What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Turkish AESA could be a good fit for PAF F16s. Well I guess Uncle ..... won't interfere in it.
The US will have something to say about it. Best case scenario, the US would prefer that US companies get the subsystem contracts for any Pakistani F-16 upgrade, assuming even that comes to pass...

That said, the Turkish AESA project could be interesting for Project Azm and future JF-17 variants.

The US will have something to say about it. Best case scenario, the US would prefer that US companies get the subsystem contracts for any Pakistani F-16 upgrade, assuming even that comes to pass...

That said, the Turkish AESA project could be interesting for Project Azm and future JF-17 variants.
SABR AESA by Grumans

is that radar cone on JF-17 same size with f-16? can f16 radar fit into that aircraft without modification?

That is exactly correct; there is no reason why you cannot pursue your own path;

hello guys, is there any active thread for PAF modelling (scale models of aircraft)?
if yes then please provide link, i will move below post to that thread...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had this made in china toy of F-16. I thought of coloring it into a new look...

please visit for more...https://www.chetansindiaspaceflight.com/2019/01/my-airspace-craft-rocket-model_21.html

(old look)
View attachment 535639 View attachment 535640

(new look)
View attachment 535637 View attachment 535638
Looks good. Great job!

A great point. The simple fact is that to rapidly progress its economy and manufacturing (especially defense manufacturing) Pakistan needs a fast injection of knowhow and technology. That needs to occur on two fronts.

1. Buying IP rights to tech or platforms or ToT (example, Turkey acquiring mangusta IP amd developimg Atak or Pakistan buying MILGEM IP to, in the future, develop Jinnah). The IP and/or complete ToT should be bouggt with every acquisition, including subsystems and components, with in-house manufacturing and support facilities set up by GoP and the source provider. Joint ventures to be done in variety of fields including aeronautics, propulsion, metallurgy, and engineering.

2. Send people out to other countries for advanced degrees (Medical residency, PhD, MS, Etc) on Govt. Dime with contracts ready to return to work in Pakistan on completion of training/education (clause for those who refuse to return to fulfill their obligations that they will need to repay the debt of their training/education in full and with penalty or risk govt seizing assets to cover debt).

The Gulf countries do this and have agreements with many top tier university medical centers to train their new grad physicians (ie do their residency in the US with X number of spots reserved for their citizens with the salaries paid for by their home country).

On point 2: Aren't students being sent to China for Post Graduate degrees ?

While that is good, you need to send them to other countries as well, especially countries where innovation occurs (USA, UK, Germany, Japan, France, Russia, South Korea, Canada, etc). The development of the thought process is as important as the facts you learn. China has a strong history of assimilating tech and then developing on it. But creating from scratch is still in its infancy there, although with all things China, I expect it to grow rapidly.

Dont.want to derail this thread or anything but remember no matter which country you send students for their MS or PhD unless and until you provide them with the facilities required here those degrees will be completely useless...

A turkish AESA on Azm would certainly change the equation to a great extent.

okBULhF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom