What's new

Pakistan Day Celebrated In NASDAQ

Top 5 annual profit returning market year over year. You can check on Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, etc, etc. Here is an older article for you to read:

Well its about time given the low market cap of KSE and its potential. Took way too long, but I guess better late than never and it needs to sustain for a very long time to get to a market cap and volume that is a major one in Asia.

There are lot of issues that affect me as person from Indian subcontinent, Pakistan's economy is not one of them. Quote me if it were on Kashmir, terrorism or Pakistan's defence.

You are posting here aren't you? :P

Thanks for tagging me here @Viper0011. So good to see Times Square awash with Green.

And yes you're right in that the growing traction Pakistan is visibly getting in financial corridors of US signals an era of broader investment/ inflows for Pakistani economy from private sector in US. If the stability in current trends (economic, political, and security) in Pakistan continues, coupled with the implementation of few structural reforms in key sectors, we can expect to see the mammoth of Pakistani economy emerging in a few years.

Well its about time given the low market cap of KSE and its potential. Took way too long, but I guess better late than never and it needs to sustain for a very long time to get to a market cap and volume that is a major one in Asia.

Actually, it won't be more than three more years when it reaches over a trillion in volume. It has grown insanely year over year since the current Pakistani government took over 4 years ago. It quadrupled in size and investments from 9000+ points to over 40,000 + points with 700 billion volume. That's when the country has a lot of challenges. If you do a straight forward math, you'd know once the challenges are over, this market might quadruple again in 4 years, meaning it would grow well over a trillion in size!!

Actually, it won't be more than three more years when it reaches over a trillion in volume. It has grown insanely year over year since the current Pakistani government took over 4 years ago. It quadrupled in size and investments from 9000+ points to over 40,000 + points with 700 billion volume. That's when the country has a lot of challenges. If you do a straight forward math, you'd know once the challenges are over, this market might quadruple again in 4 years, meaning it would grow well over a trillion in size!!

Its market capitalisation was 72 billion USD on July 10, 2015.

In July 2013, it was around 52.7 billion USD

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/07/economist-explains-19

In july 2011, it was around 35 billion USD

This is good growth for sure but I don't see it hitting a trillion dollar market cap in 4 years.....much less volume which stands right now at 12 billion. Or maybe you are talking about it in terms of PKR?

In 4 years time, it may be around 200 - 240 billion USD market cap at best (assuming 30% y.o.y growth)

You can see where that puts it in the world:

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-stock-exchanges-by-size/

all-the-worlds-exchanges.png

So a really long way to go for the KSE give all the time it has been idling. But at least its on a good gear right now.

NASDAQ hosts Pakistani Independence Day with Ambassador Dr. Maleeha Lodhi as Chief Guest of Pakistan

ADVISORY, Aug. 24, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --

Dr. Maleeha Lodhi Ambassador to Pakistan's Mission to the United Nations, as Chief Guest of Pakistan American Business Association (PABA) will visit the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square to commemorate Pakistan's 70th Independence Day.

In honor of the occasion Ambassador Lodhi will ring the Closing Bell. Where:

Nasdaq MarketSite - 4 Times Square - 43rd & Broadway - Broadcast Studio

View attachment 328978

This is pretty darn cool....tells you all about the next big economy of the world and where American investors are headed towards. This is the second time in the past 12 months that Dr. Lodhi has either rang the starting bell, or the closing bell.

@mr42O @Akheilos @Kaptaan @Azlan Haider @Fawad Masīd @PaklovesTurkiye @MastanKhan @Horus @waz @Windjammer @AsianUnion @Major Sam @Mentee @Joe Shearer @ito @Valkyrie @User @Hiptullha @Cornered Tiger @LeGenD @ISI. @MystryMan @New World @Emmie @LA se Karachi @Meengla @ziaulislam @Rahil khan @HAKIKAT @Kaniska @Slav Defence @Manticore

After operationalization of CPEC, we can expect a lot of investment coming from all over the world...Pakistanis and Americans should engage in economic prospects...It will be good 4 both countries. :pakistan::usflag: :-)

Do you ever say anything without crying dude? Read the bold part. If the American investments were that much "stopped" to Pakistan, well, you wouldn't be seeing the NASDAQ celebrating "Pakistan Day" in Times Square, would you?? :rofl::angel:

You'd ONLY see these "partnership" things, when American investors and my Jewish brethren at Wall Street smell GREEN and LOTS OF IT (like hundreds of billions over time)!! Which means, Pakistan is headed to be in the top 15 economies within the next 5-8 years, guaranteed!

And just to remind you, Pakistan's stock market has been returning top 3 profits and ROI in the entire globe. Even above India by 3 levels. So where is the "instability" if a market returns top 3 profits on investor' investment? Its in your head. Not anywhere else.

The real unrest is in India. Didn't Modi just agree to finally doing negotiations with the Kashmiris just yesterday?? I didn't see Pakistanis trying to send 7-10 people on each civilian in their part of Kashmir. Let's not go off topic. Instead of derailing the thread, you should sometime just read the thread and write accordingly. Not every post requires a burnt and depressed response from you guys. Sorry, just saying the truth.

@Irfan Baloch @waz @Manticore : guys, please watch this thread. I'd like for this to be a good discussion topic. Not a troll fest. Thank you.
Sir looks like 60s era is back, Nice gesture by the way , thank you Americans :D

Pakistan is a large consumer market of 180 million people and, naturally, American inc will be interested in investing and capturing that market. But what stops American investments in Pakistan is it being perceived as an unstable and security state. The enmity with India is taking a huge toll on Pakistan's economy. Unless there is peace between India and Pakistan, American and other FDI investors will shun Pakistan, so will American corporates.
Now shoooooo :angry:

Its market capitalisation was 72 billion USD on July 10, 2015.

In July 2013, it was around 52.7 billion USD

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/07/economist-explains-19

In july 2011, it was around 35 billion USD

This is good growth for sure but I don't see it hitting a trillion dollar market cap in 4 years.....much less volume which stands right now at 12 billion. Or maybe you are talking about it in terms of PKR?

In 4 years time, it may be around 200 - 240 billion USD market cap at best (assuming 30% y.o.y growth).

Where are the numbers for July - August 2016? HA!! Gotcha!!!! Don't post old volume numbers, post the real details. In 2014, it RETURNED 52% profit!! Now go forward since then.

Here's the exerpt from the invite people like me (investors get) from Morgan Stanley, Goldman, JPM and other investment houses. I am copying and pasting Pakistan's part as the meeting covered 10 other fastest growing countries. Bloomberg now talks about Pakistan every day in some sort. Plenty of American billions have gone to Pakistan and more are going every month :lol:

You are doing what people from your country have been doing for the past three years, "hell no, Pakistan can't make progress", to now "Pakistan is making little progress". Well, its in your face and it will be the case. Next stop for them, is to get a slice of Indian BPO and Outsourcing market. Watch how it goes down in the next few years. Mr. Modi isn't shitting in his pants for no reason :rofl:. But here, read the invite from Morgan Stanley's e-mail out to investors on June 14th!!

"Morgan Stanley, New York Head Quarters, Jun 15, 2016 ...10:55am, the KSE-100 index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange ... in the Emerging Markets category will be discussed in June 2016 MSI - Emerging Markets meeting. Market Capitalization is US $ 1.7 Trillion ($1,687 Billion USD to be precise) with plenty of upside. The attached documents provide full forecast for Pakistan, along with growth projections estimating Pakistan to be the 11th largest economy by 2035." :hitwall:

After operationalization of CPEC, we can expect a lot of investment coming from all over the world...Pakistanis and Americans should engage in economic prospects...It will be good 4 both countries. :pakistan::usflag: :-)

I keep saying that. Some emotional people don't get it. If military dealings with the US have become difficult, go find another supplier. But don't bi*tch about the US on every forum due to that one topic. Use the US as a partner for what you need done for your country.....investments, investments, and investments!!

The US is that ONE country where if the investors had good view of Pakistan as a good business destination, pumping in $ 50-100 billion is a joke for them. But it would change the entire Pakistan and would make all of her major cities look like Dubai wherever you go (using Dubai as an Asian example of growth and modernization). So please, write positive things about the US in terms of trade and business. The US in a month can pump in more money than other nations would in 5 years, transforming Pakistan into a much more modern state. Good works already being done as you can see the first post of this thread. Its the SAME Pakistan that the US media used to bi*tch about just a few years ago.

Today, the entire New York (and millions of visitors a day) are seeing the Green Flag with such a positive message from a Trillion dollar exchange company like the NASDAQ. That is a HUGE change, and it needs to continue. So be positive about the US and Pakistan's partnerships. Forget the military stuff and put it on the side. :usflag::smitten::pakistan:

Three years have passed by when I used to tell people on here as to what was coming, from auto policy to Russian relationships, to Pakistan becoming a business and technology hub and her stock market getting into the top 5!!

Man, did I take some serious beating on those predictions for so long!! But glad to see, pretty much everything I assessed and explained to people, has turned out to be true.

But good job to people running Pakistan and creating these business relations that are taking Pakistan to the next level. Credit should be given to where it deserves.

The Sukhois as you mentioned, haven't arrived.

Actually, it won't be more than three more years when it reaches over a trillion in volume.

Man i wouldn't lie, when ever i come here on PDF, every single time i try to find your comments in posts because they are precise and to the point. I really love your analysis.

Where are the numbers for July - August 2016? HA!! Gotcha!!!! Don't post old volume numbers, post the real details. In 2014, it RETURNED 52% profit!! Now go forward since then.

Here's the exerpt from the invite people like me (investors get) from Morgan Stanley, Goldman, JPM and other investment houses. I am copying and pasting Pakistan's part as the meeting covered 10 other fastest growing countries. Bloomberg now talks about Pakistan every day in some sort. Plenty of American billions have gone to Pakistan and more are going every month :lol:

You are doing what people from your country have been doing for the past three years, "hell no, Pakistan can't make progress", to now "Pakistan is making little progress". Well, its in your face and it will be the case. Next stop for them, is to get a slice of Indian BPO and Outsourcing market. Watch how it goes down in the next few years. Mr. Modi isn't shitting in his pants for no reason :rofl:. But here, read the invite from Morgan Stanley's e-mail out to investors on June 14th!!

"Morgan Stanley, New York Head Quarters, Jun 15, 2016 ...10:55am, the KSE-100 index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange ... in the Emerging Markets category will be discussed in June 2016 MSI - Emerging Markets meeting. Market Capitalization is US $ 1.7 Trillion ($1,687 Billion USD to be precise) with plenty of upside. The attached documents provide full forecast for Pakistan, along with growth projections estimating Pakistan to be the 11th largest economy by 2035." :hitwall:

I keep saying that. Some emotional people don't get it. If military dealings with the US have become difficult, go find another supplier. But don't bi*tch about the US on every forum due to that one topic. Use the US as a partner for what you need done for your country.....investments, investments, and investments!!

The US is that ONE country where if the investors had good view of Pakistan as a good business destination, pumping in $ 50-100 billion is a joke for them. But it would change the entire Pakistan and would make all of her major cities look like Dubai wherever you go (using Dubai as an Asian example of growth and modernization). So please, write positive things about the US in terms of trade and business. The US in a month can pump in more money than other nations would in 5 years, transforming Pakistan into a much more modern state. Good works already being done as you can see the first post of this thread. Its the SAME Pakistan that the US media used to bi*tch about just a few years ago.

Today, the entire New York (and millions of visitors a day) are seeing the Green Flag with such a positive message from a Trillion dollar exchange company like the NASDAQ. That is a HUGE change, and it needs to continue. So be positive about the US and Pakistan's partnerships. Forget the military stuff and put it on the side. :usflag::smitten::pakistan:
Its good to be positive and a nice thing that pakistan is getting invited and surely with so much global liquidity everybody is looking doe new nations to put the money into. But you are full with such falsehood that i had to write it.please attach the original MS document as they are not as dumb as you to go with the Usd1.7tn number as it is false. A simple google search will provide info what the actual current number is. Also please stop fooling young people into believing that 100s of billiona are sitting to be invested . India equity inflows in a good year from Fii will be close to 10-15bn usd and you fool people that 100bn will get invested in Kse. I work in a top investment firm and know how these rhings works. Such falseness in how you talk that i am sure you dont know anything how investment world works, i am sure or just bragging. Also past performance is never gurantee of the future, any of your wild projections would not hold even in the best case scenario, let alone if fed starts ona rate raising cycle. Phew u really dont know anything.

Back
Top Bottom