What's new

Pakistan has the Highest Rate of Diabetes Worldwide

gosht kasaa bara bakraa ta das roti ta sugar ki chai. fir pojero chalao exercise hu ga.

I'm more surprised USA isn't in the top 5. Also a peculiar observation, 8 out of the top 10 countries are Muslim majority nations. Could there be any effect of fasting in the sampling data?

food is not grown organically but sprayed gmo etc plus added sugar.

Diabetes is a disease of the rich and well fed. Pakistanis are khate peetey log. @RiazHaq

Regards

I think it has more to do with unbalanced diet.

The issue of rising incidence of diabetes is now creating awareness about eating habits.

Pakistanis are eating more and healthier foods, according to the Economic Survey of Pakistan 2021-22. Per capita average daily calorie intake in Pakistan has jumped to 2,735 calories in FY 2021-22 from 2,457 calories in 2019-20. The biggest contributor to it is the per capita consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables which soared from 53.6 Kg to 68.3 Kg, less than half of the 144 Kg (400 grams/day) recommended by the World Health Organization. Healthy food helps cut disease burdens and reduces demand on the healthcare system. Under former Prime Minister Imran Khan's leadership, Pakistan succeeded in achieving these nutritional improvements in spite of surging global food prices amid the Covid19 pandemic.

Look at column 4. Your data suggests the same that Pakistan is at the very top.

Sugary soft drinks (regular coke, sprite, Fanta is really popular), sugary foods, lack of exercise, diets high in carbohydrates (rice, naan, roti) etc. are all culprits.

Yaar - calories be damned!

Metformin and Crestor Zindabad !!

Paya, Nehari and Boti Kabab FTW.....

ID-R00157-4.jpg

Top it off with the some delicious Pakola. 8-)

when you main staple is Roti, diabetes will come, poorer are more prune to this disease as they rely 100% on Roti

when you main staple is Roti, diabetes will come, poorer are more prune to this disease as they rely 100% on Roti
This is such a bad take considering staple diet world over is either bread or rice

When the only pleasures in life that are "Halal" is food, then you will get a society that focus the best tasting food they can get. Unfortunately, best tasting also means unhealthy.
We literally eat deep fried sugars.
I will say, I took my gora friends to Pakistan, and these people had already traveled 100 countries, and they say that by far Pakistan had the best overall food.
Everything we had was amazing.

Pakistanis still eat like they're heavy laborers and farmers that need to wake up at 5am to go to their farm or construction job.

The heavy use of sugar, oil, and ghee needs to stop.

Last edited:
This is such a bad take considering staple diet world over is either bread or rice

so you see everyone in USA eating bread and rice for lunch and dinner, everyday, with chutni or lassi.
broaden up your mind when you read something and think philosophically

Now imagine dinner table in a common Pakistani home (roti + daal or sabzi) roti 90% and rest 10% of meal everyday

now imagine a dinner table in a common U.S. household

now think if you reply is rational.

When the only pleasures in life that are "Halal" is food, then you will get a society that focus the best tasting food they can get. Unfortunately, best tasting also means unhealthy.
We literally eat deep fried sugars.
I will say, I took my gora friends to Pakistan, and these people had already traveled 100 countries, and they say that by far Pakistan had the best overall food.
Everything we had was amazing.

I am sure your gora friends were getting everything for free?

North Korea ??? How did this infographic access data from North Korea ?
That's a bullshit statistics chart.
Why there is a big difference in diabetes in India and Pakistan when our diets and living styles are almost the same?

The heavy use of sugar, oil, and ghee needs to stop.
Use mustard oil instead. That's the healthiest one , even healthier than the olive oil.
But that mustard oil should be cold pressed we call that kachi ghani in urdu and Punjabi it's called kohlu. Previously it was extracted using animals.
Recently I start eating mustard oil and quit eating a refined so called vegetable oil.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom