What's new

Pakistan got latest radar syestem from america

armyoptimist

Reaction score
Islamabad, April 7 (Xinhua) The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) said Monday that it has got the latest generation of American radar system. The TPS-77 radars from Lockheed Martin Corporation “incorporate the state-of-the-art technology and belong to the latest generation,” said a PAF statement.

The TPS-77 radars, handed over to the PAF at a ceremony in southern Pakistani city of Karachi, have the capability to provide valley coverage and long-range detection capabilities.

“With the induction of these systems, Pakistan will have the capability to curb the drug traffickers’ unrestricted movement into the borders from its neighbouring countries,” the statement added.
Xinhua

yeap, that it is,
here you go:
AN/TPS-77 Tactical Transportable Radar System (TPS-77)
Easy to transport and deploy, the Lockheed Martin AN/TPS-77 all-solid-state, 3-D long-range surveillance radar meets today’s expeditionary forces’ needs for performance and reliability. It provides superior long-range detection, especially in weather and clutter, and 360-degree azimuth coverage.

Field commanders can count on accurate target data at ranges up to 250 nautical miles and elevations up to 100,000 feet from a radar that can operate 24 hours a day, even with no on-site personnel. Simplified logistics and remote maintenance-monitoring capabilities reduce contribute to low cost of ownership. The system’s sophisticated performance monitoring and fault location system automatically recalibrates the radar to adjust for changes in the environment and component failures.

The AN/TPS-77 offers the proven features of its sister products, the AN/TPS-59(V)3 and the AN/FPS-117. Other features include:

1.Solid-state, active phased array
2.Superior performing L-band operation
3.Modular, commercial-off-the-shelf components
4.Advanced pencil-beam architecture
5.Simplified maintenance
6.99.7% operational availability
AN/TPS-77 Tactical Transportable Radar System | Lockheed Martin

now dont you forget to hit the thanks button ;)
regards!

Last edited:
infact the story have its roots deep back in 2005:

The AN/TPS-77, formerly known as the TPS-117, is a mobile, active phased array, long range, L-band, 3D solid-state radar designed to perform airspace surveillance missions. It shares about 80-90% Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and maintenance activity with the AN/FPS-117 fixed position radar system, and similar performance than the FPS-117 and the TPS-59 radars. The TPS-77 incorporates COTS technology.

The TPS-77 radar can be deployed in a single C-130 and by only two medium trucks. It can be operated by a crew of 6 and set up can be done in less than 30 minutes. The radar system provides detection and tracking against targets ranges out to 280 miles (+450 km) and at elevations up to 100,000-ft (30,000).

On August 23, 2004, the US Air Force awarded Lockheed-Martin a $14.7 million contract for the supply of a second AN/TPS-77 transportable radar system for the Pacific Alaska Range Complex, the largest supersonic training area in the United States. The Air Force will control the two radars remotely from Eielson Air Force Base in Fairbanks. The radar system will be supplied with a straight-forward software upgrade that enables tactical ballistic missile tracking. The radar was deployed in September 2006.

On 31 May 2005, the Royal Danish Air Force awarded Lockheed-Martin a $40 million contract for the supply of two long range TPS-77 transportable radar systems along with logistics services for a four years period. These radars were aimed at improving air surveillance over Denmark and surrounding seas. By default, these two systems will be stationed at fixed sites.

In early November 2005 the US Air Force awarded Lockheed Martin an $89 million contract for the production and delivery of six long range AN/TPS-77 transportable radar systems to Pakistan. The TPS-77 military items were provided to Pakistan under the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program. TPS-77s were ordered in support of Pakistan's air defense operations.
Specifications

Accommodation: Crew 6

Performance: Ceiling 30,500 m (100,066 ft), Max Range 250 nautical mile (), SetUp Time 30 min

AN/TPS-77 / TPS-117, TPS-B34

regards!

i think this is not the first one of its kind and we must have already got two or three. a total of 6 radars were ordered:

again a report from 2005
The U.S. Air Force awarded Lockheed Martin an $89 million contract to provide six long-range transportable radar systems for Pakistan.
Under the foreign military sale contract, Lockheed Martin will provide the mobile radar systems; support equipment; spare and repair parts; publications and technical data; personnel training and equipment; and logistical support services.
"The new radars will provide more responsive and timely information for Pakistani air defense operations, and the mobility of the AN/TPS-77 will also allow Pakistan to quickly redeploy the systems as needed," said James Fosnaugh, Lockheed Martin's director for Ground Based Radar.

The AN/TPS-77 is the latest configuration of the world's most successful three-dimensional (3-D) solid-state radar design, the AN/FPS-117. This L-band, tactical radar provides continuous high-quality 3-D surveillance on air targets at ranges out to 280 miles and at elevations up to 100,000 feet. Including these six radars now under contract, 33 AN/TPS-77 radar sets have been produced to date. In addition, there are 127 AN/FPS-117 systems (the fixed land-based version) operational in 14 countries. Many have operated for years in remote areas, completely unmanned and in a wide range of operational environments. On Tuesday, Lockheed rose 4 cents to $59.72.

i nice addition to PAF old systems, i guess we have got a good number of new latest generation of land-based radars. i hope we get some SAM systems now to make up a potential land based air defence system!!:partay:

regards!

no thanks for you i read these long time before:lol:

oh no sir, i never siad that i wrote all this. rather it was a typical pakistan student assignment "copy cut paste" :D
all i did is verified the news by refering old reports. infact i have mentioned that they all date back to 2005.:agree:
well however yor response is always as important as the tab at thnaks button sir!! :smitten:

regards!

I think we got this radar back in 2008.
induction of tps-77 radar in pakistan airforce video clip

Pic of Radar

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom