What's new

Pakistan crush India

Why & How does Pakistan produce so much talent in Hockey and Cricket?

For a small country, the talent and skill is phenomenal.The only blip in this story is that even Srilanka (which has a fraction of even Pakistan's population) has tremendous cricket talent....Nations like Australia, Newzealand and England are developed and thus the system produces the skills....India and BD are laggards in this regard.

How and why?

Is india not ranked no1 in test cricket?

Well done pakistan but i will save the congrats unless they win the trophy.

Why & How does Pakistan produce so much talent in Hockey and Cricket?

For a small country, the talent and skill is phenomenal.The only blip in this story is that even Srilanka (which has a fraction of even Pakistan's population) has tremendous cricket talent....Nations like Australia, Newzealand and England are developed and thus the system produces the skills....India and BD are laggards in this regard.

How and why?

Small? did u say small? Pakistan is much bigger than NZ and Holland. If they can produce big players then we definitely can. :pakistan:

Good Job ... Well done ... Congrats to Pakistan and Pakistani's ....

Bohot Bohot Mubarakh ....:tup::smitten:

India has a lot of talent but it doesn't go beyond the Ranji Trophy and now the IPL.

A friend from Delhi once told me that North India vs. South India politics/ rivalry also plays an important role in players selection and this hurts talented players and national team.

It also have to do with active players scouting for new talents.

Wasim Akram was pointed out to Imran Khan by Miandad.

Mohammed Aamer was groomed by Mudasser Nazer.

Shoaib Akhtar - I think he was picked by Wasim Akram.

Shahid Afridi was disocvered by Miandad. According to SA, had Miandad not found him, he would have been selling cars at his father's show room.

Aamer Sohail has unearthed a lot of talent too.

Many more examples.

Was he another Sikh?
As far i remember most of the time indian hockey has been predominated by Sikh, more india induct hindus, more team start to perform badly!
Is it only my observation or others have noticed it too?
Why not indians try a full sikh hockey team!! after all they deserve it on fair grounds.

regardless of the sincerity of your query....the reason you see more of sikhs in the Indian team than any other ethnicity is the sad story of politics and unnecessary intervention in the lives of the players and the standard of national hockey in general.
five six years ago the hockey team had 3-4 sikhs playing before Kps Gill took over...he spoiled the careers of the some of the greats like Dhanraj Pillai...as he wanted more sikhs in the team...it's a sad story...under his aegis...Indian hockey has seen new lows...
I definitely dont believe in any races superiority...the Indian cricket team has just one sikh and still is doing amazingly well at the moment...
the football team that won the SAFF tournament cup today has 0 sikhs...
religion doesn't make you superhuman.

Exactly. India's large population produces fewer stars than Newzeland does.

So my question is why and how? Im not sure what do you mean by chaos theory.

The options are that 1) India does not have comparable inherent talent available for various sports.So good systems will only improve the results to a certain degree but cannot match say China...

2) It has the talent but its not harnessed and/or developed well due to systemic issues.

Option 1 seems right on the surface, if you were to compare fast bowling with even Sri Lanka.However, its difficult to believe that if NRI's in US were to pursue sports as their nirvana, they will do much worse than what they do in Infotech or Financial services..given the good systems in place..they thrive...so am not very sure about option 1 being the reality

Option 2 seems to be right answer but begs the question as to how Pakistan produces talent given the acute lack of processes/scientific training in Pakistanai cricket....

If bot Option 1 & 2 are not the explanation then what is?

what is wrong with you?
cheer up the junior Indian team won the senior SAFF cup today stunning everyone.
a day back the Indian cricket team pulled of the highest run chase in t-20 cricket...but there is no end satisfying us....
our last olympic performance was a far cry from all the previous times...albeit still dismal...

Lovely to see Pakistani hockey team again coming back to its good standard hockey which once was halmark of our national game and team.

Sorry to break this bad news but Pakistan lost 2-4 to Newzeland.

Yeah man I saw the match it was paid per view...
but u know I was happy with this effort they actuall tried thier best...
It wasn't just happening for them in the game...
Anyways it was a job well done...
Proud of them guys...
Pakistan Zindabad..

regardless of the sincerity of your query....the reason you see more of sikhs in the Indian team than any other ethnicity is the sad story of politics and unnecessary intervention in the lives of the players and the standard of national hockey in general.
five six years ago the hockey team had 3-4 sikhs playing before Kps Gill took over...he spoiled the careers of the some of the greats like Dhanraj Pillai...as he wanted more sikhs in the team...it's a sad story...under his aegis...Indian hockey has seen new lows...
I definitely dont believe in any races superiority...the Indian cricket team has just one sikh and still is doing amazingly well at the moment...
the football team that won the SAFF tournament cup today has 0 sikhs...
religion doesn't make you superhuman.

I would agree with most of your post, except the bold part. Can you provide any proof to substantiate your statement?

Personally I don't want to mix religion into sports. However, I believe you know that majority of Sikh players who played in the Indian hockey team were great players.

Ever heard of village Sansarpur of Jalandhar, Punjab, that has produced many Olympians for the hockey team of India:SANSARPUR

Is india not ranked no1 in test cricket?

Yes, but if you look at the history of cricket, Pakistan has normally been the better side and sometimes much better. It's only within the last 3-4 odd years that India became a better side and today it's much better.

I would agree with most of your post, except the bold part. Can you provide any proof to substantiate your statement?

Personally I don't want to mix religion into sports. However, I believe you know that majority of Sikh players who played in the Indian hockey team were great players.

Ever heard of village Sansarpur of Jalandhar, Punjab, that has produced many Olympians for the hockey team of India:SANSARPUR

ps 80 just look at the team under MS Gill rules...Most of them are Sikh Players apart from Danraj Pillai and one another player and look the Indian performance at that time..you will clearly get an answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom