What's new

Pakistan declines to join Saudi Arabia's anti-Iran alliance

Muslim nations call us Pakistanis naive when we talk about uniting the Ummah. But InshaAllah, i am hopeful that one day we will achieve that. And once the Ummah is united, the world will tremble.

Pakistan has a long standing policy. We will not intervene in a conflict between two Muslim states. Not joining such an alliance by no means we have picked Iran over SA.
Not just muslim states. Pakistan has that policy on all issues between any states, minus palestine/israel.

excuse me sir who are you ?! are you the government of Pakistan spokesmen ? your own forign minister never even said anything close to what you are saying.
Here is the official Govt statement by Foreign office:
“Pakistan always stood for the unity of the Muslim Ummah. We do not look at Muslim Ummah through sectarian, racial or ethnic prism.”

Pakistan backs Ummah’s unity without sectarian or racial considerations: FO - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

That said, Pakistan will not tolerate anyone daring to attack KSA. We are still allies.

If Iran does the work themselves to destabilize their neighbours on the Western side then why doesn't Saudi destabilize them alone instead of relying support?

They have the toys and ranked #1 buyer of US weapons. Makes no sense.

Tough pick between Iran and SA, both sides are ruled by batsh*t crazy mullahs.

Pakistan declines to join Saudi Arabia's anti-Iran alliance
Saudi Arabia's campaign to build a broad Sunni alliance to contain Iran has apparently suffered at least a setback from Pakistan. Islamabad has opted, at least for now, to avoid becoming entangled in the sectarian cold war between Riyadh and Tehran.
Earlier this month, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was invited to the kingdom for urgent talks with King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud and his advisers. The king met Sharif at the airport to underscore the importance of the talks. The main topic was Iranian aggression in the Arab world and the impending deadline for the P5+1 negotiations on Iran's nuclear project. The king wanted firm assurances from Sharif that Pakistan would align itself with Saudi Arabia and its Sunni Arab allies against Iran, especially in the proxy war now underway in Yemen.

Salman specifically wanted a Pakistani military contingent to deploy to the kingdom to help defend the vulnerable southwest border with Zaydi Houthi-controlled north Yemen and serve as a trip-wire force to deter Iranian aggression. There is precedent for a Pakistani army expeditionary force in Saudi Arabia. After the Iranian Revolution, Pakistani dictator Mohammad Zia ul-Haq deployed an elite Pakistani armored brigade to the kingdom at King Fahd's request to deter any threats to the country. In all, some 40,000 Pakistanis served in the brigade over most of a decade. Today only some Pakistani advisers and experts serve in the kingdom.

According to Pakistani sources, Sharif has reluctantly decided not to send troops to Saudi Arabia for now. Sharif promised closer counterterrorism and military cooperation but no troops for the immediate future. Pakistan also declined to move its embassy in Yemen from Sanaa to Aden as the Saudis and the Gulf Cooperation Council states have done to distance themselves from the Houthis.

The Pakistanis are arguing their military is already overstretched facing the traditional enemy, India, and the increasing threat from the Pakistani Taliban. Pakistan has its own serious sectarian tensions and violence. About 20% of Pakistanis are Shiite and sectarian violence has been intensifying in recent years. Groups linked to al-Qaeda such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi have targeted Shiite mosques and schools for suicide bombings. Iran also has proxies in Pakistan that have attacked Sunni targets in the past. Faced with these difficulties at home, Sharif is telling Salman not now for troops.

Sharif is by nature a cautious man and a very deliberate decision-maker. He is carefully leaving open the option of deploying troops to the kingdom in the future if the security situation gets worse. He will also be clear with the king that Pakistan remains a close Saudi ally. The ambiguous and mysterious Pakistani nuclear connection with Saudi Arabia will remain in the background.

The king has doubled down on his Egyptian connection this month. Crown Prince Muqrin pledged $4 billion in investment in Egypt at the Sharm al-Sheikh conference this week, and Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates each pledged the same. But Egypt, too, is reluctant to send troops, especially for operations around Yemen. Egyptians still have bitter memories of their disastrous intervention in Yemen in the 1960s. Ironically, the Egyptians then were fighting Saudi-backed Zaydi royalists.

So for now Saudi Defense Minister Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the king's son, will have to plan on dealing with Houthi threats on the border alone with Saudi troops. They have not fared well in past clashes with the Houthis.

Pakistan declines to join Saudi Arabia's anti-Iran alliance - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

I think now KSA, UAE might be looking to throw away Pakistanis and give jobs to the locals :)

are you hallucinating ?! are you high on drugs ?! where did i ever approve such sick acts or said it represents pure islam ??!!! whats wrong with you ?
the guy is implying that such teachings come out of saudi. and we have an invisible secret sect of islam called wahhabisim. im asking him to show me proof that we approve of such sick acts. or even more importantly please expose this wahhabi sect cuz in every debate they bring it up and run. im asking him for proof. show me his books and what page does he approve of such sick acts or a page that has innovation in islam. actually i asked for a line not a page.
so please understand before you talk

Given the influences of Arabia-Iranian causing sectarian violence in the ME and Asia, but that section of Islam comes with this baggage already promoting harsher interpretation which does contradict Islam in many ways as the ideology of Islam is meant to be peaceful, tolerant, equality as practiced by the oldest section of Islam as well as attested by the last sermon of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stating No Arab is superior to black and No black is superior to Arab.

It is time you put your hatred for Persian aside and find middle ground in this popular conflict, Sunni-Shia/Arabian-Persians. Enough is enough!

Time to act like Muslim more and less Arabian/Persian. Just in case if you have forgotten what it means to be Muslim, true Muslims don't hate anyone such as Shia/Ahmedhiya/Jews/Zionist/Persians/Black. Equality is part of the Islam. Start embracing true sense of Islam, not certain sect of Islam that never practiced by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and His Companions (R.A), which in today's world is popular for promoting harsher interpretation, soft-corner for terrorists aka khawarij and known for sectarian violence in all over the ME.

Your reaction does indicate somewhat disapproval on Pakistan taking neutral's stand for the sake of unity. Pakistan is aware of the Iran too. Don't worry about it.

KSA one of the most politically and socially backwards countries around. Why should Pakistan join sides for a select "royal" family which has been actively spreading its "liberal" values which has killed many Pakistanis.

this report is full of BS and the funny thing how some ppl here take it seriously haha i know it gives you comfort. but sorry to disappoint you not true.

for the arabs hear read this article. it will explain the paranoia going on here. from iranians and some pakistanies who are not aware of their own government past statements :coffee:

توجس إيراني من التحالف السعودي الباكستاني

Yet you are the same guy who believes unsourced reports that Pakistan will give nukes to KSA in the face of further sanction and reprecussions and against USA.

WikiLeaks Reveals Saudi Arabia's Role in Pakistani Affairs - TIME They royals sending their love. Look how Saudis felt about Zardari solely due to his background.

Last edited:
KSA one of the most politically and socially backwards countries around. Why should Pakistan join sides for a select "royal" family which has been actively spreading its "liberal" values which has killed many Pakistanis.

Infact saudi see all with one eye. When america can come from thousands of mile away and fight for saudi. why not cheap militaries ? the whole world knows that saudi pays and usa fights. usa fought the most expensive wars on behalf of saudis.

Pakistan does not want but it is Saudi that infact trying to hire Pakistan as her bodyguard. God save Pakistan from the wrath of the kings.

Infact saudi see all with one eye. When america can come from thousands of mile away and fight for saudi. why not cheap militaries ? the whole world knows that saudi pays and usa fights. usa fought the most expensive wars on behalf of saudis.

Pakistan does not want but it is Saudi that infact trying to hire Pakistan as her bodyguard. God save Pakistan from the wrath of the kings.

KSA can't even help their opposition in syria. They are used and discarded but I ultimately fear influence on society. Pakistan is still relatively free and liberalish for the rich at least but a hardline military dictator (they sort of people the saudi royals have high affinity for) could impose further strict laws. Then everyone will think like the average saudi on PDF!

is this another thread? what become of the thread where someone posted history of Iranian attacks on Pakistani military patrols?

Where is official statement from Pakistan? and Why Egypt army cannot help Saudi Arabia at border of Yemen, if we presume this was the objective!!!

OP is total illogical, baseless. Whereas Iran is bharti ally and Pakistan must make counter alliance with regional states.

My opinion... some people daydream due to some unknown Saudi fear!

is this another thread? what become of the thread where someone posted history of Iranian attacks on Pakistani military patrols?

Where is official statement from Pakistan? and Why Egypt army cannot help Saudi Arabia at border of Yemen, if we presume this was the objective!!!

OP is total illogical, baseless. Whereas Iran is bharti ally and Pakistan must make counter alliance with regional states.

My opinion... some people daydream due to some unknown Saudi fear!

You didn't get the Official statement, i have it right here!!!!!!!!!!!!

middle-finger.jpg

Back
Top Bottom