What's new

The increasing Might of IAF: From a PAF perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1965 India came to capture lahore.
Pakistan defended itself successfully. So Pakistan won the match. That's it.

BS. In 1965 Indians were scratching their heads wondering just WTF you guys were doing. Turns out we'd have opportunity to do that several more times in the coming decades.

BS. In 1965 Indians were scratching their heads wondering just WTF you guys were doing. Turns out we'd have opportunity to do that several more times in the coming decades.

And I here am scratching my head, WTF are you trying to say....

We'll see how many times you get the opportunity to do 'that' in the coming decades; what ever the hell 'that' is.

@President Man in 1965 India last around 120 Air crafts While Pak lost 18 Now who had upper hand ? Well this sums up pretty much for the numeric loses

@President Man in 1965 India last around 120 Air crafts While Pak lost 18 Now who had upper hand ? Well this sums up pretty much for the numeric loses
Wader Sir 1965-1971 is not the thtreads topic here but even if we take that into account

now the war were done but the questions still remain why did pakistan intiated these wars and what it got in return

Pakistan objective= to get so called maqbooza kashmir from india

what pakistan got

1.was baerli bale to defend its second most Imp city(lahore)

2.in events after war of 1965 US started looking with suspicion towards paksitan but cold war gave a breather to pakistan

3.in 1971 the lessons indian learned from 1965 were used affectiveli while india was able to divide pakistan and 90000 of its beurocrats, soldiers and army, airforce & naval officers surrendered which gave a great humilition to pak fauj and even to this day they wow to avenge it

4.things were getting normal before 1965 war between india and pakistan and who knows we might have had great trade and cultural relations but one mans idiocity made the genrations pay for it

5.last but not the least stalemate of 1965 made huge differnces on both sides and doors for normal relationship were shut forever while a new breed of hate orinted foriegn and defnce policy followed in minds of both establishments which filtered down to beurocracy to genral publick

so my friends dont talk about history as it seves no purpose as pakistani establishment never learned any lessons and kept on repeating it mistakes of whos paybacks are pakistanies gettong even to this day in form of relegeous hate , sectarniaism ,lawlessness , american hegemony , terrorism, kalshnikov culture , drugs and wht not

while india also got burns from it but not at the level of pakistan whos whole socio-economick and socio-relegeous set up was dewastated and instead of tolrant sufism culture a more agressive whabism and salafism took centre stage ..to the level that the ahmedies(becuase of whome pakistan got punjab from unionists) were made second rate citizens in there own land same for shias

so tell me pakistani freinds what did pakistan got in return from its misadveture in 1965 ...please mods forgive me for some of the off topic remarks but they were necessarry

now lets talk about IAF Vs PAF

in cold war era (1965-1971wars& afghan -USSR war) PAF had full support of USA and got free supplies that too latest both in terms of material (latest wepons, planes)as well as training and that showed in its supremecy over IAF as at that time india was still likking its wounds from 1962 humiliation and its economy was in tatters while there was a very serious fod shortage

now fast forward it to world after 1990 when USA had abondend the pakistan as it was more pre occupied with poaching russian /soviet scientist and controlling stray russian neukes getting into wrong hands at this time it slapped sanctions on pakistan and PAF was hit badli while since earli 1990s india started building its new economy and spend its money on M2K & MIG 29 to counter PAFs F16 and went ahead for more potent radars and counter masures + BVRs+ USA became more apprehensive of Pakistan after kargil misadveture & israel came along to help India + later IAF went for SU30MKI in last part of 20th century

now comes earli 21st century indian economy started blossoming which helped it have more money for better wepons + israeli help + USA plans to contain china helped india get into some of the elite clubs like NSG and paved way to get owt of the Tech aparthaid

now for the future since pakistan is in a great mess both in terms of internal safety and economy and cant afford more than a few squads oh JF17 and some chinese & swedish AWACS+ a couple air to air refulers while its trasnport flet need serious attention of any cards while india is still stuck with its stubborn and criminl beurocracy and red tapeism which is delaying its war preparidness but has a bright future

with IAF getting ready to get 100+ LCA (MK1&2), 126 Rafale as MMRCA . some 150 FGFA +latest indian french and israeli ASEA based Ground, aerostat&airborne radrs backed by a wide variety of latest Sams like akash , maitri, barak MR & LR and yashodhar and spyder SAM systems + around 10-20 C17 +equal nos of C130Js and some 50-60 indo-russian MRTA for transport

while its Naval Air arm will get some 45 MIG 29 K fighters along with 10-16 P8I ASW paltforms & 2 new CBGs+ dedecated bunch of Phalcon AWACS

so there is no way PAF can do anything to challenge IAF in coming decade and the next but good luck for future Pakistan/PAF

In 10 years time I believe IAF will be real force, miles ahead of PAF provided the bureaucracy and red-tapism doesn't screw it up

IAF getting ready to get 100+ LCA (MK1&2), 126 Rafale as MMRCA . some 150 FGFA
We will talk about these when India induct these
Till PAF can easily defends its space,Bcz if you look at past India always gets a expsnive toy and Pak finds a cheap and effective way to counter it thats what keep india on its bay

Wader Sir 1965-1971 is not the thtreads topic here but even if we take that into account
He started i just gave him answer

now the war were done but the questions still remain why did pakistan intiated these wars and what it got in return
Pakistan started Friend on
1 1947 indian forces occupied kashmir
2 1965 Indian forces infiltrated pakistani area Even BBC broadcasted the News where they Said Indian forces are invading Pakistani boarder
3 in 1971 it was pakistan who was giving weapons and training and money to mukhtibani ?
List goes on and on So My suggestion to you is go and read for your self this all is the part of history can try some neutral writers

We will talk about these when India induct these
Till PAF can easily defends its space,Bcz if you look at past India always gets a expsnive toy and Pak finds a cheap and effective way to counter it thats what keep india on its bay

He started i just gave him answer

Pakistan started Friend on
1 1947 indian forces occupied kashmir
2 1965 Indian forces infiltrated pakistani area Even BBC broadcasted the News where they Said Indian forces are invading Pakistani boarder
3 in 1971 it was pakistan who was giving weapons and training and money to mukhtibani ?
List goes on and on So My suggestion to you is go and read for your self this all is the part of history can try some neutral writers
well sir about the first point India has already done a deal for 250 FGFA/PAKFA w worth 30 billion dollars already with Russia so no going back there we will egt them as soon as they come yes the single seat version will be more than the indian specified ones with indian+israeli and french content as for LCA already 100 GE 414 engienes are on order+ as per some roumours the same ammount of israeli ASEA and french HMS+ a few more Indo-Israeli EWb goodies so we will get 100 + LCA MK2 as for rafale i guess that deal might just might get thru as nagociations are in last stages

now about 1947war well you could have easli got the full kashmir with UN/US backing had your establishment being a little patient

as for 1965 wwell u inflitrated and got your self whipped thinking indians wont retaliate but they did and china dint help you and your feild marshel had to run to tashkent to save your face so in short you poked us but came on verge of loosing your second biggest city ...well almost

now about 1971 lesser the said the better ..your feudal army tried to bully bengalies on racist grounds and milked there industry to strenthen west pakistans defences aginst india totalli ignoaring bengalies of which they got irritated and revolted to make them happy you looted , killed and raped millions of hindus there which led to a massive exodose from bangladesh but when indian army came 93000 of your soldiers/officers surrendered meakli after just 12 days of fighting

now tell me what did you realli achivev instead of "Blunders , punders and surrenders"..SIR

Fireurimagination is correct about one thing

The Potemtial for IAF to become a enormously powerful air power that dominate a future indo pak war is very possible within 10 years.

This is not haviing a go at PAF or the PAK govt the reality is that INDIA has enormous options in suppliers & tech access and MUCH bigger infact multiple times the finances to make it happen.

TO DATE indian red tape and politics has stopped this happening AND Pakistan WILL HOPE this continues ie india,s lack in decision making and red continues to plague MMRCA and TEJAS programmes and will delay FGFA too.

This alone KEEPS IAF V PAF ration to below 2-1 on overall capability..

That ratio is sufficient to keep IAF at bay over PAK SPACE in a limited war

IAF has unimited funds compared to PAF and we have a potent force, IAF is a might to reckon but the BS red tape India has is astonishing. We have the same mindset of our sub continent people, corruption is seen as an opportunity, so the more the money the more corruption, red tape BS and delays. Hence India's long time in taking decisions.

First time posting here and Jeez don't know where to start
Served in US navy for 4 years and i would like to put my 2 cents into the conversation since originally from Pakistan
First of all everyone here mentioning who won the war of 65 or 71 should just go kill themselves because as a soldier or commanding officer's point of view War history is read about and understood to examine strategy by which both sides used their resources on hand to out wit the other side. Anyone who has ever been in a combat of any kind can tell you that War is nothing but bloodshed and waste of valuable resources and human lives on both ends
As for the IAF compare to PAF no doubt IAF has taken the history and understood it and used it to make them selves better over time
I have heard about IAF pilots making US top guns run for their money and that is only achievable with training and equipment that is available to IAF pilots (to be honest congrats)
As for PAF ohh boy ... Yes you have sanctions, yes you have limited funds but face the reality don't start gloating away about JF 17 like its an F22 because its not even F16
Sanctions were there when Hitler took over Germany and start building the might of German army and air force now did they go to Russia and said hey lend us the technology or let us buy it? or did they go to Britain or any other country nooooooo they did it themselves (lets leave the BS related to WW2 out of this i am just talking about the manufacturing of mass armor, tanks, and planes)
Why not start your own system.... start to end production line for a fighter jet ?
Whatever do What Chinese do..reverse engineer
But point is that you have the capability you have the knowledge and smart minds that can get this done you have sanctions over buying weapons not on raw goods? so make your own thing
now that being said "make your own thing" make the plane but think of future think about what your needs are going to be in future not in past
Agree with me or not there is nothing better for a country and its self defense than its self reliant on inventions and manufacturing

indians are just not warriors. They just don't have the fighting spirit. Throughout history, Islamic Forces ripped through india..

Even in modern times, smaller Pakistani forces hammered larger indian forces on ground, and specially in the air....

and when indians faced their equals in numbers..The Chinese...they just got humiliated and they put down their arms and let chinese run over them..

So in this regard, I see no problem PAF defending Pakistani Air Space and keeping iaf at the bay. PAF already did that in 2008...

I wish Pakistan was neighbor of Israel. PAF F-16s vs IDAF F-16s...now THAT would be some awesome battle to see...indians are just too weak, without any backbone of a 'man' ! Its quite boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom