Sushmita Sen who got heart attack. But what a fool she is. Right after recovery she has gone back to gymming, exercising, dieiting.

About artificial sweeteners the doctors say that there is increased risk of Type 2 Diabetes and other dangers. So they say that fruits can be a source of natural sugar for the "health conscious".

This "No sugar" campaign is as idiotic as "Drink eight glasses of water a day". Bruce Lee because he was a water addict.

I say, drink tea with moderate sugar. I have at least three mugs of tea a day. Tea good, coffee bad, soft drinks bad, alcohol bad, cigarettes bad. Tea good.

I say, drink tea with moderate sugar. I have at least three mugs of tea a day. Tea good, coffee bad, soft drinks bad, alcohol bad, cigarettes bad. Tea good.

I have given up tea. It causes acidity and is useless anyways.
Alcohol in moderation is good.
Sugar is a drug

Actually a doctor told me about two months ago that the cold pressed olive oil is good. I think the Mediterranean people with their olive oil and argan oil are lot more healthy than desi with their new obsession with kachi ghani mustard oil. Also, I find the smell of mustard oil quite unpleasant.
Olive oil production is less than mustard oil that's the only reason it's expensive.
Most healthy things have a smell or taste issue. Most unhealthy processed things come with a better taste and nice smell but with little to no nutritional value. Choice is all yours.
Best example is broiler chicken Vs organic chicken. Artificial hair gels with harmful chemicals Vs Pure oils I.e mustard, coconut , almond etc.

Last edited:
Tea is good. It keeps my intellect whirring and keeps my hair mostly black where that of some of my acquaintances has gone gray.
There is no link between drinking tea and black hair. The only way tea will blacken your hair is if you apply it on your hair

I think that has been debunked.
I hope it has been debunked in favour of more drinking

It's a simple taste additive and also energy giver.
Many drugs are energy boosters.

FwLZtyEXwAEzaXO

Diabetes is a weapon used to weaken people. The question again which fiendish country created it and unleashed it?

I googled the data, it's true!

It shouldn't come as a surprise though.

1. We are genetically pre-disposed to it. Most of our population lives in the indus basin, we've historically relied on monsoon rains to feed the rivers and the farms in the lands around it. In years where there has not been rain, there would be famine, so our ancestors quickly adapted to be able to store fat quicker when they were doing well, and then they'd use those fat reserves to survive during time of famine. Today Alhamdulillah, we don't face famine (most of us don't), but the ability to quickly store body fat remains, and unless you live an active lifestyle, those higher levels of body fat will eventually lead to diseases, such as diabetes. How many people do you see who are skinny fat? Mostly skinny but have a bit of a belly, or girls without any muscle tone whatsoever. It's pretty common in our society.

2. Our lifestyles have adapted, our diets have not. Nearly 38% of our population is urban. That means sedentary lifestyles. We still eat like we are farming every day and walking for miles. Whilst you are young thats fine, you have spare time, you participate in sports and gym, but how many fat uncles do you know? Those of us with enough money to eat, generally over-eat and eat the wrong kind of food, which leads me onto my next point.

3. Modern processed foods are unhealthier for you. As soon as diabetes is mentioned in Pakistan, roti and rice is the target. If you're eating 5-6 rotis a day and sitting in an office, yes it's very much a problem.

The bigger problem is the processed foods and liquid sweetness. Fizzy drinks, fruit juices, even milkshakes made with fresh fruit. They all contain a lot of sugar, it's in liquid form, our body processes it much quicker (causing insulin spikes), and we consume it in large volumes. Sugar in tea is the same thing. Then also consider the calories you take in whilst eating this stuff. I was in Pakistan for a month last summer and i switched to water and sugar free drinks. The coke was causing my gums to hurt it was that sweet.

Next thing to consider is desserts. Sweets, biscuits, desserts are meant to be occasional treats, but i don't think anyone goes a day without eating something sweet. This is the sort of excess that wears our bodies down.

Finally the sugar we use is highly processed, it breaks down into our body much quicker. The same with the oil we use to cook with. Ghur and desi ghee are much healthier, but they are harder to produce on mass scale so we have these unhealthy common alternatives. My sister is a diabetes and she wore a continious glucose monitor, She found ghur and clarified butter (ghee) spiked her blood sugar levels much less than refined sugar did and food cooked in vegetable oil/butter.

In the month i was in Pakistan, i lost about 6kg, despite eating roti and rice 3 times a day, spending my time sat around or driving, hiding in the AC or under fans, eating fast food, drinking fizzy drinks, milkshakes, sweet lassi. I had to avoid spicy food for a week due to a bug, but generally i ATE. Despite that i lost 6kg. Why? Because the atta was wholemeal, organic, from our own farm, same with the rice, vegetables, spices, everything - organic. Even the meat was reared eating grass not feed. The majorit of my meals were organic, and i lost weight.

----------------

It's very hard to do, but we must cut out as many processed foods as possible, keep sweet items as a once a week treat, eat smaller portions (follow the sunnah) and MOVE more. Movement is the biggest thing lacking in our modern urban lives - thats why diabetes gets us.

Back
Top Bottom