What's new

Pakistan crush India

^Great Win for Pakistan - Good Luck in the FINAL today!!!:pakistan:

hope we have saved some goals for the final.

Last edited:
Population has nothing to do with sporting talent. NZ has a population of less than 4.5 million (thats less than city of ahmedabad) and yet if u watch them play rugby or cricket it seems unbelievable. You might as well say its an example of chaos theory.

Exactly. India's large population produces fewer stars than Newzeland does.

So my question is why and how? Im not sure what do you mean by chaos theory.

The options are that 1) India does not have comparable inherent talent available for various sports.So good systems will only improve the results to a certain degree but cannot match say China...

2) It has the talent but its not harnessed and/or developed well due to systemic issues.

Option 1 seems right on the surface, if you were to compare fast bowling with even Sri Lanka.However, its difficult to believe that if NRI's in US were to pursue sports as their nirvana, they will do much worse than what they do in Infotech or Financial services..given the good systems in place..they thrive...so am not very sure about option 1 being the reality

Option 2 seems to be right answer but begs the question as to how Pakistan produces talent given the acute lack of processes/scientific training in Pakistanai cricket....

If bot Option 1 & 2 are not the explanation then what is?

now looking for final
i hope,wish & pray for the best :pakistan:

Exactly. India's large population produces fewer stars than Newzeland does.

So my question is why and how? Im not sure what do you mean by chaos theory.

The options are that 1) India does not have comparable inherent talent available for various sports.So good systems will only improve the results to a certain degree but cannot match say China...

2) It has the talent but its not harnessed and/or developed well due to systemic issues.

Option 1 seems right on the surface, if you were to compare fast bowling with even Sri Lanka.However, its difficult to believe that if NRI's in US were to pursue sports as their nirvana, they will do much worse than what they do in Infotech or Financial services..given the good systems in place..they thrive...so am not very sure about option 1 being the reality

Option 2 seems to be right answer but begs the question as to how Pakistan produces talent given the acute lack of processes/scientific training in Pakistanai cricket....

If bot Option 1 & 2 are not the explanation then what is?

4 reasons.

1. Lack of funds for training.
2. Corruption
3. Lack of sportsmanship
4. Support(parents don't provide sports, want their kid to be a doctor or engineer.)

Goes for all of south asia.

Well done Pakistan..Congrats..now win the final and qualify for the champions trophy. we need some Asian in the champions trophy.

Really its hard to believe we once won 6 Olympic gold medals in a row and has won 8 golds in total :(

Last edited:
Well done Pakistan..Congrats..now win the final and qualify for the champions trophy. we need some Asian in the champions trophy.

Really its hard to believe once won 6 Olympic gold medals in a row and has won 8 golds in total :(

Field Hockey

The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) is the national governing body of field hockey in Pakistan. The Pakistan Hockey Federation Women Wing (PHFWW) is the official organization of women's field hockey in Pakistan. The Pakistan men's team has won three gold medals at the Olympics and lifted the Hockey World Cup four times, a World Record. It has also won the most number of Asian gold medals and is the only Asian team to have won the prestigious Champions Trophy with three titles. It has been consistently ranked amongst the top teams in the world. Notable players include Sohail Abbas, Mohammed Saqlain and Waseem Ahmad.

Sport in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan won the Champions Trophy in 1978, 1980, and 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_Trophy_(field_hockey)

Last edited:
Asian teams need to do well in hockey just like cricket. nice to beat India but would like to have them in champions trophy :(

damn hockey, its been neglected since 1983. The land of Dhyan Chand needs a revival :angry:

Was he another Sikh?
As far i remember most of the time indian hockey has been predominated by Sikh, more india induct hindus, more team start to perform badly!
Is it only my observation or others have noticed it too?
Why not indians try a full sikh hockey team!! after all they deserve it on fair grounds.

Was he another Sikh?
As far i remember most of the time indian hockey has been predominated by Sikh, more india induct hindus, more team start to perform badly!
Is it only my observation or others have noticed it too?
Why not indians try a full sikh hockey team!! after all they deserve it on fair grounds.

can you please put political aside for at least in sport section :disagree:

Was he another Sikh?
Is it only my observation or others noticed it too?

hey man plzzzz
plzzz
plzzzz try to google" babu dhaynchand "

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

hey man plzzzz
plzzz
plzzzz try to google" babu dhaynchand "

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Don't get so upset...
See the suject of the thread what does it tell you???? so start a new thread for dhaynchand late...

can you please put political aside for at least in sport section :disagree:
That's i'm trying to advise...keep politics out and be fair to Sikhs and learn to acknowledge their services and acheivements also.

Don't get so upset...
See the suject of the thread what does it tell you???? so start a new thread for dhaynchand late...

That's i'm trying to advise...keep politics out and be fair to Sikhs and learn to acknowledge their services and acheivements also.

Man have you ever heard of Danraj pillai??check whether he is Punjabi?he is one of the best player India ever had..and also Sikhs are better respected for their services and sacrifices to my country..i dont want to prove anything to you..even if i prove it you wont agree with me..

As for hockey i think the some of the reasons we are left behind is

Change is rules and turf of the game..

Cricket become popular and unchallenged

Enormous amount of money pouring in to cricket compared to other sports

Lack of a quality leader who can govern the Indian Hockey Federation..

lack of encouragement in the root level for hockey players ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom